Harold L. Wallin is a lawyer based in Chicago, whose practice includes both criminal defense and personal injury claims. He is a graduate of the University of Chicago and the Washington University School of Law. He is a member of the Illinois Bar and the Federal Trial Bar of the Northern District of Illinois. Mr. Wallin is also a member of the Illinois State Bar Association, the Chicago Bar Association, the Illinois Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers and the Illinois Lawyer & Substance Abuse Counselor Association. He is a member of the Illinois State Bar Association’s Section on Traffic Laws & Courts. Mr. Wallin is also serves as a member of the executive committee of the Chicago Bar Association’s Judicial Evaluation Committee and serves as an arbitrator in the Cook County Mandatory Arbitration program. Mr. Wallin’s experience includes hundreds of trials, hearings and/or arbitrations. Mr. Wallin has represented clients in Cook, DuPage, Kane, Lake, McHenry and Will Counties.
He has been rated “10 out of 10” and “Superb” by AVVO, the attorney rating website.
For the last four years, Mr. Wallin has been chosen by the ratings website “ThreeBestRated” as one of Chicago’s Top Three DWI (DUI) Lawyers.
For the last three years, Mr. Wallin was chosen by Expertise.com as one of “Chicago’s Top Criminal Defense Attorneys.”
Since 2014, Mr. Wallin has been honored as one of “Illinois’s Top 100 Criminal Trial Lawyers” by The National Trial Lawyers.
His official web page can be found at: http://www.illinoisduilawyer.com/
- Criminal Law
- DUI & DWI
- Medical Malpractice
- Personal Injury
- Traffic Tickets
- Car Accidents
- Free Consultation
- Credit Cards Accepted
i accept all major credit or debit cards
- Contingent Fees
I accept contingency fees for civil cases, such as personal injury, auto accidents, slip and falls or medical malpractice.
- Solo Practitioner
- The Law Offices of Harold L. Wallin
- - Current
- As a sole practitioner, I have handled over a thousand litigation matters,including personal injury, criminal defense and administrative hearings, from client intake through trial or settlement, including motion practice, depositions, and pre-trial hearings. I have been lead counsel on 30 jury trials and over 150 bench trials. In addition, I have handled hundreds of arbitrations, pre-trial motions, depositions, or administrative hearings. Criminal cases include criminal sexual assault and abuse, UUW, PSM, PCS, strong-arm robbery, burglary, felony and misdemeanor DUI, and battery.
- Richard Cohen & Associates
- Responsibilities included: Handling heavy caseload including personal injury, criminal, matrimonial and contract issues from initial investigation to trial, including discovery, settlements, arbitrations, preliminary hearings and trials. This includes jury and bench and numerous depositions, arbitrations, pre-trial evidentiary hearings and administrative hearings.
- Washington University School of Law
- J.D. (1994) | Law
- Honors: Law Student Award
- Activities: Pro Bono Society
- University of Chicago
- B.A. (1987) | Sociology
- Honors: Dean's List, 1986 and 1987
- Activities: DOC Film Society
- Illinois Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- - Current
- Illinois State Bar # 84114
- - Current
- Chicago Bar Association # 907182
- - Current
- Activities: Judicial Evaluation Committee. Currently serving on the executive committee.