Gregory L Abbott

Gregory L Abbott

  • Consumer Law, Landlord Tenant, Collections ...
  • Oregon, Washington
Review This Lawyer
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&A

Protecting Consumers and Small Businesses in Oregon for Over 23 Years. Landlord-Tenant Matters, Debt Collection Issues, Wills/Probates/Estate Administration, Auto Accidents, Car Deals Gone Bad are All Mainstays of My Practice. Other Attorneys in Oregon Hire Me to Help - Shouldn't You Too?

Practice Areas
    Consumer Law
    Class Action, Lemon Law
    Landlord Tenant
    Evictions, Housing Discrimination, Landlord Rights, Rent Control, Tenants' Rights
    Probate Administration, Probate Litigation, Will Contests
    Personal Injury
    Animal & Dog Bites, Brain Injury, Car Accidents, Construction Accidents, Motorcycle Accidents, Premises Liability, Truck Accidents, Wrongful Death
    Animal & Dog Law
  • Contingent Fees
    I accept contingent fees in select cases after a thorough review
  • Rates, Retainers and Additional Information
    Depending upon the case and the situation, I offer flat fees in some matters; contingent fees in some; and hourly rates in others.
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
9th Circuit
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
  • English: Spoken, Written
Lewis & Clark Law School
J.D. (1993)
Honors: AmJur Award in Alternate Dispute Resolution, Winner of Mock Trial Competition
Lewis & Clark Law School Logo
Knox College
B.A. (1975) | Anthropology
Activities: On Student Government
Placeholder image for education.
Websites & Blogs
Consumer Law Northwest
Legal Answers
1016 Questions Answered
Q. Need help with a tendent that we had to evict
A: Without further information, there is nothing for me or any other attorney to comment on or help with. If it is more than just a specific question, you are likely to need at least the consultation, if not the outright assistance of, a local landlord-tenant attorney. If that is likely, just make an appointment with one to review your situation and go from there. Good luck.
Q. I received a 10 day pet violation from my landlord. I am being told I have to get rid of my dog or be evicted.
A: IF you have provided the needed documentation of the animal being a ESA, then you should be allowed to keep it - unless your ESA has misbehaved or otherwise caused a disturbance or problem. If it has, then a landlord has a right to require you to get rid of that specific animal but you would be allowed to replace it with a new ESA. I doubt a 10 day termination notice, however, is the appropriate notice for that event anyway. If you have further difficulties, consider reviewing it all with a local landlord-tenant attorney. Good luck.
Q. I signed a lease but my landlord charges me anywhere from $130 to $230 for a month-to-month lease
A: Are you saying that you are being charged more rent each month than your lease said you would be? If so, that can be remedied. Document the total overage amount you have paid in the last 12 months; write an explanation along with the overage documentation, and subtract that overage amount from your next rent check. Be sure your information is correct but then the landlord can't evict you if you have paid rent in full.
View More Answers
Contact & Map
Consumer Law Northwest
6635 N. Baltimore Ave
Suite 254
Portland, OR 97203
Telephone: (503) 283-4568
Toggle tool

There are no recently viewed profiles.

There are no saved profiles.

There are no profiles to compare.