Free Consultation: (561) 347-7770Tap to Call This Lawyer
Gregg M. Hollander

Gregg M. Hollander

Hollander Law Firm
  • Medical Malpractice, Nursing Home Abuse, Personal Injury...
  • Florida
Rate This Lawyer
Lawyer Rating and Reviews
Legal Knowledge
Legal Analysis
Communication Skills
Ethics and Professionalism
Rating: 10 Justia Lawyer Rating - 10 out of 10
Having practiced law for over 25 years, I can unequivocally state that Gregg is one of Florida's finest advocates for injury victims.
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&ALII PlatinumBlawgsearchSocial Media

Gregg M. Hollander is the personal injury trial attorney that has the passion, experience, resources and personalized service needed to help client’s seek justice. He has been assisting thousands of victims in Boca Raton, Fort Lauderdale and West Palm Beach for more than 25 years. Gregg has taken on individuals, insurance companies and large corporations who put profits above people and/or profits over safety. Hollander has extensive jury trial experience representing thousands of victims of auto accidents, medical malpractice, defective products, nursing home abuse and wrongful death.
Gregg attended the University of Florida followed by St. Thomas University School of Law where he received his Juris Doctor degree. He is admitted to The Florida Bar and is admitted to practice in all Florida state courts and in the Federal District Courts for the Southern and Middle Districts of Florida.
A Florida native, Gregg Hollander and the professionals at the Hollander Law Firm believe that each case is personal because it is personal. He gives each client personal and individual service as each client, case and situation is unique.
If you or a loved one has been seriously injured in a South Florida accident, whether on the road, on the job or in a medical care facility, email or call the Hollander Law Firm today for a free and confidential appointment to discuss your rights.

Practice Areas
  • Medical Malpractice
  • Nursing Home Abuse
  • Personal Injury
  • Products Liability
  • Free Consultation
  • Contingent Fees
    No Fees or Cost if No Recovery
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
The U.S. District Court - Southern District of Florida
U.S. District Court - Middle District of Florida
  • English: Spoken, Written
Professional Experience
President / Attorney
- Current
St. Thomas University School of Law
J.D. | Law
University of Florida
AV Preeminent
Peer Rated for Highest Level of Professional Excellence
Client's Choice Award
Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum®
The Top Trial Lawyers in America
Established in 1993, the Million Dollar Advocates Forum (which includes the Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum) is one of the most prestigious groups of trial lawyers in the United States. Its members have won million, multi-million and billion dollar cases.
Million Dollar Advocates Forum®
The Top Trial Lawyers in America
Established in 1993, the Million Dollar Advocates Forum (which includes the Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum) is one of the most prestigious groups of trial lawyers in the United States. Its members have won million, multi-million and billion dollar cases.
Professional Associations
Palm Beach County Justice Association
Florida Justice Association
Palm Beach County Bar Association
South Palm Beach County Bar Association
Broward County Bar Association
Collier County Bar Association
Lee County Bar Association
American Bar Association
Florida State Bar
Articles & Publications
Bicycle, Pedestrian Deaths Up Sharply
Hollander Law Firm Blog
Legal Answers
7 Questions Answered

Q. I was in a hit and run accident last week I have the driver tag number and a photo of the driver from the security
A: Good morning. I'm sorry to hear what you are going through. It sounds like you have several issues to address: Injuries, Lost Wages, and Property Damage to your vehicle. As far as your injuries are concerned, your PIP coverage will pay a portion of your medical bills up to a certain limit depending on a variety of factors including when you sought treatment. Your PIP coverage may also reimburse you for 60% of your lost wages. You mention you have the tag number of the vehicle that hit you. Have you turned this over to the investigating police officer? If not, I would highly recommend that you do. The police should be able to track down the owner/driver of the vehicle that fled the scene. Do you have uninsured/underinsured motorist coverage through policy of auto insurance? If so, you could make a claim through the portion of your policy to compensate you for bodily injury and any medical expenses and wages that were not covered under your PIP coverage. While your PIP coverage would be primary to cover your medical expenses related to this accident, if you have health insurance, they would provide secondary coverage. I would be happy to discuss these issues and any other in more detail at your convenience. Thanks. All the best, Gregg
Q. Vehicle on highway in front of me stopped for an illegal uturn in median and caused wreck.. they fled scene. Now what?
A: Good afternoon. I'm always in favor of and recommend calling the police (911) immediately after an accident while you are still at the scene. However, since that was not done, you can elect to file one now. I would recommend that you preserve the video you have in its unedited format. If you haven't already, you may also want to report the accident to your insurance company. Please keep in mind that the other driver or their insurance company may try and suggest you were negligent in whole or in part for hitting the car in front of you. They may claim you were following too closely, not keeping a proper lookout, etc. If you were injured or are having any pain and discomfort you may want to consider seeking medical treatment. Depending upon when the accident happened, will determine if you can preserve the maximum coverage under your PIP coverage. If you have any additional questions, please feel free to contact me in the office. Best of luck. Gregg
Q. Why does my dentist want me to sign a release form and have it notarized in order to get full money back?
A: Good evening: I’m sorry to hear you’ve had such a poor experience with this dental group. Without reviewing that Release it’s hard to comment specifically. However, it sounds like they are willing to give you a full refund in exchange for a release of all claims. They want to ensure that if they give you your money back, you can’t subsequently turn around and sue them for additional money arising from the issue with the bridge or anything else. This is not unusual. Your concerns about another dentist being apprehensive or even unwilling to provide treatment for the bridge are valid. You may want to consult with another dentist prior to signing the release to see if you can find someone willing to treat you. While it doesn’t appear you were specifically asking about medical/dental malpractice, you should be aware that there is a two (2) year statute of limitations applicable to medical malpractice cases in Florida. This includes dental malpractice. If you fail to comply with the applicable statute of limitations, you may be forever barred from recovering with regard to your loss. Best of luck to you. Gregg
Q. What can a widow and child collect for death of husband and father who was killed in a car accident
A: Good afternoon: I’m very sorry to hear about your loss. My thoughts and prayers go out to your entire family. You and your children may recover future loss of support and services from the date of your husband’s death. You as surviving spouse may also recover for loss of your husband’s companionship and protection and for mental pain and suffering from the date of his death. Your minor children may also recover for lost parental companionship, instruction, and guidance and for mental pain and suffering from the date of your husband’s death. In addition, you may recover funeral expenses if you paid them. Lastly, the personal representative of your husband’s estate may recover loss of the prospective net accumulations of the estate. What I’ve listed above are the types of damages that can be recovered. As Mr. Tapalian pointed out, the actual amount of these damages would depend on a variety of factors. We would be happy to discuss this matter with you in greater detail and explain your rights under Florida law. If there is anything we can do to assist, please feel free to give us a call. Condolences. Gregg
Q. I had hernia surgery 2 yrs ago, now I have a hernia in the exact place of the incision and need to have another sugery.
A: Good afternoon. I'm very sorry to hear about what you're going through. I'm not a medical doctor of course but I am aware that one of the risks associated with hernia repair surgery is that the hernia can return. If the hernia repair fails and the hernia reappears, this is referred to as a recurrent hernia. This can happen absent malpractice. Whether or not you have a case would depend upon the specific circumstances of your care and treatment and whether or not the surgeon who performed your surgery deviated from the prevailing professional standard of care. In addition, because your original surgery occurred some time ago, there may be a statute of limitations issue. Florida has codified a two-year statute of limitations for medical malpractice causes of action, with a four-year statute of repose, and a seven-year maximum cap for cases that involve fraud, concealment, or intentional misrepresentation by a prospective defendant health care provider. This simply means you have two years from the date that you knew or should have know of the malpractice not to exceed a total period of four years. It would be in your best interest to consult with a Florida Medical Malpractice Attorney to learn more about your rights. Wishing you all the best for a quick recovery. Gregg
Q. I was involved in a very bad car accident in Maryland I am a Florida resident I was hit by a guy who was on heroin
A: I'm so sorry to hear about your loss. Please accept my condolences. The answer to your question is just not that simple. First, where did the accident happen? If it happened in Florida, the owner of the at-fault vehicle is considered primarily responsible and can be sued as long as the person driving the car had the owners permission and consent to do so. As far as whether or not you can sue and what damages you can collect would depend on things such as your age and whether or not your mother left a surviving spouse. I would be more than happy to discuss your rights in detail. Regards, Gregg
Q. can a surviving spouse sue for malpractice individually or must the deceased estate sue.I’m told only the estate
A: Hi Scott: In Florida, pursuant to Florida Statute 768.20, an action for wrongful death shall be brought by the decedent's personal representative, who shall recover for the benefit of the decedent's survivors and estate all damages, as specified in the wrongful death act, caused by the injury resulting in death. It is very common for the surviving spouse to be appointed as the personal representative of the estate. As Mr. Feldman pointed out, if an estate is not already set up, that will have to be done prior to filing the lawsuit. If you have additional questions, please feel free to give me a call to discuss. Regards, Gregg
Click here to see all answers
Social Media
Contact & Map
Hollander Law Firm
Boca Raton
7000 W Palmetto Park Rd
Boca Raton, FL 33433
Telephone: (561) 347-7770
Fax: (561) 347-9929
Hollander Law Firm
West Palm Beach
515 N Flagler Dr
West Palm Beach, FL 33401
Telephone: (561) 293-8522
Fax: (561) 347-9929
Hollander Law Firm
Fort Lauderdale
500 E Broward Blvd
Fort Lauderdale, FL 33394
Telephone: (954) 848-2955
Fax: (561) 347-9929