Profile Image Placeholder

Gojko Kasich

Lake County Public Defender Office
  • Appeals & Appellate, Asbestos & Mesothelioma, Business Law ...
  • Indiana
Review This Lawyer
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&A
Practice Areas
    Appeals & Appellate
    Civil Appeals, Federal Appeals
    Asbestos & Mesothelioma
    Business Law
    Business Contracts, Business Dissolution, Business Finance, Business Formation, Business Litigation, Franchising, Mergers & Acquisitions, Partnership & Shareholder Disputes
    Family Law
    Adoption, Child Custody, Child Support, Father's Rights, Guardianship & Conservatorship, Paternity, Prenups & Marital Agreements, Restraining Orders, Same Sex Family Law
Additional Practice Areas
  • Car Accidents
  • General Civil
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
Professional Experience
Staff Public Defender
Lake County Public Defender Office
- Current
Lake County Convention & Visitors Bureau
Indiana University Robert H. McKinney School of Law
J.D. | Law
Phi Delta Phi Legal Fraternity, Moot Court
Indiana University Robert H. McKinney School of Law Logo
Indiana University - Indiana University-Bloomington
B.A. | Forensics/Criminal Justice
Indiana University - Indiana University-Bloomington Logo
Finalist, Public Defender of Year
Indiana Public Defender Council
Websites & Blogs
Legal Answers
25 Questions Answered
Q. See detailed question below:
A: I'll answer the mortgage question first. The mortgage company DOESN'T CARE if you are divorced. Your ex needs to refinance to get you off the mortgage. Otherwise, you're stuck and you need some protective language in any final decree. Hire a lawyer. It might hurt now, but it will save you TONS of headaches in the long run.
Q. What are the laws regarding the non custodial parent providing adequate heat in the home during visit
A: Laws can't cover every eventuality. If the children don't have heat in the home/apartment where they are having visitation, a motion should be filed with the Court to curtail visitation or to hold noncustodial parent in contempt. Now, the problem with something like this is PROVING it. You put the children in a position to have to testify against the non-custodial parent, which often makes these people irate . . . because it's never THEIR fault, remember?
Q. How long must an offender be on parole in the state of Indiana after his release from prison?
A: Usually, it's 2 years. However: If an inmate was given probation after his/her sentence following the in-custody portion of the sentence, the inmate won't be put on parole but will be assigned to probation. If an inmate was allowed to go into a CTP [Community Transition Program] for the last few months of his/her sentence, a court MAY discharge that person without placing him/her on parole. If it's the first time the inmate is being released, and s/he wasn't convicted of a sex offense or a "crime of violence" [there's a list of these in the criminal code], AND s/he didn't violate any DOC rules during the last 6 months of his/her sentence, the parole may be reduced to just one year. Sex offenders who are NOT “sexually violent predators” SHALL be put on parole for a period of ten years. Those inmates that are "sexually violent predators” or who were convicted of murder or voluntary manslaughter SHALL be put on parole for life.
View More Answers
Contact & Map
Hebron, IN, USA
Telephone: (219) 996-4648
Toggle tool

There are no recently viewed profiles.

There are no saved profiles.

There are no profiles to compare.