Free Consultation: (215) 638-7500Tap to Call This Lawyer
Glenn Neiman
  • Workers' Compensation
  • Pennsylvania
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&ALII GoldBlawgsearchSocial Media

I graduated from Temple University School of Law in 1992. Since that time, I have practiced solely in the areas of workers' compensation, social security disability, and related state and federal disability law. This was further limited to just Pennsylvania workers’ compensation matters over the last several years. In addition to Pennsylvania licensure, I am also licensed to practice in the state courts of New Jersey, and am admitted to practice in Federal District Courts in both states. On various occasions, I have been a speaker at public information seminars, as well as seminars sponsored by The Bucks County Bar Association and National Business Institute, on workers' compensation topics. I have also participated in The People's Law School curriculum, teaching a class on workers' compensation. Most recently, I was invited to join the faculty of, a prestigious legal education provider. I am an active member of the Bucks County, Philadelphia and Pennsylvania Bar Associations. Away from the office, I serve as President of the homeowners’ association of a 400-residence development.

Practice Area
  • Workers' Compensation
  • Free Consultation
  • Rates, Retainers and Additional Information
    No fee unless we obtain results.
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
Professional Experience
Temple University
Temple University
B.B.A. / Business Law/Management
Honors: Graduated cum laude
Professional Associations
Pennsylvania State Bar
Legal Answers
8 Questions Answered

Q. Can I sue my ex employer, they fired me days after my accident but call me back next day.
A: I agree with my colleagues. You may have workers' compensation, unemployment compensation and/or civil actions available to you. But, we do not have enough detail to determine whether you actually have any viable actions. As they suggested, you should consult with an attorney immediately to discuss your options.
Q. My doctor put me on permanent restrictions . Job is working me out of those restrictions what can I do.
A: You are asking for legal advice. This is a board where we answer general legal questions. You need to contact an attorney who is certified as a specialist in workers' compensation law, whether my firm or another of the fine attorneys on this board. You are at a critical juncture of your case and you need actual legal advice, which is far beyond the scope of this message board.
Q. Do workers comp payments come monthly or in a bigger amount all at once?
A: Workers' compensation payments in PA are supposed to be paid in the same fashion as the injured worker was paid while working (so, if an injured employee was paid every other week, that is how the workers' comp checks should be paid). A lump sum payment is usually seen only if there is a retroactive payment due or if there has been a settlement.
Q. Can I relocate to another state if I am still receiving payments and medical benefits from an injury dated 10/12/1998?
A: I agree with Mr. Jaffe. Every State has a different set of workers' compensation laws. How relocating under NY workers' compensation law would impact you would depend on that law. An attorney familiar only with PA workers' compensation law could not answer this question. I also agree with Mr. Jaffe, that (under PA workers' compensation law) many of my clients have relocated out of PA and had no difficulty (aside from, as he notes, some challenges with medical treatment).
Q. on workers comp in pa . i want to jobs .what do i need to know
A: I agree with Mr. Jaffe. Prior to making a decision on returning to the labor market, it would be wise for an injured worker to consult with both their medical and legal professionals, to make sure the best decision is made. If an injured worker does not have an attorney, then this would be an excellent time to get one!
Q. if I accept $ from workers comp for facial scar, can I get a lawyer later on and sue employers insurance?
A: Generally, no. Once an issue is decided by law, it cannot be challenged again. This is called "collateral estoppel" or "issue preclusion." So, if you get an award for your facial disfigurement, and it is not appealed, then that determination will be final. However, if you have any disability from the injury, you may still be able to receive those benefits (since that would be a different issue).
Q. As a delivery driver, I was robbed at gunpoint. Do I qualify for workmans comp?
A: You need to contact an experienced attorney, especially one certified as a specialist in PA workers' compensation law (as both attorneys with my firm are). It is (unfortunately) common for these types of cases to be denied by the insurance carrier, and force litigation. We have handled cases like this in the past and would be happy to help you. Basically, if a doctor feels that you have suffered a mental injury from the incident (assuming there was no physical injury), we can win if we prove the incident was an "abnormal working condition." Feel free to contact my office, or another qualified attorney, but do not delay!
Q. Is sever asthma cover by worker's compensation?
A: Yes, if a doctor says that the condition you have is related to the exposure at work, workers' comp would be responsible for treatment related (this would be known as an "aggravation of a pre-existing condition"). If you are out of work more than seven days as a result of this aggravation, you may also be entitled to wage loss benefits.
Click here to see all answers
Social Media
Contact & Map
Brilliant & Neiman, LLC
Philadelphia & Surrounding Areas
260 W Street Rd
Warminster, PA 18974
Telephone: (215) 638-7500
Fax: (267) 803-6298
Brilliant & Neiman, LLC
Lehigh Valley
609 Hamilton Mall
Allentown, PA 18101
Telephone: (610) 740-1002
Fax: (267) 803-6298
Brilliant & Neiman, LLC
5 Neshaminy Interplex Dr
Trevose, PA 19053
Telephone: (215) 638-7500
Fax: (267) 803-6298