(347) 907-1248
Offers Video Conferencing
Tap to Call This Lawyer
Ghenadie Rusu

Ghenadie Rusu Justia Connect Pro Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›

Law Office of Ghenadie Rusu
  • Immigration Law, Family Law, Divorce ...
  • New York
Review This Lawyer
Lawyer Rating and Reviews
Legal Knowledge
Legal Analysis
Communication Skills
Ethics and Professionalism
Emily Isabel Fuentes
Emily Isabel Fuentes January 31, 2024
Rating: 10 Lawyer Rating - 10 out of 10
I believe Mr. Rusu is one of the best attorneys I have ever worked with. His dedication and work ethic is admirable.
Client Reviews
E. Cuebas January 5, 2024
reliable, responsible and excellent Lawyer Ghenadie Rusu is a great , smart , diligent and truthfully lawyer, he works in excellence on behalf of his clients with extreme responsibility in his cases. recommended 1000x1000 . I trust his work and my case and my family was approved so f ast.
Claimed Lawyer ProfileOffers Video ConferencingQ&ALII GoldSocial Media

As a distinguished attorney focusing on Immigration and Family Law, I have cultivated a distinctive and impactful career, providing services that span various languages and cultures. With fluency in Spanish, Russian, Romanian, and French, my linguistic skills, coupled with my empathy as a counselor and determination as an advocate, have allowed me to make remarkable advancements in the legal field within a short period of time.

Practice Areas
Immigration Law
Asylum, Citizenship, Deportation Defense, Family Visas, Green Cards, Immigration Appeals, Investment Visas, Marriage & Fiancé(e) Visas, Student Visas, Visitor Visas, Work Visas
Family Law
Adoption, Child Custody, Child Support, Father's Rights, Guardianship & Conservatorship, Paternity, Prenups & Marital Agreements, Restraining Orders, Same Sex Family Law
Collaborative Law, Contested Divorce, Military Divorce, Property Division, Same Sex Divorce, Spousal Support & Alimony, Uncontested Divorce
Domestic Violence
Domestic Violence Criminal Defense, Domestic Violence Restraining Orders, Victims Rights
Video Conferencing
  • Zoom
  • WebEx
  • Rates, Retainers and Additional Information
    Contact for details.
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
New York
New York State Office of Court Administration
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
  • English: Spoken, Written
  • French: Spoken, Written
  • Romanian: Spoken, Written
  • Russian: Spoken, Written
  • Spanish: Spoken, Written
Professional Experience
Law Office of Ghenadie Rusu
- Current
Benjamin N. Cardozo School of Law
Benjamin N. Cardozo School of Law Logo
Client's Choice Award
Elite Lawyer - Immigration
Elite Lawyers
Professional Associations
State Bar of New York
- Current
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Websites & Blogs
Law Office of Ghenadie Rusu
Legal Answers
20 Questions Answered
Q. Does my 18-year old child need to file form i-360, in order to submit her adjustment of status package (1-485 & i-765)?
A: The USCIS allow for the children of a principal applicant filing under VAWA to be included as derivative beneficiaries if they are unmarried and under 21 years of age. Therefore, your 18-year-old child can be included on your I-360 petition as a derivative beneficiary. No additional I-360 on his behalf is necessary. You could file an I-360 for you son if your son has also been a victim of abuse by your U.S. Citizen spouse, he may be eligible to file his own I-360 petition as a self-petitioner, separate from yours, but since he qualifies under you petition, this is unnecessary.
Q. My nephew over stayed his ESTA visa by 8yrs. He is now 16yo, i want to adopt him. He’s been living with me for 4 years,
A: I recommend consulting with an immigration attorney to determine if your nephew qualifies for Special Immigrant Juvenile Status (SIJS). This status provides a pathway to legal residency in the United States for children who have been abandoned, abused, or neglected by one or both parents.

For more detailed information on SIJS and its requirements, please refer to my article on the topic; https://rusulaw.com/how-to-apply-for-sijs/

It outlines the process and criteria for obtaining legal status under SIJS, which might be applicable to your nephew's situation.
Q. I'm an American Citizen and had 2 kids in a foreign country. My oldest was approved for a CRBA but my youngest was not.
A: Could you provide more detailed insights into the reasons for our CRBA application's denial? It's understood that the Department of State would have issued a written explanation detailing the grounds for their decision. This information is crucial as it may highlight the possibility of refiling the application or seeking a review or reconsideration of the decision. Additionally, it's worth considering that filing a Form I-130, Petition for Alien Relative, might present an alternative pathway for resolving this matter.
View More Answers
Contact & Map
Law Office of Ghenadie Rusu PLLC
140 Broadway 46th 4615
New York, NY 10005
Telephone: (347) 907-1248
Monday: 9 AM - 6 PM
Tuesday: 9 AM - 6 PM
Wednesday: 9 AM - 6 PM
Thursday: 9 AM - 6 PM
Friday: 9 AM - 6 PM
Saturday: 9 AM - 3 PM (Today)
Sunday: Closed
Toggle tool

There are no recently viewed profiles.

There are no saved profiles.

There are no profiles to compare.