Attorney Gerard Carney was admitted to the Massachusetts Bar and the United States District Court for the District of Massachusetts in 1980. He was also admitted to the United States Supreme Court in 1984. He is a magna cum laude graduate of Boston College and Suffolk University Law School. He is a member of the Massachusetts Academy of Trial Attorneys (MATA), the Massachusetts Bar Association (MBA), the National Football League Players Association (NFLPA) Workers' Compensation Panel and the American Association for Justice (AAJ).
Gerard Carney is the founder of Carney Law Firm and has dedicated his entire career to the representation of injured workers and their families. Attorney Carney is widely recognized in the legal community as an authority in the field of Massachusetts workers' compensation law on both a local and national level. For over 30 years, Attorney Carney's law practice has focused on the representation of union building tradesmen and tradeswomen who have been injured in the course of their employment. Attorney Carney also represents professional athletes in injury claims and has been an active member of the National Football League Players Association (NFLPA) Workers' Compensation panel for more than twenty years.
Attorney Gerard Carney has served as chair of the Worker's Compensation Committee of the Massachusetts Academy of Trial Attorney and also served on MATA's Legislative Committee. Attorney Carney has lectured at various workers' compensation continuing legal education seminars. Attorney Carney has also testified before the Massachusetts Legislature on workers' compensation reform, advocating for fair and reasonable increases in workers' compensation benefits for injured workers and their families. Attorney Carney is a frequent lecturer to local building trade unions and other Massachusetts unions on the subject of workers' compensation law.
- Personal Injury
- Social Security Disability
- Workers' Compensation
- Free Consultation
- Contingent Fees
Personal injury and workers' compensation cases handled on a contingency fee basis.
- 1st Circuit
- U.S. District Court, District of Massachusetts
- U.S. District Court, District of Rhode Island
- U.S. Supreme Court
- Carney Law Firm
- Suffolk University Law School
- J.D. (1980)
- Boston College
- B.S. (1971)
- Honors: magna cum laude
- Massachusetts Academy of Trial Attorneys
- Massachusetts Bar Association
- National Football League Players Association (NFLPA) Workers' Compensation Panel
- American Association for Justice
- Massachusetts State Bar
- - Current
- Gerard B. Carney's Website Profile
- Carney Law Firm Website
- Boston Workers Compensation Lawyer Blog
- Carney Law Firm’s Jeremy Carroll and Brendan Carney win $684,500.00 jury verdict in Middlesex County Construction Site Injury Trial
29 July 2019
- Massachusetts Workers’ Compensation -Do’s and Don’ts for Injured Workers
11 February 2019
- Workers killed when trench at home renovation collapses, floods
3 January 2019
- Why the Reggie Bush Verdict Will Improve Working Conditions for All Pro Athletes
13 June 2018
- Can my Attorney Force the Insurance Company to Settle my Massachusetts Workers’ Compensation Claim?
8 March 2018
- How Do I Know If I Have a Massachusetts Personal Injury Case?
22 February 2018
- Governor Baker’s Opioid Bill contains Provision affecting Workers’ Compensation benefits
30 January 2018
- Getting Your Medical Treatment Paid Through Massachusetts Workers’ Compensation
29 June 2017
- AM I ALLOWED TO “SUE” IF I AM INJURED AT WORK?
15 May 2017