Gerald ChefaloThe Proven Fighter!
- DUI & DWI, Family Law, Bankruptcy ...
Upon Graduation from Law School in 1997, Attorney Chefalo worked in Lansing Michigan for the 30 th Judicial Circuit Court as a law clerk for the Honorable Thomas L. Brown. While there, he researched complicated legal issues and drafted proposed opinions on all civil and criminal matter that came before the court. In 1999, Attorney Chefalo moved to Traverse City Michigan to work in private practice. When asked why he picked Traverse City, Attorney Chefalo stated: “if you are going to start a law office from scratch, you might as well do it in a beautiful place.” His goal was to open an office that could provide the highest quality legal services at prices that his clients could afford. Since that time he has become known as The Proven Fighter for his relentless defense of his client’s rights. He continues to handle criminal misdemeanors and felonies throughout Northern Michigan. He also has developed an expertise in Bankruptcy, Divorce, Custody, Civil Litigation and Estate Planning. Attorney Chefalo says that “I like to take cases that interest me and provided the most help to my clients.” As a young lawyer, Attorney Chefalo was tested by fire when he completed his first open murder trial in Antrim County, Michigan in April of 2002. He has also successfully defended numerous complicated criminal, civil and domestic cases in Antrim, Leelanau, Grand Traverse, Kalkaska, Charlevoix, Emmet, Benzie, and Manistee Counties. In an effort to become a more effective attorney, he completed the 40 hours of training to become a court approved domestic mediator. He is always eager to talk about changes in the law and his most recent battles in court. Traverse City Attorney Gerald F. Chefalo enjoys living in Northern Michigan. Especially the summer months where he spends his free time boating, fishing, hiking and playing golf with his family.
- DUI & DWI
- Family Law
- Adoption, Child Custody, Child Support, Father's Rights, Guardianship & Conservatorship, Paternity, Prenups & Marital Agreements, Restraining Orders, Same Sex Family Law
- Chapter 11 Bankruptcy, Chapter 13 Bankruptcy, Chapter 7 Bankruptcy, Debt Relief
- Criminal Law
- Criminal Appeals, Drug Crimes, Expungement, Fraud, Gun Crimes, Internet Crimes, Sex Crimes, Theft, Violent Crimes
- Collaborative Law, Contested Divorce, Military Divorce, Property Division, Same Sex Divorce, Spousal Support & Alimony, Uncontested Divorce
- Domestic Violence
- Domestic Violence Criminal Defense, Domestic Violence Restraining Orders, Victims Rights , Victims Rights
- Free Consultation
- Credit Cards Accepted
- Contingent Fees
- Western Michigan University Cooley Law School
- J.D. (1997) | Law
- Honors: Book Award in Defending Battered Women
- Michigan State University
- B.A. (1994) | Marketing
- Michigan State Bar  # 58024
- Law Office of Gerald Chefalo
There are no recently viewed profiles.
There are no saved profiles.
There are no profiles to compare.