George OliverThe Law Offices of Oliver & Cheek, PLLC
- Bankruptcy, Business Law, Appeals & Appellate
- North Carolina, North Carolina
Mr. Oliver received his undergraduate and law degrees from UNC-Chapel Hill. He is a board certified specialist in Business Bankruptcy Law, certified by the North Carolina State Bar and the American Board of Specialization. Mr. Oliver has received numerous awards including: AV Preeminent Lawyer from Martindale-Hubbell Peer Review Rating, 2013 Legal Elite’s “Young Guns Award in North Carolina”, 2009-2015 North Carolina “Super Lawyer” and 2009-2015 Business North Carolina’s “Legal Elite.” He was the Co-Managing Editor of the North Carolina Bankruptcy Practice Manual in 2006 and has served as a Chapter 7 Panel Trustee for the Bankruptcy Court since 2009. In 2012-2013, he was elected to the Board of the National Association of Bankruptcy Trustees (NABT) and served as Co-Editor of NABTalk. He is a frequent speaker at legal conferences on bankruptcy issues across the country and has authored several articles on bankruptcy issues for national publications.
Prior Legal Experience
Before joining Oliver Friesen Cheek, George was an associate with the New Bern office of Stubbs & Perdue, P.A., where he worked from 2001 to 2009. From 1999 to 2001, he was an associate with the Asheville firm of Elmore, Elmore & Williams.
Areas of Experience
Chapter 11 Bankruptcy
Workouts, Alternatives to Bankruptcy
State Court Receiverships
University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, JD, 1999, with honors
University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, BA Communications Studies, 1996
- Chapter 11 Bankruptcy, Chapter 13 Bankruptcy, Chapter 7 Bankruptcy, Debt Relief
- Business Law
- Business Contracts, Business Dissolution, Business Finance, Business Formation, Business Litigation, Franchising, Mergers & Acquisitions, Partnership & Shareholder Disputes
- Appeals & Appellate
- Civil Appeals, Federal Appeals
- Free Consultation
- Credit Cards Accepted
- North Carolina
- North Carolina
- 4th Circuit
- University of North Carolina School of Law
- J.D. (1999) | Law
- Activities: Law School Attorney General, Moot Court, Law Review
- University of North Carolina - Chapel Hill
- B.A. (1996) | Communications Studies
- Honors: Phi Beta Kappa
- Activities: Order of the Golden Fleece, Undergraduate Attorney General
- North Carolina State Bar
There are no recently viewed profiles.
There are no saved profiles.
There are no profiles to compare.