Gary D. Godman

Gary D. Godman

  • Immigration Law, Family Law, Traffic Tickets
  • Virginia
Review This Lawyer
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&A
Practice Areas
    Immigration Law
    Asylum, Citizenship, Deportation Defense, Family Visas, Green Cards, Immigration Appeals, Investment Visas, Marriage & Fiancé(e) Visas, Student Visas, Visitor Visas, Work Visas
    Family Law
    Adoption, Child Custody, Child Support, Father's Rights, Guardianship & Conservatorship, Paternity, Prenups & Marital Agreements, Restraining Orders, Same Sex Family Law
    Traffic Tickets
    Suspended License
  • Credit Cards Accepted
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
  • Spanish: Spoken, Written
College of William and Mary
J.D. (2013) | Law
College of William and Mary Logo
Professional Associations
American Immigration Lawyers Association
- Current
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Virginia State Bar  # 86058
- Current
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Websites & Blogs
Legal Answers
348 Questions Answered

Q. The 11 yo child I am supporting was born in VA, I lived in PA. Child is not mine after 11 yrs what can I do?
A: If a father finds out he is not, in fact, the father, in Virginia he can file a motion to disestablish paternity, which can allow for a DNA test. Unfortunately, there is not much to be done about the money that is already paid. That is why if you believe you aren't the father, you should file something quickly. You would be well served to speak with a family law attorney local to the area where the child lives.
Q. Q: I live in Va and will be getting married in Las Vegas soon. Will my income still be part of my fiancé child support?
A: Virginia does not include a new spouse's income in child support calculations. If the order is from another state, the answer may be different.
Q. custodial father moved without notifying court or mother and says mother abandoned child, is father in contempt?
A: Impossible to say without knowing if there is a current court order in effect and what it might say. Have an attorney review the order and give you possible options.
View More Answers
Contact & Map
Williams Stone Carpenter Buczek, PC
1303 Courthouse Road
Stafford, VA 22554
Telephone: (540) 657-0111
Fax: (540) 657-0444
Toggle tool

There are no recently viewed profiles.

There are no saved profiles.

There are no profiles to compare.