Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&A
- Immigration Law
- Family Law
- Traffic Tickets
- Credit Cards Accepted
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
- Spanish: Spoken, Written
- College of William and Mary
- J.D. / Law (2013)
- American Immigration Lawyers Association
- - Current
- Virginia State Bar # 86058
- - Current
304 Questions Answered
- Q. My god son's mother and I want joint custody of our son but his dad won't give us his address so he can be notified
- A: He can be served by a private process server, or he could be served by publication in a newspaper if the situation is appropriate for that. Talk to a local family law attorney for specific suggestions based on the full facts of your case.
- Q. RFE for joint sponsor tax documents for recent year. They haven't filed this year yet but we filed the papers before the
- A: Sounds like they want this year, which by now is already due to the IRS. If it's unclear, please speak to an immigration attorney to review your documents. You don't want to get the case denied for sending in the wrong paperwork.
- Q. I got a speeding ticket 76/55 in 2014 but the dmv says I have reckless on my record
- A: You may want to get a certified copy of the records from the court. If they show simple speeding (not reckless), you may be able to provide that to DMV to have them correct their records. Talk with a VA traffic attorney if you can't make any headway on your own.
- Q. my ex-has everyother weekend and for the summer he gets 2 16 day vacation does that mean he still gets everyother weeken
- A: Can't say without seeing the court order. Often it will contain language that says "summer visitation supersedes regular visitation" or "in addition to regular visitation, dad shall have 2 weeks in the summer." You may want to talk to a local family law attorney if it is unclear.
- Q. Is there a law for Virginia that dictates which parent has to do the driving to meet for visitation with joint custody?
- A: There is no default rule for who provides transportation. Absent a requirement in a custody/visitation order, this is something that would have to be decided between the parties.
- Q. If you are 13 and rape someone that is 13 also can you be charged?
- A: Absolutely, yes.
- Q. I ran a background history on myself and found a reckless driving ticket in absentia va from 2006? What should I do
- A: If you found a reckless driving conviction from 2006 in Virginia, it's likely there is nothing you can do at this point. If, for some reason, you believe you never received a ticket from this incident or there is a possibility of mistaken identity or identity theft, there is a slight possibility the charge could be overturned. One problem is that many courts destroy traffic records over 10 years old. Consider calling a traffic/criminal defense attorney in the county/city where it shows you have the conviction to see if there's something that can be done; however, the odds are looking pretty slim at this point.
- Q. My ticket has no case number and couldn't find it in the court website too. do i still need to attend my court hearing?
- A: You should go to court on the date and time you were summonsed. It is possible the ticket has not been processed into the system yet. If you do not appear, you will not be able to fight the ticket. If you show up and it is not called, then you can speak to the clerk to find out what is going on.
- Q. What can be done with the assets of a person with a TIN# income tax up to date (home, car, bank acc) before deportation
- A: A person in danger of removal/deportation can execute a power of attorney to allow another trusted person to manage his or her affairs if forced to leave the country. It is also possible to execute documents to provide for the care of children. This is a hot topic with immigration attorneys right now. Consider helping this person reach out to an immigration attorney who is licensed in Virginia in order to draft a power of attorney.
Contact & Map