Employment law, along with ensuring compliance with federal and state regulations, are two significant aspects of managing a workforce. They can cause an organization a lot of headache if not approached appropriately.
As a leader of an organization, it's important for you to have the right team on your side.
My services are designed to provide you with the support you need, when you need it, and to help you navigate the complexities of employment law.
I take a proactive approach which is focused on prevention designed to mitigating risk, establish and maintain compliance, and implement best practices.
I work with your organization in areas such as: compliance; performance management; discrimination, harassment, employee relations, and separations. By maintaining a proactive approach potential risk is identified and mitigated
I am a results oriented and highly effective employment law consultant with more than 40 years of experience handling complex workplace disputes through advice, counseling, mediation, negotiation, and training for private and public sector clients.
I have a demonstrated history of exercising sound judgment and discretion; working well under pressure; meeting deadlines; developing imaginative and innovative solutions to workplace problems; building consensus; strong interpersonal and negotiation skills; and, resolving highly sensitive, complex and/or unprecedented problems. I am able to learn, interpret, and apply policies and procedures independently; and possesses the ability to prioritize multiple tasks and complete detailed tasks to completion.
On a personal note, I have lived and worked in Sonoma County since 1971; have a strong sense of intellectual curiosity; enjoy conducting research on a broad range of topics; am a devoted life-long learner; am a vociferous reader; a cinema buff; and a “whole-food plant based” foodie.
- Employment Law
- Business Law
- Arbitration & Mediation
- Employment Law Consultant
- Free Consultation
Provided to prospective clients at his or her place of business.
- Rates, Retainers and Additional Information
My standard fee ranges between $200-$250 per hour, plus expenses. Proposed fee agreements are prepared after completion of an initial consultation.
- California State University - Sonoma State University
- M.A. | Master Degree in Humanistic Psychology.
- - present
- Completed course work. Decided to pursue a career in the law before completing my thesis.
- Empire College School of Law
- J.D. (1980) | Profession of Law
- Empire College School of Law is accredited by the State Bar of California and is located in Santa Rosa, California
- University of California - Irvine
- B.A. (1970) | History (United States and Asian)
- State Bar of California # 95093