Frank N. LagoBay Area Corporate Counsel
- Business Law, Tax Law
As an attorney dedicated to serving businesses and business owners, I provide counseling in a wide variety of matters which businesses and their owners face: from reviewing contracts and drafting agreements to regulatory compliance, mergers & acquisitions (representing buyers and sellers), employment law (e.g. handbooks, EEOC representation), intellectual property (e.g. copyright, trademark, trade secret), tax (e.g. federal, state, local), and international trade (e.g. China, Israel, Hong Kong, Bermuda, etc.).
As your outsourced general counsel, I help solve your business problems, a few recent matters having been:
A) Work Representing Sellers
1. Helping a business owner sell his multi-million dollar electrical services business.
2. Counseling a business owner through selling his Painting with a Twist Franchise.
3. Representing a business owner sell his custom drilling rig.
B) Work for Buyers
1. Represented a Buyer in a Stock Purchase of an automotive company.
2. Assisted one member purchase the membership interest of another.
C) Tax Exempt Work
1. Establishing a 501(c)(3) for equine therapy.
2. Counseling a business in creation of a Private Operating Foundation.
D) Establishing limited liability companies, corporations, and partnerships in Florida, Delaware, Nevada and Georgia.
E) Compliance Work
1. Assisting a jeweler with their Bank Secrecy Act, Anti-Money Laundering (AML) program and independent auditing.
2. Helping taxpayers become compliant after not filing tax returns for several years.
3. Wrote an employee handbook focusing on defenses to EEOC claims.
4. Represented taxpayer in defending an innocent spouse claim.
F) Controversy Work
1. Representing a business owner in a small claims court mediation.
2. Advised insurance companies to prevent former employees taking clients and employees.
- Business Law
- Business Contracts, Business Dissolution, Business Finance, Business Formation, Business Litigation, Franchising, Mergers & Acquisitions, Partnership & Shareholder Disputes
- Tax Law
- Business Taxes, Criminal Tax Litigation, Estate Tax Planning, Income Taxes, International Taxes, Payroll Taxes, Property Taxes, Sales Taxes, Tax Appeals, Tax Audits, Tax Planning
- Free Consultation
- Credit Cards Accepted
- Principal Attorney/Owner
- Bay Area Corporate Counsel
- - Current
- Walk Law Firm, PA
- - Current
- Adjunct Professor
- University of South Florida
- Revenue Officer
- Internal Revenue Service
- Soldier, Human Intelligence Platoon Sergeant, Interrogation Team Leader
- United States Army
- Georgetown University Law Center
- LL.M. (2015) | Taxation
- Stetson University College of Law
- J.D. (2014) | Law
- State University of New York - Empire State College
- Cochise College
- Florida Bar, Tax Section
- American Bar Association, Taxation section
- The Florida Bar
- Business Owners Tax Tips and Strategies Your CPA Isn’t Telling You About (Part 1).
- Tampa Business Lawyer Blog
- Business Incorporations, Ask an Expert
- Business Law, Going into Business
There are no recently viewed profiles.
There are no saved profiles.
There are no profiles to compare.