Franchesco Donovan Fickey Martinez

Franchesco Donovan Fickey Martinez

  • Immigration Law
  • North Carolina
Review This Lawyer
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&ASocial Media

Franchesco Fickey Martinez was born and raised in Eastern North Carolina, specifically Onslow County and its Surrounding Areas. After attending undergraduate school, graduate school, and law school, he wanted to return to his community and start his own practice. In 2015, Mr. Fickey Martinez opened his own practice, calling it Fickey Martinez Law Firm, P.L.L.C. Mr. Fickey Martinez strives to have his law firm be innovative and business oriented. To meet that end, Mr. Fickey Martinez believes that a law firm should be reasonably prices, mostly flat-fee based, and have a high regard for client-lawyer communication. Fickey Martinez Law Firm operates in a very transparent way. At this firm, clients are given an encrypted account with bank level security through the law firm's website. This online account shows (1) real-time billing, (2) to-the-minute activity in one's case, and (3) the client and lawyer are able to securely message and email within the law firm's system. If the internet is not a client's preference, Mr. Fickey Martinez is glad to answer phone calls and see walk-ins. The legal profession is one of service to another, and Mr. Fickey Martinez is happy to serve others.

Practice Area
    Immigration Law
    Asylum, Citizenship, Deportation Defense, Family Visas, Green Cards, Immigration Appeals, Investment Visas, Marriage & Fiancé(e) Visas, Student Visas, Visitor Visas, Work Visas
  • Credit Cards Accepted
    Accepting: Visa, MasterCard, Discover.
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
North Carolina
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
  • English: Spoken, Written
  • Spanish: Written
University of Dayton School of Law
J.D. (2015) | Law
Activities: Law Review Staff Writer & Deans Fellow
University of Dayton School of Law Logo
University of North Carolina - Wilmington
Post-Graduate Certificate (2013) | Conflict Management and Resolution
Placeholder image for education.
Campbell University
B.S. (2011) | Social Studies
Honors: Graduated Cum Laude
Campbell University Logo
Campbell University
B.A. (2011) | Spanish
Honors: Graduated Cum Laude
Campbell University Logo
Professional Associations
American Immigration Lawyers Association  # 39497
- Current
Placeholder image for professional associations.
North Carolina Bar Association  # 527129
- Current
Placeholder image for professional associations.
American Bar Association  # 02506341
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Legal Answers
16 Questions Answered
Q. can a j2 visa holder here with his mom get married to a citizen?
A: Hello Sir or Ma'am, J1 and J2 Visa Holders may have the 2 Year Home Residency Requirement, that would prevent the ability to get a Green Card, unless the requirement/restriction is waived. The Visa Restriction should be looked into first, and if it exists on the J1/J2 Visa, this usually affects "timing and plans." Crimes may or may not affect a Green Card Filing, it depends on the specifics surrounding the crime. Regardless of the dismissal, a copy of the police, court, and prison records are 100% required to be provided to the US Government in the Immigration Filing. Marriage is possible between a US Citizen and a Foreign National. Just comply with the state's marriage requirements. Respectfully.
Q. I live in North Carolina and wanted to know if my parents can become citizens of the US, if i am enlisted NationalGaurd
A: Hello Sir or Ma'am, You would have to speak with an Immigration Attorney to fully assess your parent's options, whether immigration violations could cause some complications, and to determine whether there is a risk of deportation. I do not know the status of your parents. If they are Lawful Permanent Residents, then "citizenship" may be possible. If they have "no lawful status," then they may be able to apply for "lawful permanent residence" (aka green card). Being a service member does provide another filing option for your parents. However, you should have a meeting with an Immigration Attorney regarding your parents' filing options. Respectfully.
Q. my husbands mom is trying to get there citizenship but the lawyer said he needs our tax papers in order. Is this normal?
A: Hello Sir or Ma'am, I do not know if "citizenship" means Naturalization or Lawful Permanent Residence. It is a common confusion in my office with prospective clients. So, I will provide an answer for both possibilities. Tax Documents are normal requirements for Naturalization and for Lawful Permanent Residence (aka Green Card) Filing. In Naturalization, the applying immigrant may add tax documents to show residence in the United States and the fact that taxes had been paid. In a Green Card Filing, a petitioner, household member, and co-sponsor would need to provide tax documents to prove sufficient annual income to sponsor the immigrant. Respectfully.
View More Answers
Contact & Map
Fickey Martinez Law Firm, P.L.L.C.
824 Gum Branch Rd.
Suite A
Jacksonville, NC 28540
Telephone: (910) 526-0066
Toggle tool

There are no recently viewed profiles.

There are no saved profiles.

There are no profiles to compare.