Free Consultation: (580) 219-5700Tap to Call This Lawyer
Profile Image Placeholder

Evan Humphreys

Giving power back to those who need it most.
  • Family Law, Appeals & Appellate, Civil Rights ...
  • Oklahoma
Review This Lawyer
Claimed Lawyer ProfileOffers Video ConferencingQ&ASocial Media

Evan Humphreys was born and raised in Tulsa, Oklahoma. He graduated from Atlanta, Georgia's Emory University School of Law in 2016. At Emory, he was a managing editor at one of the school's law journals and was a volunteer at the veteran's clinic. In 2017, he moved to Guymon, Oklahoma to work for a statewide non-profit law firm. For five years, he represented hard-working people who couldn't afford an attorney in family law, consumer protection, tenants' rights, and victims' rights cases. He is now a solo practitioner in Guymon representing clients in family law, appellate, and civil litigation cases.

Practice Areas
    Family Law
    Adoption, Child Custody, Child Support, Guardianship & Conservatorship, Paternity, Prenups & Marital Agreements, Restraining Orders, Same Sex Family Law
    Appeals & Appellate
    Civil Appeals, Federal Appeals
    Civil Rights
    Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), Discrimination, Employment, Fair Housing, Police Misconduct, Privacy Law
    Consumer Law
    Class Action, Lemon Law
    Collaborative Law, Contested Divorce, Military Divorce, Property Division, Same Sex Divorce, Spousal Support & Alimony, Uncontested Divorce
    Domestic Violence
    Domestic Violence Restraining Orders, Victims Rights
    Foreclosure Defense
    Landlord Tenant
    Evictions, Housing Discrimination, Landlord Rights, Rent Control, Tenants' Rights
    Personal Injury
    Animal & Dog Bites, Brain Injury, Car Accidents, Construction Accidents, Motorcycle Accidents, Premises Liability, Truck Accidents, Wrongful Death
Video Conferencing
  • Google Meet
  • Zoom
  • Free Consultation
  • Credit Cards Accepted
  • Contingent Fees
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
Oklahoma Bar Association
ID Number: 33008
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
  • English: Spoken, Written
Professional Experience
Law Office of Evan Humphreys, PLLC
- Current
Legal Aid Services of Oklahoma
Emory University School of Law
Emory University School of Law Logo
Professional Associations
Oklahoma Bar Association  # 33008
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Websites & Blogs
Legal Answers
7 Questions Answered
Q. What is the proper procedure for changing my last name to something different after divorce?
A: The law allows you to go back to any former name when the divorce is granted. So if you have a previous married name, you can return to that name. If you have no former name other than your maiden name, you can still change your name to anything by filing a name change case. Basically, you say under oath that you aren’t changing your name for an illegal or fraudulent purpose and you publish notice of the name change in the newspaper. You can find a name change form with instructions here:
Q. On the divorce decree it states my ex can claim our daughter until no longer eligible. (Very loose language) however,
A: It really depends on the wording of your decree. The IRS has its own rules about which parent can claim the children on their taxes and they often don't care what a decree says. However, and this is very important, a divorce decree is an enforceable court order and disobeying it can put you in contempt of court. That can mean monetary sanctions and, in some cases, jail time. The best thing you can do is talk to an attorney in your area and at least get some advice on what to do. They may be able to help you modify the decree, so you can claim your daughter in the future. But get a licensed attorney to review the language and advise you before you do anything else.
Q. If I am a victim of domestic abuse and have been subpoenaed can I plead the 5th when asked to testify?
A: If you are asked a question and you believe the answer would implicate you in a crime, you can plead the Fifth. Unfortunately, however, victims of domestic abuse have no blanket right to refuse to answer questions when they have been subpoenaed. The Oklahoma Constitution and the Oklahoma Victim's Rights Act both give crime victims other rights, such as the right to be kept informed about the status of the criminal defendant's case and the right to refuse an interview request made by the criminal defendant or their attorney (but the victim cannot refuse to appear when they have been subpoenaed. You can find a list of your rights here: Constitution: Statute: Your local domestic violence center can be a good resource to learn about your rights. You can find centers here:
View More Answers
Contact & Map
114 NE 5th St.
Guymon, OK 73942
Telephone: (580) 219-5700
Toggle tool

There are no recently viewed profiles.

There are no saved profiles.

There are no profiles to compare.