I am a Personal Injury Attorney, a Workers' Compensation Lawyer and a Criminal Defense Counselor. Over the course of 20 plus years, I have handled thousands of cases involving accidental injury including hundreds of car accident cases in which my clients have sustained serious personal injury, incurred huge medical bills and lost wages, and were caused to suffer from pain and endure mental anguish. I proudly handle cases throughout Maryland, focusing in Baltimore, Baltimore County, Towson, Essex, Dundalk, Middle River, Parkville, Owings Mills, Randalstown, Pikesville, Ellicot, Anne Arundel County, Glen Burnie, Annapolis, Howard County, or Columbia, Ellicot CIty, Maryland. I've secured millions of dollars in compensation for victims of the negligence. I've helped hundreds of injured workers and obtained benefits to which they were rightfully entitled, but wrongfully denied. I've defended hundreds of people accused of crimes. I've tried hundreds of cases. I'd suggest that you let me put this background and experience to work on your case. Why should you hire me? I'd offer two simple reasons why I believe someone should choose me over another lawyer: My experience and My Reduced Fee Program. I've detailed my background above. I also offer my Maryland personal injury clients a reduced fee program that features an attorney fee lower than that commonly charged by personal injury attorneys in this area. I have always believed that every accident and injury victim should have access to the services of a dedicated advocate at a fair rate. My reduced fee program gives my clients the ability to keep a greater percentage of their overall award in their pocket.
- Personal Injury
- Criminal Law
- Workers' Compensation
- Free Consultation
- Contingent Fees
I adamantly believe every injury victim should have access to diligent, effective representation in their quest to achieve fair compensation. I am also committed to providing that representation at a fair rate. Please feel free to contact me directly if you have any questions about my reduced fee program. Many lawyers handle personal injury matters under what is known as a contingency fee arrangement. The "contingency" aspect means that something must occur for a fee to be earned by the attorney- specifically, a financial recovery. Usually, the lawyer will advance the costs of litigation, and, if there is a financial recovery, the lawyer will retain a percentage of that recovery as his or her fee. However, if there is no recovery obtained by the lawyer, there is no fee -and generally, no litigation costs- charged to the client. This allows the victim of negligence, who may be out of work, or disabled because of the accident, to hire an attorney to pursue the claim without having to pay a sizeable retainer or high hourly fees up-front. "Under my Reduced Fee Program, your fee percentage is always limited." Practices vary from lawyer to lawyer and jurisdiction to jurisdiction. In Maryland, a common contingency fee arrangement calls for the lawyer to retain 33.3 % of the amount recovered in the case as a fee, and, under some agreements, lawyers may retain 40% of the amount recovered as a fee if a lawsuit is filed, and the claim is litigated. Under my reduced fee reduced fee program, attorney's fees are always limited to 30% on a presuit recovery, and 35% if the case goes to litigation.
- New York
- Albany Law School
- Law (1993)
- Honors: Juris doctor, cum laude. Justinian Society
- Maryland Bar Association
- - Current
- Baltimore City Bar Association
- - Current
- Florida State Bar # 98566
- - Current
- Baltimore Personal Injury Attorney
- MARYLAND CAR ACCIDENT LAWYER
- MARYLAND CAR ACCIDENT LAWYER Collision coverage
18 January 2013
- MARYLAND CAR ACCIDENT LAWYER Other sources of recovery
13 December 2012
- MARYLAND CAR ACCIDENT LAWYER The Funeral Procession
6 December 2012
- MARYLAND CAR ACCIDENT LAWYER I was in a car accident at work. Do I have a claim.
29 November 2012
- MARYLAND CAR ACCIDENT LAWYER I was in a car accident at work.
16 November 2012
- MARYLAND CAR ACCIDENT LAWYER What is Whiplash?
9 November 2012
- MARYLAND CAR ACCIDENT LAWYER Do I have to have insurance?
31 October 2012
- MARYLAND CAR ACCIDENT LAWYER What type of accident is most likely?
16 October 2012
- MARYLAND CAR ACCIDENT LAWYER The role of the insurance company. Just what are the premiums?
9 October 2012
- BALTIMORE INJURY LAWYER
- WHAT IS THE VALUE OF MY PERSONAL INJURY CASE IN BALTIMORE MD? Criminal Injuries Compensation Board
14 December 2012
- WHAT IS THE VALUE OF MY PERSONAL INJURY CASE IN BALTIMORE MD? The delayed claim, redux.
7 December 2012
- WHAT IS THE VALUE OF MY BALTIMORE PERSONAL INJURY CASE? The worker’s compensation lien.
21 November 2012
- WHAT IS THE VALUE OF MY BALTIMORE PERSONAL INJURY CASE? I got hurt at work. Am I limited to worker’s compensation?
15 November 2012
- WHAT IS THE VALUE OF MY PERSONAL INJURY CASE IN BALTIMORE, MD? The ceiling collapse case.
1 November 2012
- MARYLAND CAR ACCIDENT LAWYER How much is awarded in a Baltimore MD wrongful death case?
23 October 2012
- MARYLAND CAR ACCIDENT LAWYER The role of the insurance company. You’ve got to be kidding me.
3 October 2012
- MARYLAND CAR ACCIDENT LAWYER The role of the insurance company. They don’t think the way you do.
25 September 2012
- MARYLAND CAR ACCIDENT LAWYER The role of the insurance company - "You're in Good Hands"
7 September 2012
- BALTIMORE PERSONAL INJURY LAWYER
What is Statute of limitations for Maryland Personal Injury Cases? How Long do I Have to File a Lawsuit? A Maryland Personal Injury Attorney Talks About the Statute of Limitations. For more visit: http://www.thekirklawfirm.comWhat is My Personal Injury Case Worth: Does It Matter Where the Trial Is?What is My Personal Injury Case Worth? How are Lost Wages Determined?
A vital role of a personal injury attorney is to accurately assess the value of a case. Vist http://www.thekirklawfirm.com/ for information about the factors considered in appropriately valuing a Baltimore, Maryland personal injury claim.What Is The Value of my Personal Injury Case?
A vital role of a personal injury attorney is to accurately assess the value of a case. Vist http://www.thekirklawfirm.com/ for information about the factors considered in appropriately valuing a Baltimore, Maryland personal injury claim.How Much is Your Personal Injury Case Worth: Do Medical Expenses Matter?
A vital role of a personal injury attorney is to accurately assess the value of a case. Vist http://www.thekirklawfirm.com/ for information about the factors considered in appropriately valuing a Baltimore,...
- Q. How would I pay medical bills while an injury lawsuit is pending?
- A: Many experienced personal injury attorneys are able to forestall collection efforts. Your attorney should be able to get the medical providers to put the collection in abeyance until your case is resolved. If you don't have an attorney you should consult with one promptly.
- Q. HI, Does the statute of limitations regarding auto accidents apply to the state in which the accident occurred?
- A: If you sue in MD, you get the benefit of the 3 year SOL. If you chose to sue in PA, it is possible the 2 year SOL would apply, but there may be a conflict of law analysis that could lead to the MD statue applying. The later issue is a complex one, and you should discuss this with a seasoned attorney.
- Q. A driver side-swiped me and I'm trying to get him to pay my medical bills but he's claiming it wasn't his fault because
- A: If he's successful in the defense, you may have a claim. It would be important to preserve the tires so that you can have them examined by an appropriate expert to prove an defect. You should likely promptly consult with an experienced personal injury attorney.
- Q. How does Maryland handle car accidents where two cars collide but it was primarily the fault of a third car that got
- A: Unfortunately, Maryland is one of 5 [at last count] states that adheres to the common law's concepts of contributory negligence. Under this scheme, the comparative fault of the involved drivers is not weighed in comparison to one another. Under a a contributory negligence framework, you either caused or contributed to an accident, or you did not. If you contributed in even the slightest fashion, you are barred from recovery for any resulting damages. You may wish to promptly consult with an experienced personal injury attorney.
- Q. Is there any legal recourse if the driver who hit your car is uninsured?
- A: Your recourse here is to look to the uninsured/underinsured coverage on your own auto policy. Such coverage is mandatory in MD, unless you affirmatively waive it. You should consult with an experienced personal injury lawyer to assist you in prosecuting such a claim.
- Q. My sister was sentenced to 25 months in connecticut and wants to know when is the earliest she is eligible for parole
- A: You be best served by asking a lawyer in Connecticut that question.
- Q. How many years will my friend most likely serve in prison?
- A: These are obviously serious charges. If your friend has been charged as an adult, he faces in excess of 25 years in prison. Because of the number of charges, possible sentences may be impossible to predict at this point. He, or his family should immediately seek a consultation with an experienced criminal defense attorney.
- Q. What happens if insurance company wont open a claim with a tpd order , ppd order, and penalties filed for 40% with com?
- A: It does not appear that you are represented by counsel. The the fact that you are at this stage, with the various orders you indicated, but without any worker's compensation benefits to show for it, suggests to me that perhaps it is time to change that plan of action. Many WC lawyers offer free consultations. I would strongly urge to to arrange on or more to discuss these issues. Best of luck.
- Q. How can I see discovery in a plea case?
- A: If you had an attorney, you could ask the see the file. You could file an Maryland Public Information Act request, and see what the government says in response.