I am a Personal Injury Attorney, a Workers' Compensation Lawyer and a Criminal Defense Counselor. Over the course of 20 plus years, I have handled thousands of cases involving accidental injury including hundreds of car accident cases in which my clients have sustained serious personal injury, incurred huge medical bills and lost wages, and were caused to suffer from pain and endure mental anguish. I proudly handle cases throughout Maryland, focusing in Baltimore, Baltimore County, Towson, Essex, Dundalk, Middle River, Parkville, Owings Mills, Randalstown, Pikesville, Ellicot, Anne Arundel County, Glen Burnie, Annapolis, Howard County, or Columbia, Ellicot CIty, Maryland. I've secured millions of dollars in compensation for victims of the negligence. I've helped hundreds of injured workers and obtained benefits to which they were rightfully entitled, but wrongfully denied. I've defended hundreds of people accused of crimes. I've tried hundreds of cases. I'd suggest that you let me put this background and experience to work on your case. Why should you hire me? I'd offer two simple reasons why I believe someone should choose me over another lawyer: My experience and My Reduced Fee Program. I've detailed my background above. I also offer my Maryland personal injury clients a reduced fee program that features an attorney fee lower than that commonly charged by personal injury attorneys in this area. I have always believed that every accident and injury victim should have access to the services of a dedicated advocate at a fair rate. My reduced fee program gives my clients the ability to keep a greater percentage of their overall award in their pocket.
- Personal Injury
- Criminal Law
- Workers' Compensation
- Free Consultation
- Contingent Fees
I adamantly believe every injury victim should have access to diligent, effective representation in their quest to achieve fair compensation. I am also committed to providing that representation at a fair rate. Please feel free to contact me directly if you have any questions about my reduced fee program. Many lawyers handle personal injury matters under what is known as a contingency fee arrangement. The "contingency" aspect means that something must occur for a fee to be earned by the attorney- specifically, a financial recovery. Usually, the lawyer will advance the costs of litigation, and, if there is a financial recovery, the lawyer will retain a percentage of that recovery as his or her fee. However, if there is no recovery obtained by the lawyer, there is no fee -and generally, no litigation costs- charged to the client. This allows the victim of negligence, who may be out of work, or disabled because of the accident, to hire an attorney to pursue the claim without having to pay a sizeable retainer or high hourly fees up-front. "Under my Reduced Fee Program, your fee percentage is always limited." Practices vary from lawyer to lawyer and jurisdiction to jurisdiction. In Maryland, a common contingency fee arrangement calls for the lawyer to retain 33.3 % of the amount recovered in the case as a fee, and, under some agreements, lawyers may retain 40% of the amount recovered as a fee if a lawsuit is filed, and the claim is litigated. Under my reduced fee reduced fee program, attorney's fees are always limited to 30% on a presuit recovery, and 35% if the case goes to litigation.
- New York
- Albany Law School
- Law (1993)
- Honors: Juris doctor, cum laude. Justinian Society
- Maryland Bar Association
- - Current
- Baltimore City Bar Association
- - Current
- Florida State Bar # 98566
- - Current
- Baltimore Personal Injury Attorney
- MARYLAND CAR ACCIDENT LAWYER
- MARYLAND CAR ACCIDENT LAWYER Collision coverage
18 January 2013
- MARYLAND CAR ACCIDENT LAWYER Other sources of recovery
13 December 2012
- MARYLAND CAR ACCIDENT LAWYER The Funeral Procession
6 December 2012
- MARYLAND CAR ACCIDENT LAWYER I was in a car accident at work. Do I have a claim.
29 November 2012
- MARYLAND CAR ACCIDENT LAWYER I was in a car accident at work.
16 November 2012
- MARYLAND CAR ACCIDENT LAWYER What is Whiplash?
9 November 2012
- MARYLAND CAR ACCIDENT LAWYER Do I have to have insurance?
31 October 2012
- MARYLAND CAR ACCIDENT LAWYER What type of accident is most likely?
16 October 2012
- MARYLAND CAR ACCIDENT LAWYER The role of the insurance company. Just what are the premiums?
9 October 2012
- BALTIMORE INJURY LAWYER
- WHAT IS THE VALUE OF MY PERSONAL INJURY CASE IN BALTIMORE MD? Criminal Injuries Compensation Board
14 December 2012
- WHAT IS THE VALUE OF MY PERSONAL INJURY CASE IN BALTIMORE MD? The delayed claim, redux.
7 December 2012
- WHAT IS THE VALUE OF MY BALTIMORE PERSONAL INJURY CASE? The worker’s compensation lien.
21 November 2012
- WHAT IS THE VALUE OF MY BALTIMORE PERSONAL INJURY CASE? I got hurt at work. Am I limited to worker’s compensation?
15 November 2012
- WHAT IS THE VALUE OF MY PERSONAL INJURY CASE IN BALTIMORE, MD? The ceiling collapse case.
1 November 2012
- MARYLAND CAR ACCIDENT LAWYER How much is awarded in a Baltimore MD wrongful death case?
23 October 2012
- MARYLAND CAR ACCIDENT LAWYER The role of the insurance company. You’ve got to be kidding me.
3 October 2012
- MARYLAND CAR ACCIDENT LAWYER The role of the insurance company. They don’t think the way you do.
25 September 2012
- MARYLAND CAR ACCIDENT LAWYER The role of the insurance company - "You're in Good Hands"
7 September 2012
- BALTIMORE PERSONAL INJURY LAWYER
What is Statute of limitations for Maryland Personal Injury Cases? How Long do I Have to File a Lawsuit? A Maryland Personal Injury Attorney Talks About the Statute of Limitations. For more visit: http://www.thekirklawfirm.comWhat is My Personal Injury Case Worth: Does It Matter Where the Trial Is?What is My Personal Injury Case Worth? How are Lost Wages Determined?
A vital role of a personal injury attorney is to accurately assess the value of a case. Vist http://www.thekirklawfirm.com/ for information about the factors considered in appropriately valuing a Baltimore, Maryland personal injury claim.What Is The Value of my Personal Injury Case?
A vital role of a personal injury attorney is to accurately assess the value of a case. Vist http://www.thekirklawfirm.com/ for information about the factors considered in appropriately valuing a Baltimore, Maryland personal injury claim.How Much is Your Personal Injury Case Worth: Do Medical Expenses Matter?
A vital role of a personal injury attorney is to accurately assess the value of a case. Vist http://www.thekirklawfirm.com/ for information about the factors considered in appropriately valuing a Baltimore,...
- Q. Can I received lost wages while in therapy
- A: Absolutely. If you doctor has placed you on an off-work status, or placed restrictions on your ability to work that make it impossible for you to do your job, or work your normal hours. If your question is can you get lost wages for the time you miss from work and spend going to therapy appointments, the answer is a little less clear, but you should still make the claim, either to the insurance company and in court.
- Q. Does my employer handle my claim, or do I need to file it some place?
- A: Your employer, or their insurer, is supposed to handle it. That does not always happen. You should file a claim with the WCC [Workers' Compensation Commission].
- Q. When do defendants supposed to submit their expert?
- A: The dates for submission are controlled by the terms of the scheduling order.
- Q. I'm suffering from ptsd I was in house fire not my house should I complain to the homeowner insurance ?
- A: I am sorry to hear this has happened to you. PTSD based claims are complex. There are a number of factors to evaluate here. What was the nature and extend of your physical injury? Was a person responsible for the blaze? What is your current treatment course? You should likely consult with an experienced personal injury attorney.
- Q. Felony Expungement
- A: Did she file a motion to modify within 90 days of her conviction? If so, and if that has not been ruled on, then yes, she may still have that opportunity.
- Q. How can I deal with this situation?
- A: There is a well known and long standing rule of professional conduct prohibiting a lawyer from acting as a witness and an advocate in the same proceeding.
- Q. Am I able to sue someone's estate for injuries from an accident
- A: Yes you can. You'll need to be careful because different and shorter time frames apply. If the person was insured, specific procedures apply to this as well. Your best course of action is to immediately consult with an experienced personal injury attorney
- Q. 1st w/c settlement offer $175000 + $ aside for medical,should I take first offer? And can I take offer n get voc trainin
- A: Q1. A -No. Q2. A- No. Unasked question: A- Yes, you should immediately consult with a seasoned worker's compensation attorney. There is simply no way to value, or explore the nuances of your case in this type of format. Many such attorneys offer free initial meetings.
- Q. The driver behind me caused an accident by passing me on the left on a double yellow line. Is he at fault?
- A: Based on the circumstances you describe, being in the far left lane, with a turn signal on, waiting to make a left turn, it would certainly appear that an individual that passed you on the left would be the cause of the accident. If you sustained an injury in this accident, which you did not mention, you should consult with an experienced personal injury attorney.