Free Consultation: (410) 591-2835Tap to Call This Lawyer
Eric Todd Kirk

Eric Todd Kirk

You need a dedicated advocate to fight for you and obtain full fair compensation
  • Personal Injury, Criminal Law, Workers' Compensation
  • Florida, Maryland, New York
Rate This Lawyer
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&ASocial Media

I am a Personal Injury Attorney, a Workers' Compensation Lawyer and a Criminal Defense Counselor. Over the course of 20 plus years, I have handled thousands of cases involving accidental injury including hundreds of car accident cases in which my clients have sustained serious personal injury, incurred huge medical bills and lost wages, and were caused to suffer from pain and endure mental anguish. I proudly handle cases throughout Maryland, focusing in Baltimore, Baltimore County, Towson, Essex, Dundalk, Middle River, Parkville, Owings Mills, Randalstown, Pikesville, Ellicot, Anne Arundel County, Glen Burnie, Annapolis, Howard County, or Columbia, Ellicot CIty, Maryland. I've secured millions of dollars in compensation for victims of the negligence. I've helped hundreds of injured workers and obtained benefits to which they were rightfully entitled, but wrongfully denied. I've defended hundreds of people accused of crimes. I've tried hundreds of cases. I'd suggest that you let me put this background and experience to work on your case. Why should you hire me? I'd offer two simple reasons why I believe someone should choose me over another lawyer: My experience and My Reduced Fee Program. I've detailed my background above. I also offer my Maryland personal injury clients a reduced fee program that features an attorney fee lower than that commonly charged by personal injury attorneys in this area. I have always believed that every accident and injury victim should have access to the services of a dedicated advocate at a fair rate. My reduced fee program gives my clients the ability to keep a greater percentage of their overall award in their pocket.

Practice Areas
  • Personal Injury
  • Criminal Law
  • Workers' Compensation
  • Free Consultation
  • Contingent Fees
    I adamantly believe every injury victim should have access to diligent, effective representation in their quest to achieve fair compensation. I am also committed to providing that representation at a fair rate. Please feel free to contact me directly if you have any questions about my reduced fee program. Many lawyers handle personal injury matters under what is known as a contingency fee arrangement. The "contingency" aspect means that something must occur for a fee to be earned by the attorney- specifically, a financial recovery. Usually, the lawyer will advance the costs of litigation, and, if there is a financial recovery, the lawyer will retain a percentage of that recovery as his or her fee. However, if there is no recovery obtained by the lawyer, there is no fee -and generally, no litigation costs- charged to the client. This allows the victim of negligence, who may be out of work, or disabled because of the accident, to hire an attorney to pursue the claim without having to pay a sizeable retainer or high hourly fees up-front. "Under my Reduced Fee Program, your fee percentage is always limited." Practices vary from lawyer to lawyer and jurisdiction to jurisdiction. In Maryland, a common contingency fee arrangement calls for the lawyer to retain 33.3 % of the amount recovered in the case as a fee, and, under some agreements, lawyers may retain 40% of the amount recovered as a fee if a lawsuit is filed, and the claim is litigated. Under my reduced fee reduced fee program, attorney's fees are always limited to 30% on a presuit recovery, and 35% if the case goes to litigation.
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
New York
Albany Law School
(1993) Law
Honors: Juris doctor, cum laude. Justinian Society
Professional Associations
Maryland Bar Association
- Current
Baltimore City Bar Association
- Current
Florida State Bar # 98566
- Current
Websites & Blogs
Baltimore Personal Injury Attorney
    Legal Answers
    113 Questions Answered

    A: This is actually much more common than one might think. One major insurance company in particular is well-known for accepting responsibility for an accident, paying for any associated property damage, but then contending that no one could have been hurt in the accident because of the relatively small amount of property damage involved. The avenue available to you is to challenge the insurance company's decision through litigation. You should immediately consult with a seasoned and experienced personal injury attorney in your area.
    Q. What happens if I want to switch jobs while my workers' comp case hasn't been finalized yet?
    A: Not sure what you mean by finalized. It's difficult to envisionany negative consequences for someone looking for work, continuing to work, or starting new work during the pendency of a workers compensation case. Certainly there would be no impact on medical benefits. It could potentially be argued that leaving employment voluntarily might serve to cut off any future temporary partial or temporary total benefits.
    A: You should contact your lawyer and discuss the matter to see if you can reach an amicable solution to your disappointment.
    Q. I was hit by a driver who lives out of state. Can I still sue him in Maryland or do I have to travel to his state?
    A: Maryland law provides by commiting a tortiousact within the confines of the state of Maryland -a car accident would certainly be considered such an act- an out-of-state resident is subject to the jurisdiction of Maryland courts. It may be true that you could also pursue individual where they live, but certainly Maryland would seem like the preferred location. You should immediately consult with a skilled Maryland personal injury lawyer to further review your options.
    Q. Commissioner said no contact at my release, but there's nothing in my paperwork. So, is there a order?
    A: Yes. You should have no contact. If you want clarification, you should file a motion, and ask the court to clarify the ruling.
    Q. The warrant was issued I was never served or arrested and days later the warrant was recalled. Can I still be arrested?
    A: Not on a warrant that has been recalled. You should probably keep proof the warrant has been recalled on your person for a few months.
    Q. Can I sue a cyclist who hit me on a sidewalk? There were no marked bike lanes.
    A: If you sustained personal injuries in the collision- yes. There is no corresponding right to bring a claim just because the cyclist was in the wrong, or because the collision occurred. If, on the other hand, you sustained damages as a result, you should consult with an experienced injury attorney.
    Q. I'm currently on comp would I need another lawyer to sue the employer for the severely sunken in scar on my foot due to
    A: You can't sue your employer. You may have a valid claim for malpractice, but only if another doctor is willing to state under oath that an act of medical negligence occurred. You should ask your current lawyer for a referral to a medical malpractice attorney.
    Q. Is a long term disability lump sum settlement taxable as "sick pay wages?"
    A: You are best served seeking the advice of a tax professional.
    Click here to see all answers
    Social Media
    Contact & Map
    401 E. Pratt Suite 1252
    Baltimore, MD 21202
    Telephone: (410) 591-2835