I am a Personal Injury Attorney, a Workers' Compensation Lawyer and a Criminal Defense Counselor. Over the course of 20 plus years, I have handled thousands of cases involving accidental injury including hundreds of car accident cases in which my clients have sustained serious personal injury, incurred huge medical bills and lost wages, and were caused to suffer from pain and endure mental anguish. I proudly handle cases throughout Maryland, focusing in Baltimore, Baltimore County, Towson, Essex, Dundalk, Middle River, Parkville, Owings Mills, Randalstown, Pikesville, Ellicot, Anne Arundel County, Glen Burnie, Annapolis, Howard County, or Columbia, Ellicot CIty, Maryland. I've secured millions of dollars in compensation for victims of the negligence. I've helped hundreds of injured workers and obtained benefits to which they were rightfully entitled, but wrongfully denied. I've defended hundreds of people accused of crimes. I've tried hundreds of cases. I'd suggest that you let me put this background and experience to work on your case. Why should you hire me? I'd offer two simple reasons why I believe someone should choose me over another lawyer: My experience and My Reduced Fee Program. I've detailed my background above. I also offer my Maryland personal injury clients a reduced fee program that features an attorney fee lower than that commonly charged by personal injury attorneys in this area. I have always believed that every accident and injury victim should have access to the services of a dedicated advocate at a fair rate. My reduced fee program gives my clients the ability to keep a greater percentage of their overall award in their pocket.
- Personal Injury
- Criminal Law
- Workers' Compensation
- Free Consultation
- Contingent Fees
I adamantly believe every injury victim should have access to diligent, effective representation in their quest to achieve fair compensation. I am also committed to providing that representation at a fair rate. Please feel free to contact me directly if you have any questions about my reduced fee program. Many lawyers handle personal injury matters under what is known as a contingency fee arrangement. The "contingency" aspect means that something must occur for a fee to be earned by the attorney- specifically, a financial recovery. Usually, the lawyer will advance the costs of litigation, and, if there is a financial recovery, the lawyer will retain a percentage of that recovery as his or her fee. However, if there is no recovery obtained by the lawyer, there is no fee -and generally, no litigation costs- charged to the client. This allows the victim of negligence, who may be out of work, or disabled because of the accident, to hire an attorney to pursue the claim without having to pay a sizeable retainer or high hourly fees up-front. "Under my Reduced Fee Program, your fee percentage is always limited." Practices vary from lawyer to lawyer and jurisdiction to jurisdiction. In Maryland, a common contingency fee arrangement calls for the lawyer to retain 33.3 % of the amount recovered in the case as a fee, and, under some agreements, lawyers may retain 40% of the amount recovered as a fee if a lawsuit is filed, and the claim is litigated. Under my reduced fee reduced fee program, attorney's fees are always limited to 30% on a presuit recovery, and 35% if the case goes to litigation.
- New York
- Albany Law School
- (1993) Law
- Honors: Juris doctor, cum laude. Justinian Society
- Maryland Bar Association
- - Current
- Baltimore City Bar Association
- - Current
- Florida State Bar # 98566
- - Current
- Baltimore Personal Injury Attorney
- MARYLAND CAR ACCIDENT LAWYER
- MARYLAND CAR ACCIDENT LAWYER Collision coverage
18 January 2013
- MARYLAND CAR ACCIDENT LAWYER Other sources of recovery
13 December 2012
- MARYLAND CAR ACCIDENT LAWYER The Funeral Procession
6 December 2012
- MARYLAND CAR ACCIDENT LAWYER I was in a car accident at work. Do I have a claim.
29 November 2012
- MARYLAND CAR ACCIDENT LAWYER I was in a car accident at work.
16 November 2012
- MARYLAND CAR ACCIDENT LAWYER What is Whiplash?
9 November 2012
- MARYLAND CAR ACCIDENT LAWYER Do I have to have insurance?
31 October 2012
- MARYLAND CAR ACCIDENT LAWYER What type of accident is most likely?
16 October 2012
- MARYLAND CAR ACCIDENT LAWYER The role of the insurance company. Just what are the premiums?
9 October 2012
- BALTIMORE INJURY LAWYER
- WHAT IS THE VALUE OF MY PERSONAL INJURY CASE IN BALTIMORE MD? Criminal Injuries Compensation Board
14 December 2012
- WHAT IS THE VALUE OF MY PERSONAL INJURY CASE IN BALTIMORE MD? The delayed claim, redux.
7 December 2012
- WHAT IS THE VALUE OF MY BALTIMORE PERSONAL INJURY CASE? The worker’s compensation lien.
21 November 2012
- WHAT IS THE VALUE OF MY BALTIMORE PERSONAL INJURY CASE? I got hurt at work. Am I limited to worker’s compensation?
15 November 2012
- WHAT IS THE VALUE OF MY PERSONAL INJURY CASE IN BALTIMORE, MD? The ceiling collapse case.
1 November 2012
- MARYLAND CAR ACCIDENT LAWYER How much is awarded in a Baltimore MD wrongful death case?
23 October 2012
- MARYLAND CAR ACCIDENT LAWYER The role of the insurance company. You’ve got to be kidding me.
3 October 2012
- MARYLAND CAR ACCIDENT LAWYER The role of the insurance company. They don’t think the way you do.
25 September 2012
- MARYLAND CAR ACCIDENT LAWYER The role of the insurance company - "You're in Good Hands"
7 September 2012
- BALTIMORE PERSONAL INJURY LAWYER
What is Statute of limitations for Maryland Personal Injury Cases? How Long do I Have to File a Lawsuit? A Maryland Personal Injury Attorney Talks About the Statute of Limitations. For more visit: http://www.thekirklawfirm.comWhat is My Personal Injury Case Worth: Does It Matter Where the Trial Is?What is My Personal Injury Case Worth? How are Lost Wages Determined?
A vital role of a personal injury attorney is to accurately assess the value of a case. Vist http://www.thekirklawfirm.com/ for information about the factors considered in appropriately valuing a Baltimore, Maryland personal injury claim.What Is The Value of my Personal Injury Case?
A vital role of a personal injury attorney is to accurately assess the value of a case. Vist http://www.thekirklawfirm.com/ for information about the factors considered in appropriately valuing a Baltimore, Maryland personal injury claim.How Much is Your Personal Injury Case Worth: Do Medical Expenses Matter?
A vital role of a personal injury attorney is to accurately assess the value of a case. Vist http://www.thekirklawfirm.com/ for information about the factors considered in appropriately valuing a Baltimore,...
- Q. What is a workers' compensation hearing and what does it entail?
- A: It's a trial on the merits. You should be intimately familiar with rules of procedure and evidence, or, hire an experienced attorney.
- Q. Was injured in an accident in DC but am a resident of MD - where would any lawsuit be filed?
- A: Jurisdictional analysis can be complicated. It certainly sounds like a claim could be brought in DC. But, an analysis might lead to other possible venues based on residence, diversity and the like. It's best to let a seasoned personal injury attorney take a look at this for you.
- Q. I’ve been subpoenaed to testify against my child's father for 2nd degree assault but I don want too what should I do
- A: You have no choice in the matter. You can certainly make your wishes clear to the party that subpoenaed you, likely the State, but you must attend. If your fear is that your testimony might incriminate you, you may have the option of pleading the Fifth Amendment privilege, but that does not exclude your attendance.
- Q. What happens if you resign from your job, before the workers comp case is finished?
- A: Your medical benefits would continue. It's likely that any wage loss benefits would terminate if you voluntarily resigned from your position.
- Q. Can I have my drug Charges dropped even though my case was taken off stet docket?
- A: Presumably the state has a reason to reopen your case. Indeed if more than one year has elapsed, they must have a good reason to reopen your case. You should immediately consult with an experienced criminal defense lawyer. This doesn't sound like the type of case that's just going to be dropped.
- Q. Can someone be arrested for causing a serious car accident even if they weren't drinking?
- A: Absolutely. Offenses such as negligent or reckless driving may apply to a particular situation. If the accident involved a fatality then of course vehicular homicide may come into play. These are obviously all serious offenses and they can they charged and proven in the absence of alcohol.
- Q. I got hurt at work which caused me to need a bilateral faciotomy on both legs. everything was going fine but then my
- A: Your lawyer is in the best position to answer this question for you. Please consult with him or her.
- Q. Can you sue someone and also press criminal charges if they negligently caused a car accident?
- A: Yes. You can certainly file a civil suit. The choice to pursue criminal charges depends on the facts, but the choice is ultimately up to the State.
- Q. I was arrested on felony drug charge in Kentucky. I'm I'm currently released on Bond. What happens if not indideted
- A: You need to speak to a Kentucky attorney well-versed in the criminal law there. These are serious charges and you should promptly consult with an experienced criminal defense attorney.