I am a Personal Injury Attorney, a Workers' Compensation Lawyer and a Criminal Defense Counselor. Over the course of 20 plus years, I have handled thousands of cases involving accidental injury including hundreds of car accident cases in which my clients have sustained serious personal injury, incurred huge medical bills and lost wages, and were caused to suffer from pain and endure mental anguish. I proudly handle cases throughout Maryland, focusing in Baltimore, Baltimore County, Towson, Essex, Dundalk, Middle River, Parkville, Owings Mills, Randalstown, Pikesville, Ellicot, Anne Arundel County, Glen Burnie, Annapolis, Howard County, or Columbia, Ellicot CIty, Maryland. I've secured millions of dollars in compensation for victims of the negligence. I've helped hundreds of injured workers and obtained benefits to which they were rightfully entitled, but wrongfully denied. I've defended hundreds of people accused of crimes. I've tried hundreds of cases. I'd suggest that you let me put this background and experience to work on your case. Why should you hire me? I'd offer two simple reasons why I believe someone should choose me over another lawyer: My experience and My Reduced Fee Program. I've detailed my background above. I also offer my Maryland personal injury clients a reduced fee program that features an attorney fee lower than that commonly charged by personal injury attorneys in this area. I have always believed that every accident and injury victim should have access to the services of a dedicated advocate at a fair rate. My reduced fee program gives my clients the ability to keep a greater percentage of their overall award in their pocket.
- Personal Injury
- Criminal Law
- Workers' Compensation
- Free Consultation
- Contingent Fees
I adamantly believe every injury victim should have access to diligent, effective representation in their quest to achieve fair compensation. I am also committed to providing that representation at a fair rate. Please feel free to contact me directly if you have any questions about my reduced fee program. Many lawyers handle personal injury matters under what is known as a contingency fee arrangement. The "contingency" aspect means that something must occur for a fee to be earned by the attorney- specifically, a financial recovery. Usually, the lawyer will advance the costs of litigation, and, if there is a financial recovery, the lawyer will retain a percentage of that recovery as his or her fee. However, if there is no recovery obtained by the lawyer, there is no fee -and generally, no litigation costs- charged to the client. This allows the victim of negligence, who may be out of work, or disabled because of the accident, to hire an attorney to pursue the claim without having to pay a sizeable retainer or high hourly fees up-front. "Under my Reduced Fee Program, your fee percentage is always limited." Practices vary from lawyer to lawyer and jurisdiction to jurisdiction. In Maryland, a common contingency fee arrangement calls for the lawyer to retain 33.3 % of the amount recovered in the case as a fee, and, under some agreements, lawyers may retain 40% of the amount recovered as a fee if a lawsuit is filed, and the claim is litigated. Under my reduced fee reduced fee program, attorney's fees are always limited to 30% on a presuit recovery, and 35% if the case goes to litigation.
- New York
- Albany Law School
- Law (1993)
- Honors: Juris doctor, cum laude. Justinian Society
- Maryland Bar Association
- - Current
- Baltimore City Bar Association
- - Current
- Florida State Bar # 98566
- - Current
- Baltimore Personal Injury Attorney
- MARYLAND CAR ACCIDENT LAWYER
- MARYLAND CAR ACCIDENT LAWYER Collision coverage
18 January 2013
- MARYLAND CAR ACCIDENT LAWYER Other sources of recovery
13 December 2012
- MARYLAND CAR ACCIDENT LAWYER The Funeral Procession
6 December 2012
- MARYLAND CAR ACCIDENT LAWYER I was in a car accident at work. Do I have a claim.
29 November 2012
- MARYLAND CAR ACCIDENT LAWYER I was in a car accident at work.
16 November 2012
- MARYLAND CAR ACCIDENT LAWYER What is Whiplash?
9 November 2012
- MARYLAND CAR ACCIDENT LAWYER Do I have to have insurance?
31 October 2012
- MARYLAND CAR ACCIDENT LAWYER What type of accident is most likely?
16 October 2012
- MARYLAND CAR ACCIDENT LAWYER The role of the insurance company. Just what are the premiums?
9 October 2012
- BALTIMORE INJURY LAWYER
- WHAT IS THE VALUE OF MY PERSONAL INJURY CASE IN BALTIMORE MD? Criminal Injuries Compensation Board
14 December 2012
- WHAT IS THE VALUE OF MY PERSONAL INJURY CASE IN BALTIMORE MD? The delayed claim, redux.
7 December 2012
- WHAT IS THE VALUE OF MY BALTIMORE PERSONAL INJURY CASE? The worker’s compensation lien.
21 November 2012
- WHAT IS THE VALUE OF MY BALTIMORE PERSONAL INJURY CASE? I got hurt at work. Am I limited to worker’s compensation?
15 November 2012
- WHAT IS THE VALUE OF MY PERSONAL INJURY CASE IN BALTIMORE, MD? The ceiling collapse case.
1 November 2012
- MARYLAND CAR ACCIDENT LAWYER How much is awarded in a Baltimore MD wrongful death case?
23 October 2012
- MARYLAND CAR ACCIDENT LAWYER The role of the insurance company. You’ve got to be kidding me.
3 October 2012
- MARYLAND CAR ACCIDENT LAWYER The role of the insurance company. They don’t think the way you do.
25 September 2012
- MARYLAND CAR ACCIDENT LAWYER The role of the insurance company - "You're in Good Hands"
7 September 2012
- BALTIMORE PERSONAL INJURY LAWYER
What is Statute of limitations for Maryland Personal Injury Cases? How Long do I Have to File a Lawsuit? A Maryland Personal Injury Attorney Talks About the Statute of Limitations. For more visit: http://www.thekirklawfirm.comWhat is My Personal Injury Case Worth: Does It Matter Where the Trial Is?What is My Personal Injury Case Worth? How are Lost Wages Determined?
A vital role of a personal injury attorney is to accurately assess the value of a case. Vist http://www.thekirklawfirm.com/ for information about the factors considered in appropriately valuing a Baltimore, Maryland personal injury claim.What Is The Value of my Personal Injury Case?
A vital role of a personal injury attorney is to accurately assess the value of a case. Vist http://www.thekirklawfirm.com/ for information about the factors considered in appropriately valuing a Baltimore, Maryland personal injury claim.How Much is Your Personal Injury Case Worth: Do Medical Expenses Matter?
A vital role of a personal injury attorney is to accurately assess the value of a case. Vist http://www.thekirklawfirm.com/ for information about the factors considered in appropriately valuing a Baltimore,...
- Q. I was assulted by a 17yr old..if i file charges after 18th bday will it still be underage or adult?
- A: That's up to the State, not you. They may prosecute a juvenile as an adult, depending on the circumstances. The date of the offense would be considered, not the date you file an application for statement of charges.
- Q. Regarding 21-401. Does the right of way apply to someone using the shoulder illegally as a lane?
- A: It's difficult to envision the exact scenario you confronted based on your description. Was there a traffic control device? Your situation appears to involve two potentially competing concepts. Maryland law provides that one can turn left across oncoming traffic only when safe to do so. The Boulevard rule gives the right of way to oncoming traffic that is legally on the Boulevard. A car traveling in the shoulder would not be. If this incident involved personal injury you should promptly consult with an experienced personal injury attorney.
- Q. Is Harrassment illegal on social media site when asked to stop
- A: Criminal Law Article, section 3-805, Misuse of electronic communication or interactive computer service, provides is a crime to: " maliciously engage in a course of conduct, through the use of electronic communication, that alarms or seriously annoys another: (i) with the intent to harass, alarm, or annoy the other; (ii) after receiving a reasonable warning or request to stop by or on behalf of the other; and (iii) without a legal purpose" It would appear socials media sites meet the definition of electronic communication.
- Q. In Maryland, How does a victim pursue their rights under § 11-201 MD Crim Pro Code? Any alternative solutions?
- A: You'll need to go to court and convince the Judge the dismissal is proper under all the circumstances.
- Q. What does loss of enjoyment mean in the context of a car accident personal injury lawsuit and what can I recover for it?
- A: Loss of enjoyment of your life is a component of non economic damage in your personal injury claim. "What did you injury keep you from doing" is perhaps a measure. Consult with a seasoned attorney about your claim.
- Q. Me and my bf are dealing with cps and c3i for something we didn't do Idk what else to do
- A: I would urge you to consult with an experienced attorney for guidance.
- Q. Is it illegal for a boy to threaten to hit a girl? Along with that try to hit a girl?? He was trying to hit me
- A: The gender does not matter. If someone attempted to hit another, and the target apprehended they were about to be hit, that would constitute an assault.
- Q. How hard is it to prove lost income potential in a personal injury lawsuit?
- A: It is extremely difficult. You'll need to couple expert medical testimony with the experts opinions of vocational experts and potentially labor market analysis. Of course, the other side is likely to employ experts in similar fields with different, negative opinions.
- Q. If my seventeen year old son ran a stoplight and hit a pedestrian, can they sue me as his parent for medical expenses,
- A: In Maryland the owner of a car is presumptively responsible for the acts of the driver. That presumption is usually easily dispelled. Another theory that could be available here is one of negligent entrustment. The claim here would be that you entrusted the car to your child knowing that he was a negligent or reckless person. That doesn't seem to be the case based on your statement of facts. I would suggest that both you and your child separately consult with seasoned personal injury attorneys, as it is unlikely there would be insurance coverage for this loss.