Eric Arthur Sokol
- Appeals & Appellate, Bankruptcy, Criminal Law ...
Eric was born in Saint Joseph, MO. His father, Ronald M. Sokol, was a St. Joe attorney for decades who successfully argued a U.S. Supreme Court case while in his twenties (Wilwording v. Swenson). At six, Eric moved to the Parkville area of Kansas City and later graduated Park Hill High School as one of multiple valedictorians.
Eric graduated with an associate degree in paralegal studies from Drury University in 2015. He then worked for years as a paralegal for Springfield-area law firms offering services including personal injury plaintiff representation, family law, criminal defense, traffic citations, bankruptcy, worker’s compensation, business entity formation, contract formation, discrimination, and more.
Eric accepted a full academic scholarship to California Western School of Law in 2018, which he maintained throughout his studies. He graduated with honors, received three first-in-class excellence awards, and was subsequently published in a peer-reviewed law journal based out of the oldest law school in California. Eric’s article on trends in international corporate bankruptcy (insolvency) law, The Fate of Global Insolvency: Neo-Conservatism and New Horizons, was published in the January 2021 edition of the Hastings International and Comparative Law Review.
Eric became a member of the Texas Bar in 2021, and the Missouri Bar in 2022. He now owns and operates solo general practice law firm catering mainly to the Clay, Platte, and Jackson County areas of Kansas City. His practice focuses primarily on bankruptcy, family law, and criminal defense. Mr. Sokol offers free consultations and is open to clients in other practice areas, as well as bankruptcy and federal court cases in Kansas, cross-border issues, and some Texas bankruptcies.
- Appeals & Appellate
- Civil Appeals, Federal Appeals
- Chapter 13 Bankruptcy, Chapter 7 Bankruptcy, Debt Relief
- Criminal Law
- Criminal Appeals, Drug Crimes, Expungement, Fraud, Gun Crimes, Internet Crimes, Sex Crimes, Theft, Violent Crimes
- Collaborative Law, Contested Divorce, Military Divorce, Property Division, Same Sex Divorce, Spousal Support & Alimony, Uncontested Divorce
- Domestic Violence
- Domestic Violence Criminal Defense, Domestic Violence Restraining Orders, Victims Rights
- DUI & DWI
- Elder Law
- Family Law
- Adoption, Child Custody, Child Support, Father's Rights, Guardianship & Conservatorship, Paternity, Prenups & Marital Agreements, Restraining Orders, Same Sex Family Law
- Foreclosure Defense
- Gov & Administrative Law
- Administrative Law, Election Law, Government Contracts, Government Finance, Legislative & Government Affairs
- Juvenile Law
- Municipal Law
- Nursing Home Abuse
- Trademark Litigation, Trademark Registration
- Traffic Tickets
- Suspended License
- White Collar Crime
- English: Spoken, Written
- German: Spoken, Written
- Spanish: Spoken
- California Western School of Law
- J.D. (2020)
- Honors: cum laude
- Drury University
- A.S. (2015) | Paralegal Studies
- California State University - Northridge
- B.A. (2007) | Jazz Studies - Drumset Performance
- Honors: magna cum laude
- The Missouri Bar  # 74198
- State Bar of Texas  # 24122598
There are no recently viewed profiles.
There are no saved profiles.
There are no profiles to compare.