Claimed Lawyer ProfileBlawgsearch
- Business Law
Additional Practice Areas
- Trade Associations
- Tax-exempt Organizations
- Tax-exempt Healthcare
- Private Foundations
- Credit Cards Accepted
- Rates, Retainers and Additional Information
Flat fees and other alternative billing arrangements available.
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
- Carter Law Group, P.C.
- Carter Law Group, P.C., is a boutique law firm devoted to advising nonprofit, tax-exempt and socially responsible enterprises with respect to corporate, tax and regulatory issues. Typical engagements include representation of nonprofit and tax-exempt organizations in matters such as qualification for tax exemption, conversions to and from tax-exempt status, mergers and restructuring, joint ventures and entrepreneurial activities, supporting organizations, unrelated business income tax, advocacy and campaign activities, charitable solicitations, endowment management, governance issues, compensation matters, unusual and complex grants, foreign activities, mission and program related investments, intermediate sanctions, audit defense, complex gifts, and gifts with tax shelter implications.
- Fennemore Craig, P.C.
- Director in the Nonprofit and Tax-exempt Organizations group. Practice 100% devoted to representing tax-exempt and nonprofit organizations with respect to corporate, tax and regulatory issues. Clients include private foundations, public charities, schools, hospitals, and various types of noncharitable entities.
- Quarles & Brady, LLP
- I devoted my practice to 75% tax exempt organizations and 25% estate planning. I primarily represented grant-making foundations, health care institutions, religious institutions, and schools with respect to their corporate, tax and regulatory issues.
- Seattle University School of Law
- J.D. | Law
- Honors: Graduated Cum Laude, Deans List
- Northeastern University
- B.A. | Philosophy
- Honors: Graduated cum laude
- University of Washington School of Law
- Honors: LL.M. in Taxation
- Nonprofit and Charities Law
- Best Lawyers
- Rated âAV Preeminentâ (the highest rating available)
- Martindale Hubell
- State Bar of Arizona
- - Current
- Washington State Bar # 26719
- - Current
- Nonprofit Directors and Trustees - Should Board Service Pay
- Is it Time to Form a For Profit Subsidiary
- Nonprofit Law Jargon Buster: Donor Advised Fund
- Charitable Solicitation Laws - Commercial Co-Venture
- Nonprofit Law Jargon Buster - What is Proxy Voting
- Nonprofit Law Jargon Buster – Voting Members vs. Self-Perpetuating Board
Websites & Blogs
- The Roles of The Board and Executive Director in a Strong Non-Profit
7 June 2019
- Traits of an Exceptional Nonprofit Board Member By: Jeb Banner, CEO of Boardable
3 June 2019
- Nonprofit Chapter Consolidation
27 May 2019
- How do I apply for 501(c)(3) status?
20 May 2019
- How do I write non-profit bylaws?
13 May 2019
- 4 Common mistakes when writing articles of incorporation
6 May 2019
- Nonprofit Embezzlement – What to Do When Lightning Strikes
6 May 2019
- Who owns a non-profit corporation? 4 Essential Clarifications
29 April 2019
- How Do I Choose a Non-profit Board of Directors?
22 April 2019
Contact & Map