Free Consultation: (985) 892-1955Tap to Call This Lawyer
Ellen Cronin Badeaux

Ellen Cronin Badeaux

Ellen Cronin Badeaux, LLC
  • Family Law, Divorce, Personal Injury...
  • Louisiana
Rate This Lawyer
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&ASocial Media

Ellen put herself through both undergraduate and law school. She a married, mother of two. Both her husband and daughter are also attorneys as are a nephew, father-in-law, 3 brothers-in-law and one brother-in-law who was elected judge. She was drawn to the areas of family law, criminal defense and plaintiff personal injury and has never changed course. She has practiced in Ascension, East Baton Rouge Jefferson, Livingston, Orleans, St. Bernard, St. Tammany, Tangipahoa and Washington Parishes for her entire 25 years of legal experience including, Amite, Baton Rouge, Chalmette, Covington, Denham Springs, Franklinton, Gonzales, Gretna, Hammond, Harvey, Kenner, Livingston, Madisonville, Mandeville, Metairie, New Orleans and Slidell at the City Court, District Court and Appellate Court levels.

Practice Areas
  • Family Law
  • Divorce
  • Personal Injury
  • Criminal Law
  • DUI & DWI
  • Juvenile Law
  • Animal & Dog Law
  • Appeals & Appellate
  • Arbitration & Mediation
  • Domestic Violence
  • Insurance Claims
  • Traffic Tickets
  • White Collar Crime
Additional Practice Area
  • Car Accidents
  • Free Consultation
    Free personal injury, car accident, wrongful death, dwi, dog bite, criminal and white collar crime consultations by phone or in office. Free phone family law, divorce, custody, child support, mediation, domestic violence, juvenile law, and interdiction consultations and $50 office consultations.
  • Credit Cards Accepted
    VISA, MC, Discover & American Express
  • Contingent Fees
    For personal injury, car accidents and wrongful death only
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
  • English
  • French
Professional Experience
Ellen Cronin Badeaux, LLC
- Current
Law Office of State Rep Dan Claitor
Law Clerk
Habans, Bologna & Carriere
Federal Public Defender
Loyola University New Orleans
J.D. (1992)
Honors: Moot Court, Highest grade federal criminal law.
Activities: Association of Women Law Students, Delta Theta Phi Legal Fraternity, Art Director for educational video, The Tax Consequences of Divorce.
Tulane University
B.A. (1988)
Honors: 3.5 GPA, Dean's List, Alpha Sigma Lamda Honorary Society, paper accepted for permanent collection Howard Tilton Library.
Professional Associations
International Bar Association
American Bar Association
National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- Current
22d JDC Bar Association
- Current
Inns of Court
- Current
American Association for Justice
- Current
Jefferson Bar Association
- Current
Louisiana State Bar Association # 22028
- Current
New Orleans Bar Association
- Current
Federal Bar Association
- Current
Delta Theta Phi legal fraternity
- Current
Articles & Publications
Billing Practices Can Improve Collection
Briefly Speaking, New Orleans Bar Association Newsletter
Speaking Engagements
How to Select a Family Law Attorney, Cable TV production
It's the Law
Qualified family and civil mediator
Louisiana Bar Association Alternative Dispute Resolution Section
Notary Public
State Notary Board
Jefferson Parish Juvenile Ad Hoc Judicial Panel
Jefferson Judiciary
Licensed attorney
Louisiana State Bar Association
Websites & Blogs
Legal Answers
428 Questions Answered

Q. Given a dog who was malnourished. we've had for over 30days. they want her back now Do i have any right to keep her?
A: Refuse. Tell her see you in court. Your vet bills are proof she was a gift. Tell former owner if they make a stink, then you will file a criminal complaint of animal cruelty.
Q. Can I be charged with drugs if they was is someone else pocket because the cops said I was lying
A: You already posted a question and you already were charged. Hire a criminal attoeney immediately.
Q. OK I got charge with possession with the intent to distribute legend drugs with out a prescription when I just got there
A: You need to hire a criminal attorney immediately
Q. I am in Houma Louisiana. My child is 17 and wants to change his name from his fathers. Does he need the fathers permissi
A: Prior to his 18th birthday he needs his parents' permission. After his 18th birthday he does not.
Q. How hard would it be for a non-parent to get custody of a child he or she has provided for the last 2yrs w/o the parent.
A: If you are a family member, it's easier than if you are not. However, it is possible for even a non-relative to get custody. You need to hire a custody attorney.
Q. Kids dad been on child support since 2012 after child support increase 3 days later dad applied for custody using drugs
A: You have already asked this question. 1) Get 3 clean monitored drug tests, 2) Hire an attorney to represent you at the custody hearing and 3) Attorney can also file for Contempt and for a Warrant to return the kids.
Q. Im trying to get my delayed birth certificate but vital records needs documents i cant get. Can I get it court ordered?
A: I can't quite tell what you are asking. I think you are asking for filiation. Hire a family law attorney.
Q. Divorced and share joint custody. We had verbal agreement to split expenses 50/50 but he's not paying his half.
A: You need to hire a child support attorney to get a judgment ordering him to pay.
Q. Woman doing excessive time for a felony that is now a misdemeanor. How can I help her?
A: Not enough information provided to answer your question. Schedule a consultation with a criminal defense attorney.
Click here to see all answers
Social Media
Contact & Map
Ellen Cronin Badeaux, LLC
324 N. Theard St.
[Also by appointment in New Orleans and Slidell]
Covington, LA 70433
Telephone: (985) 892-1955
Fax: (985) 892-1023