Free Consultation: (240) 408-5393Tap to Call This Lawyer
Elizabeth Pugliese

Elizabeth Pugliese

Elizabeth Pugliese, Esq. -Breaking up is hard to do, but it doesn't have to be e
  • Divorce, Domestic Violence, Family Law
  • Maryland
Review This Lawyer
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&ABlawgsearchSocial Media

A law firm for every day people.

The belief of my practice is simple: I represent those who need an attorney but think they can't afford one. I believe in standing up for those who think no one will stand up for them. I give voice to the voiceless.

Sometimes things happen. You need an attorney. You think you can't afford one. You can afford Elizabeth Pugliese, Esq.

Practice Areas
  • Divorce
  • Domestic Violence
  • Family Law
  • Free Consultation
  • Rates, Retainers and Additional Information
    Reasonable hourly rates. Client is responsible for paying expenses of matter.
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
The Catholic University of America Columbus School of Law
Placeholder image for education.
Articles & Publications
Organ Trafficking and the TVPA: Why One Word Makes a Difference in International Enforcement Efforts
Journal of Contemporary Health and Policy
Legal Answers
98 Questions Answered

Q. my child dropped out high school and obtained a ged. the child will be turning 18 in September. do I still pay support?
A: You must file to stop the child support, when the child turns 18 in September. No one is keeping track of the child's birthday at child support enforcement.
Q. I filed for sole legal and physical custody in MD, how do I know when the defendant has been served?
A: You must make arrangements to have the Defendant serve. You cannot serve the Defendant yourself, as in hand the person the papers, or mail them yourself. The sheriff will do it for $40. A private process server is slightly more.
Q. If the parent paying child support loses their job, are they allowed to just not pay child support?
A: That is not correct. The child support is an order that remains in effect until changed in another order. the full amount of child support remains due. He must pay it. If he does not, he can lose his driver's license, and other things. There is no grace period for losing a job. You should consult a lawyer about your options.
Q. Filed for child support in md, father moved to PA to get out of paying. Signed agreement between both of usWhat can I do
A: You can file with the court to enforce the agreement yourself. You do not need child support enforcement to do it. Have him personally served. Then proceed with the court matter. You should consult with an attorney about all of your options.
Q. I moved out of state w/ my child Nov ‘18 without notifying the court. 14 months later the father has reopened the case.
A: Regardless of the reasons, you still needed to follow the correct process by going through the court. Will you lose custody? Probably not. However, the court will not be happy with you which will make it much harder to present your case. Online mediation does not change a court order. If an agreement signed by both of you was not submitted to the court, the order remains in full force and effect.
Q. would a spouse on the deed but not the mortgage be entitled to 1/2 the selling price of the home but not the debt?
A: The spouse is entitled to half the value of the home - regardless of how titled. The value is usually the selling price, minus brokerage fees and minus the mortgage. Basically the equity in the home.
Q. My arrears went up 21,000 in 1 month. Is that legal possible?
A: You can ask for an accounting from Child Support Enforcement. Be aware that no one at Child Support is keeping track of birthdates. YOU must file to end the child support. it will not happen automatically. You will be expected to pay until it is terminated by court order.
Q. Can a "nonmarital property" of the husband be up for property division in a divorce case with these circumstances:
A: The home most likely would be considered part marital and part separate property. From March of 2015 - Octover 2015 it would be separate property. From the date of marriage it could be argued it is marital property.
Q. I recently left my abusive husband and got a protection order in which I get my dog but he won't give him up
A: You file contempt with the court and ask that he be jailed for not turning over the dog. He can get out of jail by giving you the dog. It's a court order. Even if he gave the dog away, he is still required to get the dog back and give it to you.
Click here to see all answers
Contact & Map
200A Monroe St., Ste. 303
Rockville, MD 20850
Telephone: (240) 408-5393