- Appeals & Appellate, Business Law, Estate Planning ...
- Arizona, California, District of Columbia, Maryland
Ms. McFarland's mission is to serve Sedona and the Verde Valley with experience and integrity. Since 2002, she has provided complete client service in the areas of estate
planning, business law, real estate, and appellate practice.
Ms. McFarland entered private practice in 1993. From 1993 through 2001, she worked
with firms in Washington, D.C., Los Angeles, and Santa Barbara, California, primarily
focusing on complex, commercial trial and appellate work in state and federal courts
across the nation. Ms. McFarland's practice included disputes about employment
contracts, partnership agreements, commercial leases, joint ventures, 10b(5) securities
litigation, shareholder derivative actions, compliance with the Investment Company
Act of 1940, fraud in many contexts, and price fixing. Ms. McFarland also gained
experience before the Court of International Trade, in franchising, applying for U.S.
trademarks, and merging and reorganizing banks. For several years, Ms. McFarland
was lead counsel for a Maryland bank which had a Winstar claim in the United States
Court of Federal Claims. Ms. McFarland's practice also included extensive brief writing
experience in state and federal appellate courts across the country, including a case
she briefed, argued, and won before the California Supreme Court.
Ms. McFarland is a 1993 graduate of Georgetown University Law Center, having
previously received her undergraduate degree in political science from UCLA in 1987.
While still in law school, Ms. McFarland drafted Estonia’s antitrust statute in
consultation with the government of Estonia. Ms. McFarland has published articles
entitled "The Schengen Agreement And Its Portent For Immigration In Europe" and
"Czechoslovakia Links Economic And Immigration Policies." She enjoys traveling
and the great outdoors of Northern Arizona.
- Appeals & Appellate
- Civil Appeals, Federal Appeals
- Business Law
- Business Contracts, Business Dissolution, Business Finance, Business Formation, Business Litigation, Franchising, Mergers & Acquisitions, Partnership & Shareholder Disputes
- Estate Planning
- Guardianship & Conservatorship Estate Administration, Health Care Directives, Trusts, Wills
- Real Estate Law
- Commercial Real Estate, Condominiums, Easements, Eminent Domain, Homeowners Association, Land Use & Zoning, Mortgages, Neighbor Disputes, Residential Real Estate, Water Law
- Credit Cards Accepted
- District of Columbia
- U.S. Supreme Court
- Georgetown University Law Center
- University of California - Los Angeles
- B.A. | Political Science
- Arizona State Bar
There are no recently viewed profiles.
There are no saved profiles.
There are no profiles to compare.