Elizabeth Felt WakemanWakeman Law Group - for when life takes a turn
- Arbitration & Mediation, Divorce, Family Law ...
Liz has presented seminars to divorce recovery groups, counselors, lawyers, hospitals, doctors, and insurance companies and was an instructor for several years for a personal injury trial practice course presented by the Illinois Association of Defense Trial Counsel and classes for medical practitioners to area hospitals and staff regarding how to respond to legal inquiries and how to avoid malpractice. She has also presented seminars for the Illinois State Bar Association including a recent basic family law seminar.
Liz tried several cases to juries including a case that was decisiv with respect to the use accident reconstruction experts, evidence of use of a cell phone, and what jury verdict forms are appropriate with respect to loss of normal life/disability, and the ability to assert a claim for emotional distress.
Liz tried a case which involved one of the earliest cases in which a plaintiff was able to recover damages for grief and sorrow. Liz successfully argued for recovery despite a lack of financial support from the deceased father to the child.
Liz made new law in the area of compensation for lost wages for a plaintiff who owns a corporation and is not able to earn money for the corporation due to injuries.
Liz was able to obtain the largest court ordered temporary maintenance award reported in Illinois.
Liz has handled a wide variety of family law matters including complex, high-value estates, custody contests, paternity claims, and post-decree disputes. She works hard to get her clients to an equitable and workable result while trying to limit the long-term damage that can arise in a hotly contested divorce. While it is often considered best to avoid the court room in family law matters, staying out of the court room very often depends on being well prepared for a court hearing.
Liz is a Guardian Ad Litem for both children and disabled adults and a court approved mediator in McHenry and Kane Counties.
- Arbitration & Mediation
- Business Arbitration, Consumer Arbitration, Family Arbitration
- Collaborative Law, Contested Divorce, Military Divorce, Property Division, Same Sex Divorce, Spousal Support & Alimony, Uncontested Divorce
- Family Law
- Adoption, Child Custody, Child Support, Father's Rights, Guardianship & Conservatorship, Paternity, Prenups & Marital Agreements, Restraining Orders, Same Sex Family Law
- Personal Injury
- Animal & Dog Bites, Brain Injury, Car Accidents, Construction Accidents, Motorcycle Accidents, Premises Liability, Truck Accidents, Wrongful Death
- Free Consultation
- Credit Cards Accepted
- Contingent Fees
- Supreme Court of Illinois
- State Bar of Illinois  # 6217168
- DePaul University College of Law Center for Dispute Resolution
- Wakeman Law Group, PC
There are no recently viewed profiles.
There are no saved profiles.
There are no profiles to compare.