Free Consultation: (914) 725-0028Tap to Call This Lawyer
Eli Moore

Eli Moore

Traffic and Criminal Attorney in Westchester County & the Bronx
  • Traffic Tickets, Criminal Law, DUI & DWI
  • New York
Rate This Lawyer
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&ASocial Media

Eli Moore, Westchester County’s premier traffic ticket lawyer and criminal attorney, has represented thousands of clients throughout Westchester and New York City for over 25 years. He provides personalized, expert service to those who have been charged with a moving violation or a criminal offense. He goes to court so you don’t have to and helps reduce your fines and points so that you can keep your insurance rates low. Eli Moore brings a wealth of expertise to his work. He earned his B.A. degree from Columbia University and his law degree from Boston University Law School. He served as an Assistant District Attorney in Bronx County for 18 years, prosecuting hundreds of cases, including homicides, violent felonies, and narcotics cases. During that time, he also served as a Special Narcotics Prosecutor in Manhattan. Mr. Moore is admitted to the New York State Bar, the United States Supreme Court, and the Eastern and Southern Federal District Courts of New York. He is an active member of the following: New Rochelle Bar Association, Bronx County Bar Association, Westchester County Bar Association, and the Justice Brandeis Westchester Law Society.

Practice Areas
  • Traffic Tickets
  • Criminal Law
  • DUI & DWI
  • Free Consultation
  • Credit Cards Accepted
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
New York
Federal Circuit
U.S. Supreme Court
  • English: Spoken, Written
Professional Experience
Law Offices of Eli Moore PLLC
- Current
Represents clients in all criminal matters including felonies, misdemeanors, and DWI. Traffic court attorney for all types of moving violations.
Babchik & Young LLP
Defense counsel in personal injury and professional liability litigation from pleadings through discovery, motion, and trial stage.
Assistant district attorney
Bronx County District Attorney's Office
Prosecuted Homicides, violent felonies, and narcotic cases. Conducted long term investigations of major narcotic traffickers using wired taps, search warrants, and confidential informants.
Boston University School of Law
J.D. (1983) | Law
Columbia University
B.A. (1980) | Liberal Arts
Professional Associations
American Bar Association
- Current
Westchester County Bar Association
Member, Attorney Grievance Committee
- Current
Bronx County Bar Association
- Current
New Rochelle Bar Association
- Current
New York State Bar # 1937812
- Current
Articles & Publications
Check Your DMV Record Before Applying for Next Job
Linked In
What Teen Drivers Need to Know
Scarsdale Inquirer
Speaking Engagements
Fourth Amendment, Lawyer in the Classroom, Columbus Elementary School, New Rochelle
New Rochelle Bar Association
Four week presentation to fifth grade class on the Fourth Amendment.
Websites & Blogs
Eli Moore Traffic Attorney
Legal Answers
28 Questions Answered

Q. I have received 2 Tickets for No inadequate lights (3752A1) and inadequate plate lamps (3752A4)
A: You should plead not guilty and request a hearing. At the hearing bring proof of repair. If you made the repair within a day or two, you might be able to get the charges dismissed. At the very least you should get a reduction in the fine amount
Q. Failure to stop@ stop sign. The cop told me to plead not guilty since I didn't see stop sign. Do I need lawyer?
A: You can handle the matter yourself. However, you are facing 3 points if found guilty. If you have an attorney appear on your behalf you do not need to go to court. An experienced traffic attorney might be able to reduce the ticket to a non-moving, no points violation. An attorney might even be able to get the ticket dismissed on a technicality.
Q. If my friend runs a red light but is driving my truck, is it possible for them to suspend my license?
A: If you are referring to a red light camera ticket, (that one receives by mail) then you are liable for the ticket as the registered owner of the vehicle. If the ticket remains unpaid you could face license or registration suspension. If the driver of the truck was stopped running a red light and given a ticket on the scene, then he is solely responsible.
Q. i was locked up for a few months , i come home to a bunch of tickets , its very obvious that someone was driving my
A: It depends on the type of ticket you are referring to. If parking tickets, you are responsible as the owner of the vehicle. If moving violations where someone gave your name, you should dispute these tickets with proof of incarceration.
Q. To plead not guilty on Section B traffic ticket on the new Move Over Law, should I choose Yes or No?
A: You were probably issued a supporting deposition at the time of the ticket. If you received 2 pages, the second page is the supporting deposition If you only received one page (the ticket itself) then you should request the supporting deposition. If the officer does not provide the deposition within 30 days, then that is grounds for dismissal of the ticket
Q. On July 8, 2018 at 10:49pm, I got a ticket in New State I-87.
A: This is a 3 point violation. You should mail the ticket back pleading not guilty. You will be notified by mail of a conference date. I would recommend finding a local attorney to handle the matter for you. An attorney should be able to reduce the ticket to a non-moving, no points violation. I would also recommend you contact the court clerk and ask for a list of local attorneys. You want someone familiar with that court. If you are represented by an attorney you do not need to be present
Q. I drove a friend's car when she was too drunk, and I got a ticket for driving without insurance. What can I do?
A: You should plead not guilty and request a hearing. At the hearing you should bring a copy of the registration showing you are not the registered owner of the vehicle
Q. How soon should I get the court date after not guilty plea?
A: Unfortunately, there is no time limit for prosecution
Q. I have a NC drivers license but i got a ticket in NY for using my gps. Will i get points on my license if i plead guilty
A: This is a 5 point violation in New York. Even though you have an out-of-state license, conviction of most moving violations in New York will result in points being placed on your record in New York. If you reach 11 points or 3 speeding ticket convictions within an 18 month period your driving privileges in New York State will be suspended.
Click here to see all answers
Social Media
Contact & Map
29 Elmridge Drive
Scarsdale, NY 10583
Telephone: (914) 725-0028
Cell: (914) 523-5552
Fax: (914) 472-2780