Free Consultation: (866) 368-4279Tap to Call This Lawyer
Douglas Lee Bryan

Douglas Lee Bryan

The Bryan Law Firm, L.L.C.
  • Personal Injury, Social Security Disability, Workers' Compensation...
  • Louisiana
Rate This Lawyer
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&A

Attorney Doug Bryan has been serving the local community since 1991 with individualized, experienced legal counsel. As a lifelong resident of Louisiana, he understands the needs of clients and their families. You can rely on his knowledge and compassion throughout your case, whether you were in a car accident, injured at work, want to adopt a child or were charged with a traffic offense. The Bryan Law Firm L.L.C. provides representation in a range of areas of law with a focus on personal injury and work injuries. Doug Bryan began his legal career with a personal injury law firm and remains committed to helping injury victims and their families recover the compensation they need. He understands the importance of treating clients with care while tenaciously pursuing damages from the negligent parties.

Practice Areas
  • Personal Injury
  • Social Security Disability
  • Workers' Compensation
  • Family Law
Additional Practice Area
  • Car Accidents
  • Free Consultation
  • Credit Cards Accepted
    Visa, Mastercard, American Express, Discover, and PayPal accepted.
  • Contingent Fees
  • Rates, Retainers and Additional Information
    Provider firm for many legal service plans, including Legal Shield, ARAG, Hyatt Legal, Legal Resources, CLC, and Workplace Options, among others.
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
5th Circuit
Federal Circuit
  • English: Spoken, Written
Professional Experience
Owner and Principal
The Bryan Law Firm, L.L.C.
- Current
Owner and Principal of law firm focusing on personal injury, worker's compensation, social security, adoption, divorce, family law, and other civil matters.
Riddle Law Offices
Associate attorney for general civil practice law firm
Neblett, Beard & Arsenault
Associate attorney focusing on personal injury, worker's compensation and social security matters.
Loyola University New Orleans
J.D. (1991) | Law
Activities: Phi Alpha Delta Law Fraternity; Loyola Law Clinic
University of Louisiana - Monroe
B.A. (1988) | Pre-Law
Honors: Graduated Cum Laude. Member Phi Alpha Theta Honor Society
Activities: Fiat Justicia Pre-Law Organization
Professional Associations
Avoyelles Parish Bar Association
President 1998; President-Elect 1997; Secretary/Treasurer 1996
- Current
Louisiana State Bar
Legal Services for Persons with Disabilities Comm. 96-pres.; House of Delegates 96-pres.; Bd. of Governors 08-09
- Current
Louisiana Association of Justice
Bd. of Governors 99-2000
Notary Public, commissioned statewide
Louisiana Secretary of State
Websites & Blogs
Bryan Law Firm's Website
Legal Answers
525 Questions Answered

Q. ex filed a TRO citing threatening violence and history of drug and alcohol abuse as well as threats to harm
A: This forum isn't for purposes of, or as an alternative to, obtaining advice from an attorney. You should speak with an attorney personally to discuss your rights and options ASAP. I would suggest speaking with someone in the jurisdiction where the suit is pending, as someone there likely would be able to offer you the most competitive fee arrangement. Good luck.
Q. How do I begin the process of terminating parental rights? We have not heard from my childs father in 6 months?
A: If you and your spouse have been married for over 6 months, your spouse can file to adopt the child at this time. This would terminate the father's rights. This is a relatively inexpensive process, compared to a private adoption. Give me a call and I'll be happy to discuss the process and costs involved.
Q. To get divorced in Louisiana with a child you have to live separate for 1 year. What proof is required of residencies?
A: Usually testimony of the parties and perhaps an independent witness is all that's required.
Q. my husband is paying child support for his kids but they dont got to school one isnt even enrolled both are 16 and older
A: He needs to keep paying support until a court rules otherwise. Your question isn't easily answered in this forum. There are actions that your husband can take if he believes the children aren't being properly raised or getting the educational opportunities they need. And if they no longer live with their mother, he can file to terminate the support order for that reason. Your husband needs to speak with an attorney to discuss his options and the potential cost of doing so. I'd be happy to speak with him regarding this.
Q. Where can i get free or low cost legal help to adopt twin 3 year old boys at Texas CPS. They are ready for adoption .
A: Are you looking to adopt them in Louisiana? If so, I'm not sure what free resources, if any, are available. I would be happy to speak with you and discuss your case and the potential fees and and expenses; feel free to give me a call.
Q. Is a change of venue possible for custody litigation? Specifically, two judges have been recused already due to bias.
A: A change of venue isn't likely solely due to the need to recuse judges. The LA Supreme Court can appoint a retired judge, or a judge from another jurisdiction to hear your case if all of the judges in that district have been recused.
Q. Can I adopt my niece who is the age of 35 years old ?
A: Yes, an adult adoption is a fairly uncomplicated process and is done by affidavit. An adoption attorney can walk you through the process and give you an idea of the cost, which should be fairly affordable. Give me a call, and I'll be happy to discuss further and answer any questions you may have.
Q. How is it my daughter husband ONLY served 3months in jail for 2ND DEGREE ASSAULT WITH WEAPON?
A: That is a question best asked of the assistant DA or victim's assistance coordinator with the DA's office.
Q. open succession without a surviving spouses approval or help. How do we find out how much money is in accts
A: Retain an attorney to open her succession. An attorney experienced in handling probate law is familiar with the steps to determine what assets exist and the methodology to value them.
Click here to see all answers
Contact & Map
419 South Preston St
P.O. Box 707
Marksville, LA 71351
Toll-Free: (866) 368-4279
Telephone: (318) 240-8282
Fax: (318) 240-0292