Free Consultation: (303) 688-0944Tap to Call This Lawyer
Donald C Eby

Donald C Eby

Robinson and Henry
  • Business Law, Collections, Landlord Tenant...
  • Colorado
Rate This Lawyer
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&ASocial MediaResponsive Law

Donald "Corky" Eby is a Robinson and Henry superstar and leader of the firm's real estate practice. He helps clients solve problems relating to real estate, including commercial and residential acquisition, financing, development, leases, foreclosure, landlord tenant, eviction, contract issues, HOA disputes, Realtor representation, zoning and other land use issues. He also represents Colorado veterans on issues such as VA disability ratings, combat related special compensation, discharge review, and other Veterans Administration claims. Additionally, he handles business and commercial law issues including acquisitions and mergers, joint ventures and entity formation, collections, franchises, contract issues, and general corporate counsel.

Prior to joining our firm Donald served in the US Navy where he was assigned to aviation squadrons, aircraft carriers, the Naval Discharge Review Board, and other special assignments. During his military career he was deployed to Iraq, Kuwait, the Red Sea, Persian Gulf, Mediterranean, and Adriatic Sea. He also, has owned and operated a real estate company for over ten years where he has personally bought and sold dozens of homes and dealt with hundreds of tenant issues ranging from broken leases, to property repairs, and evictions. His unique background gives him an exceptional perspective on the issues faced by todays business owners, landlords, and veterans.

Oklahoma State University, Bachelor of Science
University of Denver, Juris Doctor
Colorado Bar Association CLE, Colorado Real Estate Practice Course

Scholastic Excellence Award - Trial Practice
University of Denver Sturm College of Law, Corporate Apprentice of the Year


Castle Rock Board of Adjustments
Colorado Real Estate Investors
NAIOP, Commercial Real Estate Development - Legislative Affairs Committee
MOAA - Military Officers Association of America
Navy League
Colorado Lawyers for Colorado Veterans
Mr. Eby regularly speaks to groups who are concerned about legal issues

American Bar Association
Colorado Bar Association - Real Estate and Natural Resources Sections
Douglas Elbert County Bar Association - LinkedIn Group manager

Contact Donald by email or schedule and appointment by calling 303-688-0944.

Practice Areas
  • Business Law
  • Collections
  • Landlord Tenant
  • Military Law
  • Real Estate Law
  • Free Consultation
    Initial consultation is always free
  • Credit Cards Accepted
    All major credit cards accepted
  • Rates, Retainers and Additional Information
    Retainer agreements and some flat fee relationships.
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
Professional Experience
Robinson and Henry
- Current
At R&H my team attorneys handle litigation of cases on behalf of our clients all along the front range. We represent builders, buyers, sellers, contractors, business owners, creditors, and debtors.
University of Denver
Juris Doctorate
Honors: Trial Practice and Corporate Apprentice of the Year
Superlawyers Raising Star
Superlawyers Raising Star
Superlawyers Raising Star
Superlawyers Raising Star
Superlawyers Raising Star
Superlawyers Raising Star
Superlawyer Raising Star
AVVO 2013 Client's Choice Award
Multiple client recommendations on Avvo within the year of 2013
Professional Associations
Colorado Bar Assoc
- Current
Colorado Lawyers for Colorado Veterans
- Current
Activities: Assist Colorado Veterans with legal issues.
Websites & Blogs
Legal Answers
145 Questions Answered

Q. Can my friend fight eviction from the home that his grandma bought for him to live in after her passing?
A: Evictions are a matter of contract or implied contract. This will turn on the exact reason in the Notice given as to what Grandson's defense may be. Grandson may have a defense that he is an owner and thus cannot be evicted. He should consult an attorney to discuss the facts and possible defense before the court date.
Q. My landlord didn't tell me there was no heating system in my room or bathroom before I moved in. Can I break my lease?
A: You may have a Warranty of Habitability issue. But, this will be very fact intensive. The primary issue is whether or not your LL will pursue you for damages if you abandon the lease. It is unlikely to be a financially viable case for the LL.
Q. Can I evict one tenant on lease but not the other tenant on lease?
A: Yes - You can bring the action against one tenant - a smart Defendant would bring in the other tenant as a 3rd party defendant, but maybe she will not. Likely, you'll ultimately sign a new lease with the single remaining tenant.
Q. How do we get the name of a financial lender off of the deed when the property is paid.
A: The lender will need to release it's claim. The type of security that was provided for the loan will determine the type of filing that needs to occur to release the claim. This is likely a valuable property and worthy of retaining an attorney to ensure that the Church has full and complete ownership.
Q. I own a mobile home but there is a lien on it can the landlord evict me if he is not the mobile home park manager.
A: Your facts are confusing. Whoever is identified in your lease as the Landlord has the power to evict you if you are in breach of the lease agreement. There may be a separate issue between evicting the occupant of the trailer and evicting the trailer from the park.
Q. Building transferred ownership one month into lease, dispute over validity of deal offered by previous owners. Options?
A: You are in a difficult spot. If the new ownership doesn't honor the deal you'll be faced with proving that the offer existed or paying the disputed $1,000. Hopefully, the sales person will testify on your behalf.
Q. Is it a criminal charge for landlord shutting off my power
A: It is unlikely that the LL has the right to turn off your utilities. I recommend contacting an attorney to respond to the LL and possibly bring a lawsuit against the LL to cover your damages.
Q. Landlord wants to come in everyday from 2:30-6:30 to show property til closing day, Can she do that?
A: It is likely that a Judge would not consider this reasonable. Do you want to hire an attorney to send your landlord a demand letter or otherwise contact your landlord on your behalf?
Q. Landlord did not want to accept rent because she wanted a plumbers bill as well, now she is adding late fees, can she?
A: If landlord attempts to evict you based on failure to pay rent, you will want to bring these facts to the attention of the Judge. You may want to hire an attorney to help you prepare for the hearing or to defend you at the hearing.
Click here to see all answers
Social Media
Contact & Map
Robinson and Henry
900 Castleton Rd.
Ste. 200
Castle Rock, CO 80109
Telephone: (303) 688-0944