Free Consultation: (800) 497-9774Tap to Call This Lawyer
Domingo Castillo Jr

Domingo Castillo Jr

Castillo & Associates Attorneys at Law in Indio, San Diego & Calexico Ca
  • Workers' Compensation, Personal Injury, Insurance Claims...
  • California
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&ALII Gold

I am the principal partner of Castillo & Associates handling workers compensation & personal injury cases throughout Southern California. I'm married and blessed with children. I enjoy spending time with my family and love to fish, travel and enjoy watching Sports, Nature & Forsenic TV channels. I started working with Allstate Insurance Claims in 1987 while studying at UCLA during my third year. Later after graduating, I worked as a workers comp adjuster for Cigna Property & Casualty. While in Law School, I worked full time as a workers compensation hearing rep for Firemens Fund & Fremont Insurance. After working or several large law firms in Los Angeles, I decided to open up my own office in 2002. I believe in hard work and putting the client first. We have recovered over $200,000,000 in benefits and settlements for our clients.

Practice Areas
  • Workers' Compensation
  • Personal Injury
  • Insurance Claims
  • Social Security Disability/SSI
  • Nursing Home Abuse & Neglect
  • Medical Malpractice
  • Asbestos & Mesothelioma
  • Animal & Dog Law
Additional Practice Area
  • Car Accidents
  • Free Consultation
    We do not charge upfront fees. We charge only if we win and get the case settled. No charge for any legal consultation. Over 20 years in workers' compensation cases and personal injury cases. We charge 15% for the standard workers comp case. .
  • Contingent Fees
    We charge 15% for workers' compensation cases and 1/3 on auto accident cases. Negotiable.
  • Rates, Retainers and Additional Information
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
  • English: Spoken, Written
  • Spanish: Spoken, Written
Professional Experience
Coachella Valley Educational Chairperson
California Applicant Attorney Association (CAAA)
Coachella Valley Chapter President
California Applicant Attorney Association (CAAA)
Univ of California at Los Angeles
Undergraduate Degree
Univ of West Los Angeles
Law Degree
Professional Associations
California State Bar # 202618
- Current
California Applicant Attorney Association (CAAA)
Coachella Valley Chapter President
Websites & Blogs
Legal Answers
15 Questions Answered

Q. I have an open workmans comp case that I was still getting seen for. Recently re injured but not at work. Am I covered?
A: You have asked a very important question. If the same knee popped while you were doing your usual and customary activities, there is no reason why a doctor or adjuster should deny this. However, many do. In addition, if any other body part such as the other knee, low back, etc or lower extremity were to sustain injury or trauma due to a abnormal gait or walking crooked due to your injured knee, you need to report that immediately to your doctor and claims adjuster. However, there is a 95% chance they will deny it since they never accept secondary injuries or compensible consequence claims. My advise is that you contact an experienced workers compensation attorney so you get legal protection and legal advise to proceed wth your claims. We have the power to get you to better doctors that will represent you and not the insurance adjusters. We will make sure you get the highest level of benefits for your claim. There is no way you will get any justice on your own against the large, corrupt and powerful insurance companies without a competent Workers Comp attorney. After dealing with adjusters for 30 years, I've learned that they are not on your side. I wish you the best. Good Luck!
Q. Need advice before workers comp investigator recording interview
A: Major Mistake!!!! Don't give any statements to any insurance investigators. They are trained to ask you questions that will make it easier to deny or reject your claim. They are also prior police or law enforcement officials that believe that all work comp claimants like you are normally fraudulent. Get yourself a work comp attorney who has experience and will represent you! The insurance adjusters are trained to reduce the value of your case from the beginning. Good luck
Q. Both I and my husband are 53. We are talking divorce. Here is the situation
A: California is a community property state which means in theory, half goes to each spouse. However, there are a lot of questions in regards to your husbands earnings for the last 6 years and you need to see all the financial books (bank accounts) etc before we can address that part. If the house is all paid, you are ahead of the game. I highly suggest that you contact my office so we can discuss all your options. You have a lot to lose if you try to handle this by yourself. We would request and obtain a expert to look at your husband and his vocational skills and ability to work. Call our office to further discuss. Call us at (619) 281-4400 or (760) 863-4800. The initial consultation is free. Thank you, Castillo & Associates 3443 Camino Del Rio South #315 San Diego, Ca 92108
Q. What kind of info do I need to prove my claim?
A: You need to contact a local workers Compensation attorney and set up a meeting with him to address these issues right away. If you are having physical illness or consequences due to the emotional trauma and psychological events, you need to report them to your employer and your family doctor. Tell your attorney everything and keep looking for one that will take your case. Many will not take stress claims. Good luck.
Q. Can you sue a insurance Co. for not given you the care that you were awarded by a judge.Im 2 years with out a urologist?
A: I agree with our comments and understand your frustration with the broken California workers comp system. It's broken for the injured workers of Calif but the insurance companies are very content and happy with it. I'm not sure if you ever had an attorney on your case but we would like to assist you on your case. We have offices in Riverside, San Diego and Imperial Counties. Please call us at your convenience to answer more of your questions and assist you on your issues on obtaining fair and quick medical care. We can assist you on getting a Urologist right away along with any other medical speciality within the Medical Provider Network. We have over 35 years of combined experience and have recovered over $250,000,000 in settlements, disiability, medical and mileage benefits for our clients. Please feel free to call me. Very Truly, Domingo Castillo Esq. Castillo & Associates (800) 497-9774 (760) 863-4800 (619) 281-4400 Offices in San Diego Riverside and Imperial County
Q. Can my employer have me sit in their office for 8 hrs. A day just so they don't have to pay work comp? I broke my leg
A: In short, yes. I agree with my colleague. The good thing (I assume) is that you're getting the same hours and same pay as you were before the injury. If your employer has reduced the hours or reduced your pay, you need to discuss this with an experienced workers comp attorney. The insurance company would have to pay you Temporary Partial Disability Benefits or the difference if this was the case. If your med condition is worsening, you need to report this to your doctor so that he can modify or reduce your work duties and work restrictions. If you go on disability, you will be getting 2/3's or 66.67% of your average weekly earnings. Have a primary treating doctor on your side is extremely important! If you are seeing the insurance doctor that the ins claims adjuster choose, you will have major problems sooner than later. Set up an appointment with an experienced and aggressive work comp attorney. We do not charge until the case is settled and we do not charge for a consultation. Good luck!
Q. My Uncle was permanently disabled on the job in CA, and his settlement required that all his medical treatment and care
A: You need to contact an experienced workers comp law firm or attorney to discuss these issues. Many issues would have to be reviewed such as whether your uncle is seeing an authorized physician and whether he is sending all the med reports and requests in writing to the insurance carrier. Best bet is to make an appointment with a Calif Workers Comp firm to review the case. We've taken many cases like this and litigated them to court to force the carrier to pay the med bills. Good luck
Q. I was injured on a job over 10 years ago and I my doctor wrote me out 0% disabled with the possibility of surgery needed
A: You need to seek legal counsel with a competent Workers Compensation Attorney. If the matter was Stipulated with Medical Open for the Future, you will probably need to go through the insurance carriers Medical Provider Network of orthopedic doctors. However, most of them are not on your side so a good attorney should be able to get you connected to a good MPN doctor. Good Luck.
Q. WC wants Me to sign medical release form for all medical and dental records. Do I have to sign this?
A: The workers Comp insurance company always request a list of all your past medical history. They do this to see if they can find any reason to either deny your claim or reduce the value of your claim by finding pre-existing injuries, disease or symptoms that may contribute to your current claim. At the end of the day, insurance carriers always try to reduce their exposure and liability in all claims in order to pay less on every claim. I suggest you consult with a experienced workers Compensation attorney immediately. The consults are always free. Good luck.
Click here to see all answers
Contact & Map
81715 Hwy 111 Ste. C
Indio, CA 92201
Toll-Free: (800) 497-9774
Telephone: (760) 863-4800
Fax: (760) 863-4804
3443 Camino Del Rio South #315
San Diego, CA, USA
Toll-Free: (800) 497-9774
Telephone: (619) 281-4400
Fax: (619) 281-4402
38 West 4th Street, Ste. 6
Calexico, CA, USA
Toll-Free: (800) 497-9774
Telephone: (760) 863-4800