Free Consultation: (918) 456-1304Tap to Call This Lawyer
Doak Willis

Doak Willis

Trial Attorney of Doak Willis Law Firm
  • Criminal Law, DUI & DWI, Family Law...
  • Oklahoma
Rate This Lawyer
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&ASocial MediaResponsive Law

Doak is a trial attorney who has experience helping clients to successfully resolve their legal problems. Early in his career he left the private practice and joined the District Attorneys staff where he served as the First Assistant District Attorney for Wagoner, Cherokee, Adair, and Sequoyah Counties. Doak re-entered private practice after his public service and represents clients on a wide range of legal issues from family law, criminal law,probates, real estate transactions, and other business issues to name a few. Doak has tried numerous cases before Juries involving both criminal and civil issues. He has successfully represented clients before a Jury on Murder and Manslaughter charges with verdicts of not guilty.

Practice Areas
  • Criminal Law
  • DUI & DWI
  • Family Law
  • Probate
  • Real Estate Law
  • Traffic Tickets
  • Free Consultation
  • Contingent Fees
  • Rates, Retainers and Additional Information
    $150 to $200 per hour litigation. Set fee on Criminal Jury Trials.
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
10th Circuit
  • English: Spoken, Written
Professional Experience
Oklahoma Bar Association
- Current
Member of the Oklahoma Bar Association.
University of Tulsa College of Law
J.D. | Law
Northeastern State University - Muskogee campus
B.A. | History;Political Science
Honors: Deans Honor Roll
Activities: President of Phi Lambda Chi Fraternity 1975-1976
University of Oklahoma
Political Science; Philosophy
Legal Answers
111 Questions Answered

Q. My 17 year old daughter has a 9 month old. The dad signed the birth certificate. The babies great grandparents say they
A: You cannot legally go and just pick up the child. If your daughter would leave with the child and go with you then you can do that in order to visit with the child. The father merely signing just the birth certificate is not a legal means of establishing him as the natural father. DHS has forms to be signed by the natural parents if a child is born out of wedlock in Oklahoma. Visitation right and custody can only be set by the Court and a paternity action would have to be commenced in order to legally find the natural father is the child's father and who would have custody and visitation rights should the parties separate and no longer live together.
Q. Can a landlord give me a write up or evict me for defending myself against an attack by another tenant?
A: The answer is that you can be written up for just about any reason but the main issue is does the reason for the write up violate any provisions of Section 8 or not. Being the victim of a crime is not a legal reason for being evicted.
Q. I have subpoenaed an individual who was employed by the state, but now is employed by a county in the state. The person
A: In order for a witness to be made to appear under subpoena, you must follow the law in paying a witness fee and mileage and other conditions set forth in the statutes. So you are required to compensate witnesses you subpoena. Depending on how critical their testimony is to your case will be the deciding factor as the what affect their not appearing to testify would have upon the final judgment.
Q. Do I have to pay child support when my children stay with me for the summer
A: To answer that question an attorney would need to review your Decree of Dissolution. Unless the Decree which sets out your obligation to pay child support exempts your having to pay while the children visit with you during the summer visitation, you must pay the support monthly or as set out within that Decree.
Q. My house has two driveways. The original driveway and the one my grandparents had added on.
A: You must check the land records to insure that the driveway the City is claiming to be an alley is indeed an alley or a part of your property. Obviously, if the driveway was built on property owned by the City and deemed an alley, the City may then enforce their rights concerning the use of that alley. If it is your property, then the City has no rights. Go to the County Clerks office to look up the legal description of your property and check the plat map if platted. This will answer the question as to whether the City has a claim or not.
Q. When my child turns 18 even though they are still in highschool can they just move out of the home?
A: Whenever a child reaches the age of majority which is the age of 18, they become an adult at that time and may move from their parents residence even if still in High School. Excepting certain restrictions such as the purchase of alcohol among others, they are deemed adults and may vote and enter into contracts which are binding.
Q. The baby daddy won't let the mother see or talk to the daughter and they have no custody agreement and are not married
A: If the child resides in Oklahoma the law states that the mother of the child has custody until the father of the child is determined by paternity testing. The mother needs to hire an attorney now to possible get the child returned to her until parentage is determined through a paternity proceeding.
Q. Hello my name is Tiffany and I am in desperate need of a family law attorney, please contact me 8178777073
A: You just need to hire an attorney in Oklahoma to help you in your case.
Q. If a step son is entitled to % of the house we bought a year before he died. What would his % be based on new or time
A: Your question does not give enough facts in order to be answered properly. Depending on how the deed was made out when it was purchased and transfered over to you and him, that would tell the percentage he owned. For example, if the deed was made out to you and him as joint tenants with rights of survivorship then each or you would own one half of the property. If his percentage of ownership was less than one half or more than one half, the deed should have reflected that percentage.
Click here to see all answers
Social Media
Contact & Map
Doak Willis, Attorney
400 S. Muskogee Ave.
Tahlequah, OK 74464
Telephone: (918) 456-1304