Free Consultation: (614) 349-4490Tap to Call This Lawyer
Dimitrios Makridis

Dimitrios Makridis

Attorney Dimitri Makridis of Makridis Law Firm is a top Columbus DUI Lawyer. He
  • DUI & DWI, Criminal Law, Personal Injury...
  • Ohio
Rate This Lawyer
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&ASocial MediaResponsive Law

Attorney Dimitri Makridis of Makridis Law Firm is a top Columbus DUI Lawyer.

He is committed to defending men and women facing Ohio OVI / DUI charges and achieving outstanding results for his clients.

Schedule your free consultation today by calling (614) 349-4490.

Practice Areas
  • DUI & DWI
  • Criminal Law
  • Personal Injury
  • Bankruptcy
  • Free Consultation
  • Credit Cards Accepted
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
  • English: Spoken, Written
  • Greek: Spoken, Written
Professional Experience
General Counsel
Hyperion Motors
- Current
Intake Officer
City of Columbus
Ohio State University - Columbus
B.S. (2012) | Operations Management and Supervision
Capital University Law School
J.D. (2012)
Cross-examining Police Officers in OVI Cases
American Association of Premier DUI Attorneys
Lead Counsel Rating in Criminal Law - State Felony & Misdemeanor
Lead Counsel
Professional Associations
Columbus Bar Association Lawyers For Justice
- Current
Articles & Publications
The Job Market: How to Stand Out from your Competitors
Columbus Bar Lawyers Quarterly
Deposition Etiquette... NOT!
Professional Liability Defense Quarterly
Speaking Engagements
Trial Preparation from Start to Finish, PACO, Columbus, OH
Legal Answers
14 Questions Answered

Q. How do I file a bond reduction, ?
A: Hire a lawyer to approach the judge and ask for a bond reduction.
Q. First OVI, high-tier misdemeanor, no history drugs or alcohol, no criminal record, any way to reach a plea agreement?
A: There are a number of different factors that dictate whether it might be a possibility: the facts of the case (including how you performed / acted on the video, the reason for the stop, how the officer conducted his / her investigation, how you performed on the tests, and whether the officer had probable cause to arrest you), the prosecutor's view of the facts of the case, and many other factors. An experienced DUI lawyer can assess the facts of your case and decide whether it might be a realistic possibility. Another obstacle is the pressure prosecuting attorneys are under to fight DUI / OVI cases and to push back against reductions. If a prosecutor learns that the officer conducted his / her investigation poorly, or that they have evidentiary weaknesses in your case, or if the prosecutor believes your case has a good chance at winning at trial, they will usually negotiate. But, it is a misconception to believe that prosecutors will just casually reduce your charges, just because. This is why it is important to hire an experienced DUI lawyer who fully understands the arguments that can be raised on your behalf, who is known for fighting these cases, and who is not afraid to take DUI / OVI cases to trial. DUI / OVI cases are litigated more than any other misdemeanor, felony, or criminal case. You want someone fighting on your behalf who knows what they are doing.
Q. Can you fire your public defender if he never returned your call and didn't help at all an now have a warrant can I get
A: Yes, you can get a new lawyer, and yes they can approach the prosecutor / judge to try and get the warrant set aside.
Q. Hello I'm trying to look my name up for previous court cases that I had. But I never attended. Anyway I can get help?
Q. First OVI, no criminal record, no history with alcohol or drugs, any way to plead to lesser charge?
A: You need to speak to an experienced DUI / OVI lawyer in that area. There are many factors that determine whether a reduction will be offered by the prosecution.
Q. Is it legal in Ohio for a housing complex to Ban you for life from the property due to your past criminal record
A: You cannot trespass on property that you knowingly are banned from. This ban must come from a person authorized to ban you, or who you believe was authorized. If you trespass knowing you are banned from property, there a few kinds of criminal trespass you can be charged with, which involve knowingly entering or remaining on property without privilege to do so. Criminal trespass generally ranges from a 4th degree misdemeanor (up to 30 days in jail, and a $250 fine) to a 1st degree misdemeanor (up to 180 days in jail, and a $1000 fine).
Q. My son has been charged with underage drinking domestic violence and assault. Littering. Is he looking at jail time.
A: Your son needs to hire a criminal defense attorney asap.
Q. Police questioning me after OBN investigator questioned me
A: It is very difficult to answer your questions without knowing the specifics. You should retain a criminal defense and have a private discussion as soon as possible.
Q. It has been 1 year since arrested for ovi & drug possess. Ovi is over still nothing about the drugs
A: The drug possession can be presented to a grand jury at any time within the statute of limitations. Depending on what / how much was found, it can take years. When the prosecutor presents your case to the grand jury, the grand jury can (and will likely) find probable cause to indict you. You will receive a summons telling you to appear for an arraignment on the charge. Essentially, that is the start of your case. You should call an attorney immediately when that happens.
Click here to see all answers
Social Media
Contact & Map
625 City Park Ave
Columbus, OH 43206
Telephone: (614) 349-4490