Free Consultation: (888) 902-9285Tap to Call This Lawyer
Deron Edward Smallcomb

Deron Edward Smallcomb

Law Offices of Deron Smallcomb
  • Immigration Law
  • California, Serving Clients in all 50 States - Offices in CA & NY
Rate This Lawyer
Lawyer Rating and Reviews
Legal Knowledge
Legal Analysis
Communication Skills
Ethics and Professionalism
Rating: 10 Justia Lawyer Rating - 10 out of 10
Deron is well read and constantly status up to date with the changing rules and regulations as they pertain to immigration. I refer and recommend him to all my friends and family that are skiing immigration counsel.
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&ALII PlatinumSocial Media

For the past 10 years, our practice has achieved over 10,000 approvals for our clients. Whether you are interested in marriage based immigration, asylum, a Green Card, or a business visa, we can help. We speak many languages, so call us today at (888) 902-9285 for a Free Consultation! We have offices in both California and New York, and we help clients in all 50 states and all over the world.

Practice Area
  • Immigration Law
  • Free Consultation
    We provide a free consultation to see if you qualify for our services.
  • Credit Cards Accepted
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
State Bar of California
Serving Clients in all 50 States - Offices in CA & NY
9th Circuit
  • English: Spoken, Written
  • Kapampangan: Spoken, Written
  • Russian: Spoken, Written
  • Spanish: Spoken, Written
  • Tagalog: Spoken, Written
  • Ukrainian: Spoken, Written
Professional Experience
- Current
Owner, LLC
Santa Clara University, Oxford University, and Empire Law School
J.D. (2005) | Law
Santa Clara University
MBA (2002) | Masters of Business Administration
California State University - California Polytechnic State University, San Luis Obispo
B.S. (1998) | Business Administration
Professional Associations
California State Bar # 282493
- Current
American Immigration Lawyers Association
- Current
Websites & Blogs
Deron Edward Smallcomb's Website Profile
Law Offices of Deron Smallcomb Website
Legal Answers
86 Questions Answered

Q. hearing in removal proceedings soon, was told most/all cases are denied unless extreme hardship ie illness, options?
A: You should really discuss your case with an experienced immigration attorney. We've handled many such cases for example, and deportation is not a foregone conclusion.
Q. I have been in a green for about 7 years and would like to apply for citizenship. However I incorporated an LLC that
A: Unless you were committing illegal activity with the LLC, you shouldn't have any issue.
Q. US citizen marrying a foreigner abroad and living abroad with foreign partner wanting to petition for green card abroad?
A: Your case is a bit complex, however your goals can be accomplished. The process would start with a spousal based filing in the United States, ultimately that will result in a Green Card. Based on the issues in your case, you should contact an experienced immigration lawyer for help. The cost isn't high for this process and you will be well served by doing it right the first time.
Q. If my wife is granted a spouse visa, is there a particular window of time in which she has to move to the US?
A: Generally, the visa must be used within 6 months.
Q. Am a green card holder from my dad,am 23& it’s been a year here,do I have Possibility to apply for citizen ?!
A: You will need to be a green card holder for five years before you can file for citizenship.
Q. Married in two different countries with the same person counts as bigamy?
A: You are seemingly divorced on a marriage that you lied about to the US Government. This is a complex issue and could negatively impact your life on several levels if not addressed properly. You need to speak with an experienced immigration attorney.
Q. My mom attained citizenship when I was 17 years of age ( 1999). I am now 37- Do I need to apply to become a citizen?
A: Yes, this does potentially affect your citizenship rights, in a positive way. You should consult with an experienced immigration attorney to ensure your application is done properly so you don't waste time or money doing the wrong petition or filing it incorrectly.
Q. Can I bring a friend's birth certificate into the US? I'm just visiting and they asked me to bring it for them
A: I'd bring a written request from your friend stating that he wants you to bring the birth certificate. I'm not aware of any laws that prevent you from bringing this type of document to the USA.
Q. LPR. Away from USA for 360 out of 365 days due to a documented unforeseen serious illness. Will I have issues returning?
A: Probably not, but it will be at the discretion of the officer at the border. You will want to bring documentation regarding this illness so you can prove it was unforeseen. You should consider consulting with an immigration attorney for additional advice.
Click here to see all answers
Social Media
Contact & Map
Law Offices of Deron Smallcomb
2305 Historic Decatur Rd
San Diego, CA 92106
Toll-Free: (888) 902-9285
Telephone: (619) 755-9822
Law Offices of Deron Smallcomb
New York
517 Brighton Beach Ave
2nd Floor
Brooklyn, NY 11235
Toll-Free: (888) 902-9285
Telephone: (718) 799-9118