Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&ALII Gold
- Tax Law
- Free Consultation
- Credit Cards Accepted
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
- U.S. Federal District Court Southern District of California
- English: Spoken, Written
- University of San Diego School of Law
- J.D. (1973)
- Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute
- Bachelor of Aeronautical Engineering (1965)
- United States Tax Court
- Southern California Districts of United States Federal District Court
- Served as Arbitrator and Judge Pro Tem, San Diego, California
- California State Bar # 57158
- - Current
Articles & Publications
- Legal Editor to King's Guide to Offer and Compromise
- Presentations, training sessions and guest speaking appearances at national conferences with attorneys, certified public accountants and enrolled agents on the topic of effective case management and resolution of business and personal tax issues.
- Radio guest appearance with George Chamberlin on the topic of "How to Keep the IRS from Ruining your Life.
- Radio guest appearance on the KFMB "Mike Berger Show" on the topic of Effective IRS Problem Solving.
- Radio guest appearance with Bob Ryan on KCEO's "Inside Business" Show, on the topic of "Effectively dealing with payroll tax issues."
- Radio guest appearance on Ron Dolbeck’s Financial Forum Show on the topic of tax savings strategies for sole proprietors.
Websites & Blogs
- David S. Greenberg's Website Profile
- David S. Greenberg, Attorney at Law Website
26 Questions Answered
- Q. i purchased a condo which I now rent and want to sell it to buy a house to live in. Do I have to pay capitol gains tax
- A: In order to qualify for the capital gains exemption, you must have lived in the property for at lease 2 of the most recent 5 years. On the basis of what you've described, you will not be eligible for the capital gains exemption for the sale of a personal residence.
- Q. Will the government shutdown extend or toll the statute of limitations for the IRS for an due process hearing?
- A: The 30 day period during which a timely request for a Collection Due Process Hearing is not impacted by the shutdown. The shutdown can and in all likelihood will delay the scheduling of the hearing.
- Q. If the TP denies tax liability, does the IRS always send a final notice-right to hearing notice after the CP-504?
- A: In the usual course, the IRS automated collection system [ACS] will issue either a CP90 or LT11 Final notice of intent to levy with a notice of your right to a collection due process hearing within about 5 weeks after issuance of the CP504. However, I have encountered several situations whereby the final notice does not issue within the predictable time frame. This usually occurs when the account is being transferred from ACS to a local revenue officer. It would be in your best interest to engage the services of a skilled tax attorney to assist you in navigating through the collection mine field.
- Q. Suit 4 disability discrimination&Pn-Suff A.I never worked for the company.B. Settled out of court. Tax help?1099?
- A: Taxpayers receive 1099s at the end of the tax year whey they receive any type of non-employee compensation, The form is prepared by the person or company who pays the money. You, as the recipient of the money, do not participate in the preparation of the 1099.
- Q. What exactly is the "silent exemption" in Chapter 7 bankruptcy in California and how does it work?
- A: You are referring to the wildcard exemption of up to $28,225.00. You can use this exemption for any purpose, includin your $2,000.00 vehicle equity. You can then use the remaining wildcard exemption of $26,225.00 as needed. Please note that this is available if you are not using a homestead exemption on a personal residence.
- Q. Is husband liable for Wife's tax debt when filing separately in a community law state?
- A: In a community property state, your wife has a community interest in your income. The IRS therefore has standing to engage in enforced collection by way of levy of your wife's community interest in your income. A separate property agreement would protect you from such enforced collection of your wife's interest in your income.
- Q. I'm being followed by helicopters and drones
- A: The call is a scam. There is no cause for concern whatsoever.
- Q. I filed bankruptcy in Pro per, I now need to find a attorney to help me as I now have a adversarial filing within case
- A: If your bankruptcy case was filed in the Southern District of California, I may be able to help you. I invite you to call my office to schedule a free consultation.
- Q. If I filed for bankruptcy on my own does that give the creditors the right to still call me?
- A: When you file the bankruptcy petition, there comes into existence an automatic stay order which prevents creditors from contacting you.
Contact & Map