Welcome to the Chicago, Illinois, Law Offices of David L. Freidberg, P.C., a premier Chicago criminal law attorney who knows how the system works and when to negotiate or simply take the gloves off and fight it out in court. We pride ourselves on providing our clients the most powerful and aggressive criminal defense available in the Chicagoland area. We handle all criminal cases, including drug offenses, rape, assault and murder. Experienced, Compassionate, Aggressive Criminal Defense If you have been charged with a crime, you want to know your attorney will take a sincere interest in your case and do everything within his power to ensure you receive the most aggressive defense available under the law. As a Cook County drug defense lawyer, David L. Freidberg understands the fear and uncertainty you feel when you have been accused of a crime of any nature and that you simply need help determining how to appropriately and effectively respond to the charges. Our firm does not believe in making moral judgments; we are focused solely on the facts of your case. Attorney David L. Freidberg and his team of associates and expert investigators know what to look for in your case and are able to identify any loopholes in the law or weaknesses with the prosecution's evidence. His first goal is always to get the charges dropped; failing that, he will do what it takes to get the charges and penalties reduced and keep you out of jail.
- Criminal Law
- Domestic Violence
- White Collar Crime
- DUI & DWI
- Traffic Tickets
- Aggravated Robbery/Armed Robbery
- Assault, Battery, Aggravated Battery
- Bond Hearings, Bail Hearings, Preliminary Hearings
- Burglary, Residential Burglary, Auto Burglary
- Cocaine Possession
- Marijuana/Cannabis Possession
- Heroin Possession
- Disorderly Conduct
- Felonies, Misdemeanors, Probation violations
- Murder, Homicide, Attempted Murder
- Possession, Manufacturing and Delivery of Controlled Substance
- Sex Offenses, Aggravated Criminal Sexual Abuse and Assault, Predatory Sexual Ass
- Theft, Retail Theft, Forgery
- Kidnapping, Unlawul Restraint
- Resisting Arrest
- Gun Charges, Aggravated UUW, Unlawful Use of Weapon
- Free Consultation
- Credit Cards Accepted
We accept MasterCard, Visa, Discover, and American Express.
- U.S. District Court, Central District of Illinois
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Wisconsin
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Illinois
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Illinois
- St. Mary's University School of Law
- J.D. (1995) | Law
- Honors: Phi Alpha Delta
- University of Texas - Austin
- B.S. (1992) | Finance
- University of Wisconsin - Madison
- Client’s Choice Awards
- 2013 and 2014
- Criminal Defense Featured Attorney
- A+ Rating
- Better Business Bureau
- Illinois State Bar
- Illinois Criminal Defense Bar Association
- National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- Women's Criminal Defense Bar Association
- - Current
- David L. Freidberg's Website Profile
- Law Offices of David L. Freidberg Website
- Chicago Criminal Lawyer Blog
- Ineffective Assistance of Counsel Could Overturn Murder Conviction
19 April 2019
- Was James Gibson Beat into Confessing to a Double Murder?
17 April 2019
- Spoofing Case Ends in Mistrial
12 April 2019
- Did Chicago Police Cover Up Evidence in Laquan McDonald Shooting?
10 April 2019
- Prosecutors Offer Deal in Aaron Schock Corruption Case
5 April 2019
- “Civil Commitment” Prisoner Freed After 32 Years
3 April 2019
- Prosecutors Drop Charges Against Jussie Smollett Amid Maelstrom of Anger
29 March 2019
- Ripper Crew Murderer Paroled
27 March 2019
- Man Will Stand Trial for the Dismemberment of a Child
22 March 2019
- Q. 19 old daughter arrested for battery and misconduct. But she didn't physically touch the person. What will happen in crt
- A: If the complaining witness (victim) appears in court, then your attorney can ask for an offer from the State's Attorney so as to avoid a trial. That offer can range from court supervision to probation to jail time for up to 364 days. If you opt not to plea guilty, then the matter will be set for trial.
- Q. if I was ticketed for possession of less than 1g cannabis and a pipe and asked to appear in court ,would i need a lawyer
- A: Absolutely. Even though this is a small amount of cannabis, you still face jail time upon conviction. You need an attorney to attempt to get the charge dismissed against you and avoid a conviction on your record.
- Q. Does a domestic battery warrant follow you out of state?
- A: Any warrant will follow you out of state.
- Q. If you are charged 7500 for shooting a person but you are not guilty can a lawyer lower your bond or what happens next?
- A: Your attorney can always file a motion for reduction of bail bond. It all depends on what your prior criminal record shows. You should also be aware that whenever you request a reduction of bail bond, the judge can always increase the bond amount if he/she deems it appropriate.
- Q. If I refuse to talk to the prosecutor or the judge, how long can they hold me if I answer no questions at all?
- A: You are under no obligation to speak with the prosecutor. In fact, you should not be having any conversations with a prosecutor, ever. That is the job of your attorney. If you are in custody, you can be held until the completion of your case. If you are talking about an investigation only, you can be held for 48 hours.
- Q. I have pled guilty to a split sentence. I just got 2 poss. of paraphernalia. Will I go back to prison? What are my odds?
- A: Not necessarily. Depending on what your sentence was, the judge could recommit you to probation. Additionally, if this is a misdemeanor, which it should be, it may or may not even violate your probation. Your attorney needs to coordinate this case with the State's Attorney or probation department handling your prior conviction.
- Q. How do go about obtaining a "Final Disposition".
- A: What you may be looking for is a certified disposition, which is important regarding immigration issues. The purpose of this is to show immigration, or a potential employer, that your case was dismissed or what the final resolution was. You should be able to go to any clerk's office to obtain this. In Cook County the fee is $9.
- Q. Shouldn't all concurrent charges run together?
- A: Yes unless the charge is Aggravated Criminal Sexual Assault, then they run consecutive.
- Q. When An jail inmate has a bond set.By law do they have to let him out when someone comes up there cash in hand to bail?
- A: The only other issue could be that IF this is a drug case, the State's Attorney could have asked for a Source of Bail Bond. That means that even if a bond has been set, he cannot be released until the posting party proves where the funds are coming from to post that bond. This is done to ensure that the funds are not from ill-gotten gains (proceeds from the sale of drugs for instance). Otherwise, he should be able to just post the 10% unless it's a cash bond or C-Bond, which means he would have to post the full $2500.00