Free Consultation: (678) 951-8821Tap to Call This Lawyer
David Edward Boyle

David Edward Boyle

Crawford and Boyle, LLC
  • Criminal Law, DUI & DWI, Domestic Violence...
  • Georgia
Rate This Lawyer
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&ASocial Media

David has been representing persons accused or suspected of criminal wrongdoing since 2010. David is the past-secretary of the Gwinnett County Bar Association -Criminal Section. He has been featured in television news stories with Randy Travis’ Fox 5 Atlanta I-Team Investigations, and CBS-46 investigations into the Walton County Sheriff’s Department corruption and drug investigations. David has been a guest lecturer for the Georgia Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers.

David graduated from Emory University School of Law in 1997. He began his legal career as a law clerk for the Honorable Melodie Clayton in Cobb County State Court. After that he worked for the Gwinnett County Solicitor’s Office prosecuting traffic and DUI cases in Recorders Court and then was a member of the Domestic Violence Unit. David spent many years working for the Dekalb and Walton County District Attorney’s prosecuting serious violent felony cases, including, murder, rape, armed robbery, child molestations and other violent and drug offenses. David has lectured to law enforcement officers on various topics and has taught prosecutors at the Basic Litigation course. David was featured on Investigation Discovery for his successful murder prosecutions in Main Street Mysteries – “Murder in a Small Town” and Stolen Voices, Buried Secrets “Missing Mother’s Day”

Practice Areas
  • Criminal Law
  • DUI & DWI
  • Domestic Violence
  • Family Law
  • Divorce
  • Personal Injury
  • Free Consultation
  • Credit Cards Accepted
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
  • English
Professional Experience
Crawford and Boyle, LLC
- Current
Deputy Chief Assistant District Attorney
Walton County District Attorneys Office
Assistant District Attorney
Dekalb County District Attorney
Assistant Solicitor
Gwinnett County Solicitors Office
Emory University School of Law
Law Degree
Professional Associations
Walton County Bar Association
Past President
Gwinnett County Bar Association
Georgia Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
Georgia State Bar
- Current
Websites & Blogs
Legal Answers
320 Questions Answered

Q. If the DA decides to take the Case of my Late Mom's and me; would I still need a Medical Malpractice Attorney?
A: You need a personal injury attorney to represent your mother's estate to sue the medical provider.
Q. So could I testify that it happened and but I don't wanna press charges
A: You can but since you don't control whether the state presses charges, a valid objection by the state would bar your testimony about your opinion on the charges.
Q. What doesaggravation of punishment mean?
A: Aggravation of punishment is when the State introduces evidence at sentencing to increase your sentence. In order to do so the State has to give you notice of its intent to introduce prior convictions or other evidence. In regards to aggravated child molestation, a crime that involves child molestation plus sodomy or an injury to a child elevates normal child molestation to aggravated child molestation.
Q. I am trying to find Georgia law stating that a patient having suicidal ideation cannot be forced to be transported
A: A person can be involuntary committed by a medical facility if they are an imminent threat of committing harm to themselves or others.
Q. If police take something from my house can they charge me later for it
A: Yes, if police seized something from your house they can use it later against you. Of course you can challenge how they seized it and it might not be admissible. If you are on probation you may have a fourth amendment waiver that allows them to search.
Q. my son is 18 and has charges of concealed weapon in the commission of a crime the gu
A: Hire an attorney to represent your son. He is an adult and is facing felony charges that can effect his life forever.
Q. Married 20 yrs. We had a bad morning we both regret I'm being charged with simple battery family violence.
A: I would encourage you to hire an attorney as that charge can have life long consequences.
Q. Am I allowed to go to another town in my state?
A: If you fail to report as directed by your probation officer you can be arrested for a probation violation.
Q. What does the codes mean on the court docket Crt Apt Aty Rem
A: Court Appointed Attorney (not sure about the REM)
Click here to see all answers
Social Media
Contact & Map
Main Office
306 S Hammond Dr
Monroe, GA 30655
Telephone: (678) 951-8821
Fax: (678) 244-3666
Gwinnett Office
189 W. Pike Street
Lawrenceville, GA 30046
Telephone: (678) 951-8821
Athens Office
337 S. Milledge Ave, Suite 220
Athens, GA 30605