David D. Sprague
- Elder Law, Estate Planning, Probate ...
David D. Sprague is the firm's principal partner. His practice includes Business Law, Probate and Estate Planning, Elder Law and Medicaid Planning, Family Law (domestic relations/divorce/prenuptial agreements) and Real Estate Law. David has experience working as an attorney at two nationally recognized law firms: Raymond & Prokop, P.C. and Pepper Hamilton LLP. In addition, David has helped clients to successfully complete applications with the Michigan Minority Business Development Council and has defended claims made by the Business Software Alliance.
Prior to practicing law, David had nearly 10 years of experience working in the automotive industry and the field of information technology for General Motors Corporation on its Corporate Finance Staff, and for Electronic Data Systems as an Operations Manager.
David is also known for the articles he authored for Technology and the Law, a supplement to the Great Lakes IT Report published electronically by Matt Roush (WWJ 950). In addition, some of Davidâs articles have been published in the Automation Alley newsletters, the Detroiter and the Michigan Bar Journal.
David is actively involved with the Family Law and Probate and Estate Planning Certificated Programs offered by Institute of Continuing Legal Education (ICLE). David participates in continuing education to stay current on family law, business law, real estate and estate planning/probate issues that affect his clients. David has received his Certificate of Completion for the Probate & Estate Planning Certificate Program offered by ICLE and the Probate & Estate Planning Section of the State Bar of Michigan.
- Elder Law
- Estate Planning
- Guardianship & Conservatorship Estate Administration, Health Care Directives, Trusts, Wills
- Probate Administration, Probate Litigation, Will Contests
- Nursing Home Abuse
- Business Law
- Business Contracts, Business Dissolution, Business Finance, Business Formation, Business Litigation, Franchising, Mergers & Acquisitions, Partnership & Shareholder Disputes
- Landlord Tenant
- Evictions, Housing Discrimination, Landlord Rights, Rent Control, Tenants' Rights
- Collaborative Law, Contested Divorce, Military Divorce, Property Division, Same Sex Divorce, Spousal Support & Alimony, Uncontested Divorce
- Medicaid Planning
- Special Needs Planning
- English: Spoken, Written
- Pepper Hamilton
- Practiced within the firm’s Corporate and Securities and Real Estate Practice Groups – concentration includes the areas of general corporate law, mergers and acquisitions, estate planning, franchising, real estate, employment, entertainment law, technology, and commercial transactions. Drafted and reviewed contracts, licenses, easements, purchase agreements, leases, powers of attorney, foreclosure documents, entity formation documents (including nonprofit and 501(c)(3) applications) and other documents related to business planning and contract negotiation. Provided startup, emerging, established and growing companies with the resources to navigate through project financing, licensing agreements, HR and intellectual property concerns, as well as state and federal regulatory compliance. Advised and counseled clients in real estate transactions whether the client is buying, selling, financing, developing, or managing real estate. Guided companies involved in technology issues such as privacy, trademark, copyright, right of publicity, licensing agreements, IP protection, security, e-commerce and software licensing compliance.
- Raymond & Prokop
- Legal and tax advisory services firm, practicing in corporate and commercial law, securities, banking and lending, real estate, commercial litigation, tax law, employee benefits plans, trusts, estates, health care, computer law, labor and employment.
- University of Detroit Mercy School of Law
- J.D. (2003)
- Activities: Law Review, Moot Court, American Inns of Court, Student Bar Association Treasurer and 1L Representative, and Left (off) Wing for the UDM School of Law Hockey Team
- Michigan State Bar  # 63722
- Center for Senior Planning
- Activities: http://www.centerforseniorplanning.com/ Planning for: (1) Retirement, (2) Distributions after retirement, (3) Your Children, and (4) Elimination or minimization of taxes on your estate. The Center for Senior Planning provides services for Senior Citizens and for individuals mapping out and executing their plans for retirement. The Center employs CPA's, financial planners and attorneys that provide the following services: funding trusts, distributions, real estate conversion, guaranteed income and bill paying.
- Elder Law and Disability Rights Section of the State Bar of Michigan
- - Current
- Sterling Heights Chamber of Commerce
- Activities: http://www.suscc.com/
- Beware of the Watchdog: Responding to the Business Software Alliance
- Michigan Bar Journal
- Probate & Estate Planning Certificate
- issued by the Institute of Continuing Legal Education and the Probate and Estate Planning Section of the State Bar of Michigan
There are no recently viewed profiles.
There are no saved profiles.
There are no profiles to compare.