Dan Dougherty served 23 years as both an Army and Air Force pilot. He flew Army helicopters in Vietnam and Air Force cargo planes during Desert Shield/Desert Storm. His final AF assignment was as Chief of the branch at the Air Force’s Safety Center conducting and managing aircraft accident investigations and associated AF-wide flight safety programs. After retirement, he became a business owner and consultant to business entities and the Air Force teaching week-long seminars on behavioral safety programs; and also did several accident investigations for both plaintiff and defendant law firms. In 1998, he was accepted into the University of New Mexico School of Law. In civil law, He defended medical device manufacturers; handled unemployment compensation and medical service denials before administrative bodies; and performed several business transactions for corporate clients. He has also assisted in a class action suit and three cases before the 10th Circuit Court of Appeals. Additionally, many times he prepared all documents involved in complex litigation several times. As the State’s Attorney’s Wicomico County, MD, Gang Resistance and Exile director, he prosecuted gun and gang crimes and became recognized state-wide for his gang prosecutions. As a Deputy District Attorney in Luna, County, NM, he was the dedicated narcotics prosecutor in District. He accomplished almost 200% of predicted Federal drug trafficking conviction goals and increased narcotics convictions by almost 250% in his first year. As a Deputy District Attorney in Doña Anna County, NM, he served as an attorney supervisor and felony crimes prosecutor. He prepared a murder case against eight members of the Syndicato Nuevo Mexico prison gang who ordered and carried out sanctioned murder. The case was assumed by U.S. Attorney for the District of New Mexico to be tried as a racketeering case. He has now entered into his own sole-practitioner practice handling a variety of causes.
- Arbitration & Mediation
- Business Law
- Elder Law
- Employment Law
- Legal Malpractice
- Estate Planning
- Gov & Administrative Law
- Insurance Defense
- Real Estate Law
- Outfitter & Guide Defense
- Free Consultation
I will meet with you or converse telephonically to discuss your case.
- Contingent Fees
Thirty (30) percent of settlement PLUS costs involved during litigation. Fifty (50 percent of judgment award for cases proceeding to trial PLUS costs involved in litigation.
- Rates, Retainers and Additional Information
My goal is to bill by the task rather than by the hour in order to allow a client to plan his or her costs for legal services.
- New Mexico
- University of New Mexico
- J.D. (2000) | Law
- Activities: • President of School Chapter and Student Representative to the American Bar Association. • President of School Chapter and Member, Christian Legal Society. • Member, Association of Trial Lawyers of America, Albuquerque Bar Association, and Phi Delta Phi.
- University of Texas - El Paso
- M.A. (1979) | Political Science, Public Law
- University of Texas - El Paso
- B.S. (1977) | Criminal Justice
- Honors: • Scholastic Honors each semester. • Member Alpha Chi, Honors Fraternity. • Group Commander, AFROTC. • Distinguished Graduate, AFROTC. • Recipient of Daughters of the American Revolution Medal and National Sojourners Medal.