(617) 951-7260Tap to Call This Lawyer
Daniel O'ConnorUpdate your profile now! Ropes & Gray
- Business Law
- Massachusetts, New York, U.S. Patent and Trademark Office
- Business Law
Additional Practice Areas
- General Civil
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
- New York
- U.S. Patent and Trademark Office
- Ropes & Gray
- Prior to re-joining Ropes Gray in 2008, Dan was Senior Trial Counsel at the SEC where he handled prosecutions and investigations of corporate entities and individuals for civil and criminal violations of federal securities laws, including: various accounting and reporting fraud schemes, fraud by hedge funds and other investment advisers, Foreign Corrupt Practices Act issues, market manipulation, and broker-dealer fraud and failure to supervise. Dan served as lead trial counsel in numerous matters in courts across the country, successfully trying four cases to verdict. Dan received the Chairman’s Award for Excellence in 2007. Dan also interacted with and attained operating knowledge of major foreign and domestic regulatory bodies. Before going to the SEC in 2004, Dan was a senior associate with Ropes Gray, which he joined after graduating law school in 1996. While at the firm, Dan represented mutual fund advisors, fund companies and broker dealers in connection with market timing, late trading and revenue sharing investigations; directed the efforts of 100+ lawyers and accountants in the worldwide internal investigation and SEC/DOJ inquiry into alleged accounting fraud and internal controls violations at a NYSE technology company; represented an international hedge fund in SEC and FSA inquiries into market manipulation; and represented various corporations in complex commercial litigations.
- Boston College Law Review
- summa cum laude, Executive Editor
- United States Naval Academy
- Mechanical Engineering, with Merit
Websites & Blogs
Contact & Map
There are no recently viewed profiles.
There are no saved profiles.
There are no profiles to compare.