Free Consultation: (503) 967-3996Tap to Call This Lawyer
Daniel DiCicco

Daniel DiCicco

Business Litigation and Counsel in Southeast Portland
  • Business Law, Employment Law, Criminal Law...
  • Oregon
Review This Lawyer
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&ALII GoldSocial MediaResponsive Law

Daniel DiCicco is a Portland Business Attorney providing full-service legal support including Litigation and Transactional work. Contracts, Business Formation, Capital Raises, and Litigation.

Every successful business will one day face the reality that relationships can go south in a hurry. Partnerships dissolve, employees become disgruntled, vendors can cheat you, and contracts can go unfulfilled. And of course, there are always people out there looking to make a quick buck by filing a bogus law suit against your company.

When that happens, you need an attorney with the experience, skill, and energy to defend your business and to proactively pursue and enforce your rights. Daniel DiCicco is a respected and skilled trial attorney with extensive business litigation experience. His software engineering background gives him unique insight into advising technology companies, but he is just as comfortable representing your Mom & Pop business as he is representing your tech start-up.

We offer fair and competitive rates and always offer free consultations. We're eager to learn about your business and your goals. If you need to file or defend a lawsuit, then we are the fighters you're looking for to ensure the continued stable operation of your business. We can meet you on short notice. Just pick up the phone and give us a ring.

Practice Areas
  • Business Law
  • Employment Law
  • Criminal Law
  • Family Law
  • Free Consultation
  • Credit Cards Accepted
  • Rates, Retainers and Additional Information
    Our base rate for legal work is $250 per hour. If your business is facing a lengthy legal dispute then we can work with you on a bulk rate that will allow us to see the case through to the end.
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
  • English
Professional Experience
The DiCicco Law Firm, LLC
- Current
Representing businesses and individuals with serious civil and criminal disputes
Senior Technical Project Manager
Bad Rabbit Consulting
Zero Sum Games
CLS Prosecutor
Multnomah County District Attorney
Prosecution internship.
Software Engineer
Northrop Grumman Corporation
Lewis & Clark Law School
J.D. (2007) | Law
National Mock Trial Team Student Government
Lewis & Clark Law School Logo
Georgetown University
B.S. (2004) | Computer Science, Criminal Forensics
Integrated Engineering and Law Program
Georgetown University Logo
Responsive Law
Top Contributor
Professional Associations
Oregon State Bar # 073730
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Oregon Trial Lawyers Association
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Multnomah Bar Association
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Articles & Publications
Guide to Private Placements
DiCicco Legal
Oregon Contracts
DiCicco Legal
Oregon Family Law
DiCicco Legal
Oregon White Collar Crime
DiCicco Legal
Speaking Engagements
Constitutional Law, Classroom Law Project
Keynote - The Business of Video Games, Oregon Game Project Challenge
Websites & Blogs
DiCicco Legal Website
Legal Answers
37 Questions Answered

Q. Wedding photography business licensed in Washington and registered in Oregon. Do I need any other licenses in Oregon?
A: It sounds like you are good to go. Good luck. Also - buy some insurance, and talk to a lawyer about your independent contractor and customer contracts. All of this can save you headaches in the future.
Q. Divorcing in Oregon after 10 year marriage. My wife purchased home 5 years before we married. Am I entitled to equity?
A: Short answer: yes. There is a presumption of equal contribution to marital assets. You might look at the equity in the home at the time of the marriage, and set that aside for her. All of the equity growth since that point would be looked at as marital property.
Q. a Statutory Bargain and Sale Agreement includes this sentence: "Members of the XXXX families and their heirs shall be
A: Probably unenforceable due to the Rule Against Perpetuities but it’s very rare for that to come up outside of the estates and trusts arena. Would need to look deeper to know for sure.
Q. Her lawyer states I'm not entitled to spousal support, even though her income is 6 times more than mine?
A: It's perfectly reasonable for you to petition for spousal support given the length of the marriage and the disparity in income. You would likely be successful in seeking an award. Attorney fees are generally granted when someone stakes out a dumb or unreasonable position and wastes everyone's time. You need to get yourself a family lawyer.
Q. Can a plaintiff in a civil lawsuit transfer the suit to someone else?
A: Short answer: you can do this. Long answer: it’s complicated to do this and how to go about it it all depends on what’s going on.
Q. Can the Subcontractor present a contract for the General Contractor to sign? Haven't seen any such contracts online.
A: You can feel free to make any contract you want. By and large there are no rules about what you can or can’t write down and agree to in a contract. A lawyer can draft a simple contract for $500 or so in most cases.
Q. My employer is requiring that I work in the future following my two weeks.
A: Allow me to answer with a technical response: “lol.” Slavery has been out-lawed for some time now, and no one can force you to work. What are they going to do - fire you? You already quit. If you’re worried about future references then maybe that will be a problem in the future, but they can’t require you to stay on. If I were you I might try to negotiate for more money to stay on that week.
Q. What contract should I use for a group of individuals and LLC's together, investing in a 1 time Joint Venture project?
A: You absolutely need to involve an attorney in this process and get a custom contract together. There is no off-the-shelf solution to this kind of arrangement. The greater the risk and the more complicated the arrangement, the more you will need a custom solution for your legal infrastructure. Something else you need to consider is that raising money for a venture is full of pitfalls and potential gotchas. The way to move forward is to create a business entity that makes sense for the venture and to create a well-defined operating agreement (a contract, essentially) that defines everyone's rights and duties.
Q. Can I legally use a personal type (non-business) bank account to pay my business bills and make deposits into?
A: There is no legal requirement per se. Do you have a legal business entity like an LLC? If you do have an LLC then and you have concerns that perhaps one day you could be involved in a law suit, then I would want to keep my personal and business funds separate. However, if you're just running a mom-n-pop business, then you can do whatever you want. There's no law saying you need a certain type of bank account.
Click here to see all answers
Contact & Map
DiCicco Law Firm at River Park Center
205 SE Spokane St, #337
Portland, OR 97202
Telephone: (503) 967-3996