Free Consultation: (815) 255-4695Tap to Call This Lawyer
Cynthia Rote

Cynthia Rote

Combining Experience with Efficient & Effective Legal Solution
  • Divorce, Business Law, Family Law...
  • Illinois, Wisconsin
Review This Lawyer
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&ALII GoldSocial MediaResponsive Law

Cynthia Rote spent 14 years litigating in Chicago before returning to her hometown and opening her own practice. During her time in Chicago Cynthia honed her litigation, family law, business law, real estate and appellate skills and looks forward to using those skills on behalf of her clients at Integrate Legal.

Cynthia is authorized to practice law in both Illinois and Wisconsin and is a member of the federal trial bar.

Why Integrate Legal? Cynthia believes that the key to legal success requires the integration of experience with effective and efficient legal solutions. This is what Cynthia will bring to her clients at Integrate Legal, PC.

Practice Areas
  • Divorce
  • Business Law
  • Family Law
  • Employment Law
  • Appeals & Appellate
  • Real Estate Law
Additional Practice Areas
  • Litigation
  • Child Custody
  • Business Divorce
  • Free Consultation
    Free 30 minute case consultation.
  • Credit Cards Accepted
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
Supreme Court of Illinois
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
Wisconsin Court System
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
  • English: Spoken, Written
Chicago-Kent College of Law, Illinois Institute of Technology
J.D. (2005)
Chicago-Kent College of Law, Illinois Institute of Technology Logo
Professional Associations
State Bar of Illinois
Placeholder image for professional associations.
American Bar Association
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Legal Answers
9 Questions Answered

Q. My ex has not paid half of health insurance for one of our children as stated in the divorce. How can i get him to pay?
A: Send written correspondence to your ex - via email (or the app that you agreed to use) telling your ex that they have not paid it for x months, they owe x amount to get current and needs to pay x amount monthly (or whatever the schedule for payment is). Advise your ex that if you do not get payment by x date you will file a Motion for to Compel payment with the Court and ask the court to make him pay the amount due and make him pay an extra fee to sanction him for failing to comply with the order. If he doesn't pay, file the motion.
Q. He was left a hefty inheritance so he quit working and now his children are doing without. Can he get by with this?
A: The mother should go to Court and ask for an order modifying child support and a judgment on any past due child support. The Court may consider the inheritance in ordering a lump sum child support payment or other monthly payment (especially if the father is living off an interest from the inheritance). In addition, if the mother hires an attorney she may be able to make father pay all or some of her attorney's fees.
Q. I have sole custody and non custodial parent has absolutely no visitation for about 7 years can I move
A: If you are moving out of state or further than 25 miles you must provide notice to the other parent, obtain signature of that parent and file a notice with the Court at least 60 days before you move. If you cannot get a signature of the parent you must file a Petition with the Court seeking permission to relocate.
Q. Need guidance with creation of Series LLC in Illinois. Need to put 3 rental properties in this.
A: Yes. Go to the Illinois Secretary of State's website, business services division and you can find a lot of information there on how to create Series LLCs. There are certain steps you should take after creating them. For example, you will need a separate operating agreement for all of them, separate bank accounts, etc. You may want to reach out to an attorney to assist you. Good luck!
Q. my question is case has been pending in the appellate court for more than three years and it is still pending.
A: It is unusual for a case to be pending in the Appellate Court for this amount of time. If it is a complicated case there may be a reason for this. However, you may want to call the Appellate Court Clerk's office to inquire about the status to ensure that an order was not entered; it is possible that an order was entered and you did not receive it. If the case is still pending and there has been no action on the case for a significant amount of time you could consider filing a filing a motion with the Appellate Court requesting an Order be entered. More details would be necessary to determine the appropriate path forward and you should consider consulting with an attorney. *This response is for general purposes only and does not establish an attorney-client relationship, nor should it be considered legal advice.
Q. what are the statue of limitations on a civil case on appeal in illinois
A: If you are asking how long you have to appeal a final judgment the answer is 30 days. You must file your Notice of Appeal within 30 days of the final judgment.
Q. how do I get the child support payments lowered due to my income has decreased cause I switched jobs in ILL
A: You will have to file a Motion to Modify support alleging that a substantial change in your income has occurred. Courts do not believe that all decreases in income are a substantial change, so if your income only decreased by a small amount you may not be able to decrease your payments. In addition, the Court may inquire as to why you switched jobs to ensure that you did not voluntarily lower your income for a reason it deems improper. You should also be aware that the Court will not lower support payments for any time before you file the Motion, therefore, if your income decreased significantly you should file asap to ensure that you are not stuck with making payments for the period between when you changed jobs and filed your Motion. *This response is for general purposes and should not be considered legal advice.
Q. Can I require an employee to provide a Doctors excuse when they call off work for a sickness/injury?
A: You can do this, however, you should ensure that you are not singling this employee out. If you have an employee handbook you should consider updating the handbook to ensure that this policy is applied to all of your employees and not a single employee. If you do not have an employee handbook you should still make sure that you are creating a new policy so that this particular employee cannot allege that you somehow discriminated against them by only requiring them to provide documentation. *This response is for general purposes only and does not establish an attorney-client relationship, nor should it be considered legal advice.
Q. An LLC was formed in one state then dissolved. Later, the same principals formed a new LLC with the same product in
A: This depends on how the LLC was dissolved. If it was done correctly through an Assignment for the Benefit of Creditors or through the proper dissolution process the LLC and its owners may have protected themselves. However, if they did not assign a value to the intellectual property at dissolution and did not correctly dissolve there may be issues for the investors to exploit. Unfortunately, it is impossible to answer this question without seeing the relevant LLC documents and investor agreements. *This response is for general purposes only and does not establish an attorney-client relationship, nor should it be considered legal advice.
Click here to see all answers
Contact & Map
Integrate Legal, PC
12533 Wagon Wheel Road
Rockton, IL 61072
Telephone: (815) 255-4695