Free Consultation: (612) 231-9865Tap to Call This Lawyer
Profile Image Placeholder

Corwin Kruse

Kruse Family Law: Because Families Matter
  • Family Law, Divorce
  • Minnesota
Review This Lawyer
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&ASocial MediaResponsive Law

Corwin R. Kruse, Esq.


J.D., William Mitchell College of Law, St. Paul, Minnesota, magna cum laude
Editor: William Mitchell Law Review

M.A., Pennsylvania State University, University Park, Pennsylvania
Major: Sociology

B.S., University of Iowa, Iowa City, Iowa
Honors: Dean's List
Major: Sociology

B.B.A., University of South Dakota, Vermillion, SD.

Honors: Dean's List

Major: Business Administration


Minnesota, 2004

U.S. District Court, District of Minnesota, 2005


Katz & Manka, Ltd., Family Law Attorney, 2010-2019

William Mitchell College of Law, Adjunct Professor, 2005-2016

Dorsey & Whitney LLP, Associate, 2005-2009

Minnesota Court of Appeals, Judicial Law Clerk to the Honorable Jill Flaskamp Halbrooks, 2004-2005


Practice Areas
    Family Law
    Adoption, Child Custody, Child Support, Father's Rights, Guardianship & Conservatorship, Paternity, Prenups & Marital Agreements, Restraining Orders, Same Sex Family Law
    Collaborative Law, Contested Divorce, Military Divorce, Property Division, Same Sex Divorce, Spousal Support & Alimony, Uncontested Divorce
  • Free Consultation
  • Credit Cards Accepted
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
Minnesota Supreme Court
ID Number: 0334418
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
Professional Associations
State Bar of Minnesota  # 0334418
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Websites & Blogs
Kruse Family Law, PLLC website
Kruse Family Law Blog
Legal Answers
39 Questions Answered
Q. My ex and I were never married and we both want to do 50/50 with our two kids.
A: You can jointly petition the court to establish custody, parenting time, and child support. If paternity has not been adjudicated, you need to include that in your petition. Daycare is one element of child support, as is insurance, and would be divided between you. You can get a presumptive number by going to the Minnesota Child Support Calculator. See also
Q. In Minnesota do I have any rights as an unmarried partner to any money I have contributed to my partners home
A: It is possible that you could have a claim, but it would not be in the family courts. If you have evidence of the payments, you *might* be able to prove your claim in civil court. It is also possible, however, that the payments could be viewed as “rent” in exchange for living there.
Q. Do you have to buy out an ex from a martial home or can he give you his half?
A: The two of you can divide property pretty much any way you wish (within reason). There is no requirement that one party “buy out” the other’s share of a home, or that property division be equal. Generally, one party might take other property (stocks, retirement, etc) in lieu of his/her share of equity, but this isn’t a hard and fast rule.
View More Answers
Contact & Map
Kruse Family Law
4401 Upton Ave. S.
Telephone: (612) 231-9865
Monday: 9 AM - 4 PM
Tuesday: 9 AM - 4 PM (Today)
Wednesday: 9 AM - 4 PM
Thursday: 9 AM - 4 PM
Friday: 9 AM - 4 PM
Saturday: Closed
Sunday: Closed
Toggle tool

There are no recently viewed profiles.

There are no saved profiles.

There are no profiles to compare.