Mr. Christopher Davis specializes in employment-related trial matters and class actions on behalf of both employers and employees. This includes but is not limited to claims of discrimination, retaliation, FMLA violations, wrongful termination, benefits & vacation pay, FLSA violations such as unpaid & overtime wages, severance agreements, and sexual harassment. For employers, our practice handles issues such as litigation defense, handbook & contract drafting, compliance & HR advisory services, small business services, and startup services. Contact our lawyers below for these legal services and others.
During his career, Mr. Davis has served as class counsel on numerous nationwide employment class actions and has tried nearly 20 cases to verdict. Mr. Davis has been recognized by the press as an experienced trial attorney and employment law expert. He is regularly interviewed by print and television media outlets around the world, including The Associated Press, The Shriver Report, and CNN En Español.
Mr. Davis began his career as an Assistant District Attorney in the esteemed Manhattan District Attorneys’ office under then-District Attorney Robert Morgenthau. After winning numerous trials, he was appointed to the Sex Crimes Unit where he prosecuted and tried serious violent felonies, including rape and attempted murder cases.
In private practice since 2006, Mr. Davis has worked for numerous employment law firms, including Thompson, Wigdor & Gilly, LLP (now Wigdor LLP), before starting his own law firm in 2014.
Mr. Davis holds a Bachelor of Arts from the College of the Holy Cross, where he received Dean’s List Honors and a Juris Doctor from Catholic University’s Columbus School of Law.
- Employment Law
- Free Consultation
- Credit Cards Accepted
- Contingent Fees
If you don’t win, we don’t get paid — The majority of our employee cases are paid on a contingent fee basis.
- New York
- New York State Office of Court Administration
- ID Number: 4068680
- Founding Partner
- The Law Office of Christopher Q. Davis
- - Current
- Founding Partner of a boutique law firm representing employees and employers in all employment law disputes, employment-related consultation, and employment contract/handbook drafting. We represent clients in matters involving unpaid overtime and other wages, discrimination and harassment, wrongful termination, retaliation, whistleblowing, financial industry bonus disputes, breaches of contract, partnership disputes, and fiduciary duty violations, and severance negotiations. We are committed to solutions and not ideologies - we seek honest clients with good faith concerns committed to finding working solutions. We pursue our client's goals with unmatched skill, commitment, and determination, whether in court, at trial, or at the negotiation table. We make house calls and regularly meet with clients at their offices, in the community, or in their houses to discuss recommended legal advice, draft workplace policies and contracts, or simply discuss goals. We want to know what your needs are as a potential client - if the goals are reasonably obtainable, we will pursue your ideal solution relentlessly and without primary regard for our financial interests or ideals as your attorneys
- Stoll, Glickman, & Bellina LLP
- Managing Partner of firm's plaintiff's-side employment litigation practice. Lead counsel on federal discrimination, whistleblower and overtime class action lawsuits.
- The Ottinger Firm
- Managed New York office for plaintiff's-side employment law firm specializing in overtime class actions and wall street bonus disputes. Lead counsel in multiple class actions.
- Thompson Wigdor
- Senior Associate for plaintiff's-side employment litigation firm.
- Assistant District Attorney
- Manhattan District Attorney's Office
- Felony prosecutor in the Sex Crimes Unit. Substantial trial experience, including trials involving allegations of rape and attempted murder.
- The Catholic University of America Columbus School of Law
- College of the Holy Cross
- Honors: Dean's List
- Super Lawyer
- FindLaw: Super Lawyers
- Christopher Davis is an attorney who represents clients in the New York, New York area. Christopher Davis is recognized by peers and was selected to Super Lawyers for 2019. This selection is based on an evaluation of 12 indicators including peer recognition and professional achievement in legal practice. Being selected to Super Lawyers is limited to a small number of attorneys in each state. As one of the few attorneys to garner the distinction of Super Lawyers, Christopher Davis has earned the respect of peers as one of the top-rated attorneys in the nation.
- Super Lawyer
- FindLaw: Super Lawyers
- Christopher Davis is an attorney who represents clients in the New York, New York area. Christopher Davis is recognized by peers and was selected to Super Lawyers for 2017. This selection is based off of an evaluation of 12 indicators including peer recognition and professional achievement in legal practice. Being selected to Super Lawyers is limited to a small number of attorneys in each state. As one of the few attorneys to garner the distinction of Super Lawyers, Christopher Davis has earned the respect of peers as one of the top-rated attorneys in the nation.
- Top Lawyer
- The Global Whos Who
- The Global Directory of Who's Who publishes an annual hard cover biographical registry, honoring successful individuals in the fields of Business, the Arts and Sciences, Law, Engineering and Government. Based on one's position and lifetime of accomplishments, we honor professional men and women in all academic areas and professions. Inclusion is limited to individuals who have demonstrated leadership and achievement in their occupation, industry or profession.
- New York State Bar # 4068680
- New York City Bar Association
- American Arbitration Association