Founded in 2000, The Law Office of Christine Troy provides high quality legal services to all clients. Christine Troy is an experienced attorney, practicing exclusively in the area of Immigration and Naturalization Law, with a special emphasis on green cards through employment and marriage/family and work visas. Ms. Troy provides personalized and responsive service to each of her clients to ensure each client is satisfied with the quality of legal work and attention received.
Ms Troy was admitted to the California State Bar in December 1999. She is admitted to practice before the California Supreme Court and the Federal Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals. Ms Troy is also an active member of the American Immigration Lawyers Association.
Ms Troy received her law degree from the University of California, Hastings College of the Law. She was a member of the Womenâs Law Journal, volunteered at the General Assistance Advocacy Project and completed the Hastings Civil Justice Clinic program. Ms. Troy received her Bachelorâs degree in government and minor in womenâs studies at Beloit College, Beloit, Wisconsin in 1992, graduating cum laude.
The Law Office of Christine Troy achieves a very high success rate on behalf of clients and all aspects of each case are handled directly by Christine Troy (unlike large firms that hand most cases off to paralegals). Many immigration cases face unforeseen legal obstacles, and the application process is often stressful on you, your family and your employer. In order to minimize this stress, all procedures, options, problems and recommendations are explained and discussed up front. As a result of our thorough, hands-on approach, our office has had great success obtaining green cards and visas for applicants, even when other legal offices had told them there was no solution.
Representation for all cases includes:
* An in-depth initial consultation to discuss:
* The unique facts of your case
* The pros and cons of all available immigration options
* Step-by-step explanation of the process
* Potential legal problems and how to correct them before filing an application with DHS
* Thorough legal analysis and research to ensure the application meets all federal requirements
* Drafting of all legal forms, employer letters and other letters of support
* Preparation and submission of the immigration application and related documents
* Monitoring the application status, including investigating delays and notifying you of any appointments
* Conducting a practice interview with you before your final immigration appointment
* Answering your questions and concerns throughout the process
We have extensive experience in identifying and addressing a variety of potential legal problems including:
* Unlawful presence
* Unlawful entry
* Dual intent
* Unauthorized employment
* Criminal arrests
* Failure to file required federal taxes
* Public charge issues
* Failure to maintain prior immigration status
* Fraud or misrepresentation in prior immigration applications
* Incorrect social security numbers and cards
If you think you need a lawyer to handle your immigration issues, please contact our office and we will arrange a consultation to discuss your options. Our office can help guide you through the various legal processes and resolve any issues regarding your case.
- Immigration Law
- Credit Cards Accepted
All credit cards, and personal checks. Payment plans can be established, flat fees.
- University of California Hastings College of Law
- Juris Doctor (1999) | General Assistance Advocacy Project, Hastings Civil Justice Clinic, Women's Law Journal
- Beloit College
- Bachelors Degree (1992) | Focused on Political Science and Women's Studies.
- Honors: Cum Laude
- California State Bar # 206269
- - Current