Free Consultation: (914) 902-3325Tap to Call This Lawyer
Christine Moccia

Christine Moccia

Law Office of Christine Moccia
  • Divorce, Family Law
  • New York
Review This Lawyer
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&ASocial Media

I have worked in the area of divorce and family law for over 20 years. Each client presents a unique challenge to me and deserves representation that meets his or her individual needs. I am a graduate of Fordham Law School and a seasoned litigator, advocate, and negotiator. I have practiced in the areas of family law, divorce, the division of marital assets, child support, custody, spousal support, and pension allocation. I have appeared before Justices of the Supreme Court and Family Court in the counties of Westchester, Putnam, Dutchess, Orange, Ulster and Sullivan, and have argued before the Appellate Division and Appellate Term. My background ensures that my clients get the best representation in and out of Court. I am an advocate and communicator who promotes my client's position. These skills are key to a successful outcome.

Practice Areas
  • Divorce
  • Family Law
  • Free Consultation
    I offer a free one-half hour consultation. However, if I feel that your situation calls for a longer consult, I will suggest a one-hour consult for which I charge $250.
  • Rates, Retainers and Additional Information
    I am associated with ARAG legal services. Please check with your employer's human resources department.
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
New York
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
Professional Experience
Law Office of Christine Moccia
- Current
Fordham University School of Law
Honors: Dean's List
Fordham University School of Law Logo
Pace University
B.A. (1986) | Communications
Honors: Magna Cum Laude
Pace University Logo
Professional Associations
Hyatt Legal Plans
Network Attorney
- Current
Placeholder image for professional associations.
ARAG Legal Plan
Network attorney
- Current
Placeholder image for professional associations.
New York State Bar # 2490589
- Current
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Websites & Blogs
Legal Answers
54 Questions Answered

Q. How easy can I can a divorce and if there anything I need to consider before doing so?
A: If you can agree on the terms of your divorce and bring that to a qualified attorney, your separation agreement can be written based on your agreement. But you need to account for child support, division of assets, and maintenance if that is a factor in your economic picture.
Q. i have not seen my wife in over 15 yrs and dont know where she is how can I divorce her? we have no children no property
A: Yes you can still divorce her.
Q. I have two children in college: son (22), senior daughter (21) a junior
A: Depends on what your agreement says. Check the provision for emancipation event.
Q. What to do when I'm not receiving alimony
A: You should consult another family law attorney to assist you.
Q. My ex-husband worked for NYS Department of Corrections, he retired January 2019.
A: If you have a judgment of divorce, trying sending it to the retirement fund
Q. How can i obtain free legal advice / direction, regarding a divorce with a small child involved?
A: Email me about this. If you cannot afford an attorney in NY there are resources that may be available to you.
Q. What is better in the long run in order to get the most of the marital assets?
A: The retirement accounts will only be divided from 2015 (date of marriage) until the date an action is commenced for divorce. You will probably not get any spousal support.
Q. Hi, can you please let me know what best and worst case scinerios are for child support and spousal support in New York?
A: Under New York law (I noticed you sent your question from New Jersey), there is a statute that guides the courts in fixing child support. If you are the custodial parent, you will receive basic support based on those guidelines and child support add-ons based on the pro rata division between you and your spouse.
Q. Do I request to vacate a divorce settlement agreement by order to show cause or by plenary action? Judgement not signed
A: I believe the agreement will be binding unless you can show you entered into it under duress or were somehow incapacitated when you signed it. If you move to "vacate" or set aside the agreement, your ex will probably file a judgment of divorce and request a signed judgment incorporating the agreement. But of course you should consult a qualified attorney to discuss this matter. I cannot provide advice in this manner. Good luck .
Click here to see all answers
Contact & Map
Main Office
800 Westchester Avenue
Suite N-307
Rye Brook, NY 10753
Cell: (914) 902-3325
Additional Offices
297 Knollwood Road
White Plains, NY 10601
Cell: (914) 902-3325