We are a law firm helping people to reduce student loans and other debts, including filing bankruptcy if necessary. Don't believe others who say nothing can be done about student loans - we are seeing fantastic results every day! I was formerly trial counsel for Sallie Mae and other student loan servicers in bankruptcy dischargeability cases. I "switched sides" and now represent student loan borrowers and other debtors both inside and outside of bankruptcy. Since getting rid of student loans is so difficult in bankruptcy, we have had to get creative in finding ways to reduce the debt to affordable and sustainable payments with an end in sight.
- Foreclosure Defense
- Student Loan Litigation Defense
- Free Consultation
- Credit Cards Accepted
Accept all major credit cards.
- Contingent Fees
Contingent fees and costs available for most consumer protection lawsuits such as FDCPA, FCCPA and TCPA actions.
- United States District Court for the Northern Districts of Florida
- United States District Court for the Southern Districts of Florida
- United States District Court for the Middle Districts of Florida
- Christie D. Arkovich, P.A.
- Stetson University College of Law
- Honors: Cum Laude
- Activities: Stetson Law Review; State Attorney internship with Hillsborough County and clerked for the Florida Bar.
- Super Lawyer - Bankruptcy
- Florida Super Lawyers
- Tampa Bay’s Top Attorneys
- Tampa Bay Magazine
- Hillsborough County Bar Association
- American Bankruptcy Institute
- National Association of Consumer Bankruptcy Attorneys
- Tampa Bay Bankruptcy Bar Association
- National Association of Employment Attorneys
- National Association of Consumer Advocates
- Christie D. Arkovich's Website Profile
- Christie D. Arkovich, P.A. Website
- Tampa Bankruptcy Lawyer Blog
- Are Those Pesky Student Loans or Other Debt Hanging on Despite a Settlement or Bankruptcy?
21 February 2020
- Will President Trump Eliminate Public Service Student Loan Forgiveness?
20 February 2020
- Filing Bankruptcy for a Small Business?
7 February 2020
- Discharging Taxes in Bankruptcy Just Got Easier for Florida Debtors
29 January 2020
- Register for ABI webinar tomorrow! Fresh Start, Not False Start: How New Bankruptcy Student Loan Programs are Tackling Student Loan Debt
22 January 2020
- Chocolate Treasure Chest!
22 December 2019
- Festive Bookends…
22 December 2019
- Do You Need a Student Loan Attorney? Despite What The DOE Says — YES!
15 December 2019
- Tampa E-Scooters Accident Rates Soar: Five Steps to Take if you’re Injured Using an E-Scooter
18 November 2019
- Q. I inherited property that I did not know about, and therefore never paid the mortgage or received any notifications
- A: You should retain a foreclosure defense attorney who can file a response with the court on your behalf and gain you some time. That attorney can help determine what is owed on the property, and if there are any other liens other than the mortgage. If the property is worth less than what is owed, you may not have any interest in saving or selling. If it has equity though, there are various options you can take to preserve any inheritance.