We are a law firm helping people to reduce student loans and other debts, including filing bankruptcy if necessary. Don't believe others who say nothing can be done about student loans - we are seeing fantastic results every day! I was formerly trial counsel for Sallie Mae and other student loan servicers in bankruptcy dischargeability cases. I "switched sides" and now represent student loan borrowers and other debtors both inside and outside of bankruptcy. Since getting rid of student loans is so difficult in bankruptcy, we have had to get creative in finding ways to reduce the debt to affordable and sustainable payments with an end in sight.
- Foreclosure Defense
- Student Loan Litigation Defense
- Free Consultation
- Credit Cards Accepted
Accept all major credit cards.
- Contingent Fees
Contingent fees and costs available for most consumer protection lawsuits such as FDCPA, FCCPA and TCPA actions.
- United States District Court for the Northern Districts of Florida
- United States District Court for the Southern Districts of Florida
- United States District Court for the Middle Districts of Florida
- Christie D. Arkovich, P.A.
- Stetson University College of Law
- Honors: Cum Laude
- Activities: Stetson Law Review; State Attorney internship with Hillsborough County and clerked for the Florida Bar.
- Super Lawyer - Bankruptcy
- Florida Super Lawyers
- Tampa Bay’s Top Attorneys
- Tampa Bay Magazine
- Hillsborough County Bar Association
- American Bankruptcy Institute
- National Association of Consumer Bankruptcy Attorneys
- Tampa Bay Bankruptcy Bar Association
- National Association of Employment Attorneys
- National Association of Consumer Advocates
- Christie D. Arkovich's Website Profile
- Christie D. Arkovich, P.A. Website
- Tampa Bankruptcy Lawyer Blog
- FHA Mortgages Have a Built-In Mechanism to Prevent Unnecessary Foreclosures
12 December 2018
- How to Make a Debt Collector Cease Collection Calls and Efforts
11 December 2018
- Is the Federal Student Loan Program at Risk of Being Dismantled?
10 December 2018
- Do I Have a Right to Demand Validation of a Debt?
9 December 2018
- Robocalls – Telemarketers or Debt Collectors Calling Cell Phones – How to Stop the Calls!
7 December 2018
- Employers Starting to Take Up the Slack to Communicate Options to Alleviate Student Loan Crisis
7 December 2018
- What to do if you don’t know who to believe about your student loan options.
6 December 2018
- How to Discharge Private Student Loans In Bankruptcy!
16 November 2018
- Military VETS are being unfairly denied for Public Service Loan Forgiveness (PSLF)
2 November 2018
- Q. I inherited property that I did not know about, and therefore never paid the mortgage or received any notifications
- A: You should retain a foreclosure defense attorney who can file a response with the court on your behalf and gain you some time. That attorney can help determine what is owed on the property, and if there are any other liens other than the mortgage. If the property is worth less than what is owed, you may not have any interest in saving or selling. If it has equity though, there are various options you can take to preserve any inheritance.