We are a law firm helping people to reduce student loans and other debts, including filing bankruptcy if necessary. Don't believe others who say nothing can be done about student loans - we are seeing fantastic results every day! I was formerly trial counsel for Sallie Mae and other student loan servicers in bankruptcy dischargeability cases. I "switched sides" and now represent student loan borrowers and other debtors both inside and outside of bankruptcy. Since getting rid of student loans is so difficult in bankruptcy, we have had to get creative in finding ways to reduce the debt to affordable and sustainable payments with an end in sight.
- Foreclosure Defense
- Student Loan Litigation Defense
- Free Consultation
- Credit Cards Accepted
Accept all major credit cards.
- Contingent Fees
Contingent fees and costs available for most consumer protection lawsuits such as FDCPA, FCCPA and TCPA actions.
- United States District Court for the Northern Districts of Florida
- United States District Court for the Southern Districts of Florida
- United States District Court for the Middle Districts of Florida
- Christie D. Arkovich, P.A.
- Stetson University College of Law
- Honors: Cum Laude
- Activities: Stetson Law Review; State Attorney internship with Hillsborough County and clerked for the Florida Bar.
- Super Lawyer - Bankruptcy
- Florida Super Lawyers
- Tampa Bay’s Top Attorneys
- Tampa Bay Magazine
- Hillsborough County Bar Association
- American Bankruptcy Institute
- National Association of Consumer Bankruptcy Attorneys
- Tampa Bay Bankruptcy Bar Association
- National Association of Employment Attorneys
- National Association of Consumer Advocates
- Christie D. Arkovich's Website Profile
- Christie D. Arkovich, P.A. Website
- Tampa Bankruptcy Lawyer Blog
- Defaulting on Federal HEAL Student Loans can Cause Loss of Medicare Benefits!
12 February 2019
- Great New Opinions for Discharging Private Student Loan Debt in Bankruptcy
6 February 2019
- What if You Can’t Afford to Not Work – Can You Still Obtain Total and Permanent Disability Discharge of Student Loans?
2 February 2019
- Duty to Report Accurately Does Not End Once Ownership of An Account Transfers or is Sold.
1 February 2019
- Student Loan/Credit Card Debt Counterclaims have No Supplemental Jurisdiction in the Middle District of Florida
30 January 2019
- How Does the Student Loan Bubble Differ From the Foreclosure Crisis?
20 January 2019
- RNs, CNAs, LPNs all at Risk of Losing their License over Defaulted Student Loans
17 January 2019
- Can I Obtain Federal Student Loans During or After a Bankruptcy?
15 January 2019
- The Winner of our January Trivia Contest and a $25 gift card is:
14 January 2019
- Q. I inherited property that I did not know about, and therefore never paid the mortgage or received any notifications
- A: You should retain a foreclosure defense attorney who can file a response with the court on your behalf and gain you some time. That attorney can help determine what is owed on the property, and if there are any other liens other than the mortgage. If the property is worth less than what is owed, you may not have any interest in saving or selling. If it has equity though, there are various options you can take to preserve any inheritance.