Cheryl Ann Truesdale

Cheryl Ann Truesdale

Cheryl A. Truesdale, Attorney at Law
  • Divorce, Family Law, Domestic Violence
  • South Carolina
Review This Lawyer
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&ASocial Media

1982 J.D. School of Law, University of South Carolina Practiced bankruptcy and consumer credit for 4 years Practiced personal injury and workers comp for 2 years Since 1989 have practiced family law, including divorce, child custody, visitation rights, grandparents rights, paternity, child support, alimony, division of marital assets.

Practice Areas
    Collaborative Law, Contested Divorce, Military Divorce, Property Division, Same Sex Divorce, Spousal Support & Alimony, Uncontested Divorce
    Family Law
    Adoption, Child Custody, Child Support, Father's Rights, Guardianship & Conservatorship, Paternity, Prenups & Marital Agreements, Restraining Orders, Same Sex Family Law
    Domestic Violence
    Domestic Violence Restraining Orders, Victims Rights , Victims Rights
  • Credit Cards Accepted
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
South Carolina
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
  • English: Spoken, Written
Professional Experience
Sole Practitioner
Cheryl A. Truesdale, Attorney at Law
- Current
Staff Attorney
Mosely Law Firm
Staff Attorney
Piedmont Legal Services
University of South Carolina - Columbia
J.D. (1982) | Law
University of South Carolina - Columbia Logo
Professional Associations
Greenville County Bar Association
- Current
Placeholder image for professional associations.
South Carolina State Bar
- Current
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Family Court Mediator
South Carolina Board of Mediator/Arbitrator Certification
Websites & Blogs
Firm Website
Legal Answers
58 Questions Answered
Q. My exwife has custody of our kids, during my visits she tells me I’m not aloud to take my kids to a restaurant during
A: It depends on what your court order says. If the order grants you a defined schedule of visitation - alternate weekends from 6 pm Friday to 6 pm Sunday, for example - and your ex-wife is interfering with that schedule, you can file a rule to show cause in court to seek enforcement of that visitation provision. If, however, your court ordered visitation is simply "as the parties can agree", that's more difficult to enforce and usually requires the filing of a new case to request a defined schedule of visitation.
Q. DSS removed my child due to a positive drug screen that is not accurate due to a medication I'm prescribed
A: What you haven't mentioned is if you've provided a statement from your doctor confirming that you are prescribed for Adderall.
Q. Back in 2012 i signed a document between me and my parents for them to have temporary custody of my son and had it
A: Although your question doesn't state where the agreement was entered into, I assume that it was done in South Carolina. Because your agreement was never court approved, it is not enforceable as a custody order. It would merely convey to your parents the authority to obtain medical care for your child and to enroll him in school. Your parents don't need to "sign him back over". You may wish to send your parents a letter revoking the agreement and keep a copy for your records.
View More Answers
Contact & Map
330 East Coffee Street
Greenville, SC 29601
Telephone: (864) 527-5951
Fax: (864) 235-1283
Toggle tool

There are no recently viewed profiles.

There are no saved profiles.

There are no profiles to compare.