Cheri HobbsAttorney/Managing Partner at Compass Law
- Family Law, Divorce, Domestic Violence
Cheri Hobbs is a co-owner and managing partner of Compass Law. Cheri grew up in a family where service was not just something that was talked about, but something that was practiced daily in their lives. As a daughter of missionaries, she grew up helping people from all walks of life. From living with Indian tribes in the Amazon forest, to serving the needy in orphanages, to taking in domestic violence victims into their home, Cheri has always seen first-hand the real need that exists in all of humanity. It is this perspective and sincere compassion that propelled her into the legal field. Cheri received her undergraduate degree from the University of Central Florida in Political Science with a minor in Sociology and went on to receive her law degree from Florida State University. As a former prosecutor, she gained invaluable trial experience but simultaneously continued to develop her compassion for those struggling with substance abuse and mental illness. She went on to practice criminal defense and family law where she has been zealously advocating to the specific needs of each and every one of her clients. Cheri has experience in a wide variety of case, ranging from complex family law litigation to defending those charged with life felonies.
- Family Law
- Adoption, Child Custody, Child Support, Father's Rights, Guardianship & Conservatorship, Paternity, Prenups & Marital Agreements, Restraining Orders, Same Sex Family Law
- Collaborative Law, Contested Divorce, Military Divorce, Property Division, Same Sex Divorce, Spousal Support & Alimony, Uncontested Divorce
- Domestic Violence
- Domestic Violence Criminal Defense, Domestic Violence Restraining Orders, Victims Rights , Victims Rights
- Credit Cards Accepted
Rates, Retainers and Additional Information
Offer one (1) hour initial consultation at hourly rate.
- 9th Circuit
- English: Spoken, Written
- American Bar Association
- Family Law Committee Past-Chair
- Orange County Bar Association
- Club Foundation Board Member
- Orange County East - Winter Park Rotary
- "Of the things we think, say or do: Is it the TRUTH? Is it FAIR to all concerned? Will it build GOODWILL and BETTER FRIENDSHIPS? Will it be BENEFICIAL to all concerned?"
- Central Florida Family Law Inn
- I joined the Central Florida Family Law Inn in order to regularly meet with like-minded professionals and to continue building upon my family law education. The Inn members work within the community and provide resources to other professionals.
- Florida State University College of Law
- J.D. (2006) | Law
- Activities: Attorney Ad Litem; Worked for House of Representatives State Resources Council
- University of Central Florida
- B.A. (2003) | Political Science Pre-Law
- Minor in Sociology
There are no recently viewed profiles.
There are no saved profiles.
There are no profiles to compare.