Engaged in a private law practice informed by a 25-year prologue career as a Fortune 500 executive with companies in aerospace, biotech, chemical, comm, defense, medical and pharma businesses worldwide;
Former executive at Alliant Techsystems, Inc. (formed by M&A of Honeywell and Hercules companies), CP Kelco ApS (formed by M&A of Monsanto and Hercules companies then sold to JM Huber), Hercules Incorporated (acquired by Ashland, Inc.) and the Whittaker Corporation (acquired by Meggitt PLC et al), most recently with Lehman Brothers Holdings Inc. portfolio company;
Corporate leadership roles have included Chief Development Officer, Senior Vice President, Managing Director, Corporate Secretary, Vice President of Contracts, Vice President of Administration and Staff Director of International Business heading an international strategic business unit with international contracts, development, engineering, financial, marketing, merger & acquisition, program management, strategic planning and technology groups;
Held US national security clearances to top secret with special SCI access and served as corporate delegate to global trade policy organizations including the Aerospace Industries Association, Danish-American Business Forum, India Interest Group and US-China Business Council;
International business experience includes personally leading competitive initiatives to develop, negotiate, acquire and manage programs, projects and companies in over 30 countries (and advising on matters in another 30) while navigating global AML, antitrust, banking, boardroom, business development, compliance, diligence, ethics, FAR, FCPA, FX, governance, HR, IP, IT, litigation, M&A, management, marketing, regulatory, risk, security, structural and tax complexities.
- Business Law
- North Carolina
- 4th Circuit
- US Court of Federal Claims
- US Court of International Trade
- Executive in Residence
- Appalachian State University
- - Current
- Appointed to the faculty rank of Executive in Residence at Appalachian State University, a University of North Carolina institution, teaching Legal Environment of Business at the Walker College of Business, and MBA Business Ethics, MBA Business Law, and MBA Executive Skills at the Williams Graduate School.
- Principal Member
- CEO Law PLLC
- - Current
- Providing private outside counsel to publicly traded, private equity and individual clients including $500 million mid-sized and $60 billion DJ30 companies in aerospace, biotech, chemical, defense, energy, entertainment, financial and other businesses worldwide.
- St. Thomas University School of Law
- North Carolina State Bar
- American Bar Association
- North Carolina Bar Association
- A Comparative Historical, Legal and Policy Analysis of Informal and Formal Money Transfer Systems
- Cambridge Information Group - ProQuest