Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&A
- Criminal Law
- Real Estate Law
- DUI & DWI
- Estate Planning
Additional Practice Area
- General Civil
- Free Consultation
Rates, Retainers and Additional Information
Fixed fees on certain matters.
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
- New York
- Aymara: Written
- Quechua: Spoken, Written
- Spanish: Spoken, Written
- Syracuse University College
- J.D (2004) | Law
- Cornell University
- M.A | Anthropology/Archaeology/Linguistics
- Honors: B.A. summa cum laude University of New Mexico 1989
- University of New Mexico
- B.A | Anthropology/Linguistics
- Honors: summa cum laude with distinction
- Empire State Counsel
- New York State Bar Association
- New York State Bar  # 4292470
- - Current
Websites & Blogs
19 Questions Answered
- Q. Using eTrack to check status of uncontested divorce the case detail shows NOI filed w/o date. What does this mean?
- A: It should have been dated by the clerk upon reception. Do you have a time-stamped copy? If not, why not? Contact the county clerk's office and ask for clarification.
- Q. What will consequence if lease don't renewal?
- A: It depends. Does your old lease have a termination clause? Does it state the your tenancy reverts to a periodic term, such as month to month? If your landlord continues to accept rent from you, the general rule is that it is considered a month-to month, but your do lose the protection that a lease provides, meaning that you can be evicted with proper notice and procedure. If you do not pay rent you become a "holdover tenant" and can be evicted by a "non-payment summary proceeding". Send them your rent check and see what happens. If they return it uncashed, start looking for a new place to live.
- Q. Copyright laws in NY- replicating photos in paintings
- A: For personal use, not an issue, but if they are displayed publicly, like in a product label, periodical or on a website, there are potential problems, especially if the photo contains the likeness of a person without their permission. It gets tricky. Why not take some phots yourself. thereby giving them implied permission? If you photograph a person, be sure to tell them what it's for and ask for their permission to use it BEFORE you snap the shutter!
Contact & Map