Free Consultation: (919) 348-9211Tap to Call This Lawyer
Charles Evan Lohr

Charles Evan Lohr

Estate Litigation Attorney
  • Probate, Estate Planning, Elder Law
  • North Carolina
Review This Lawyer
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&ASocial Media

Evan Lohr is an attorney in Raleigh, NC. He focuses his practice on estate and trust litigation. He has also represented hundreds of clients in estate planning, probate administration, and guardianship matters. Evan graduated with a B.A. in political science from the University of North Carolina at Wilmington in 2006 and received his law degree from the University of Tennessee. He is a past editor of The Administrative Lawyer, a publication of the North Carolina Bar Association. A Raleigh native, Evan is a graduate of Sanderson High School and is past president of Holy Trinity Lutheran Church.

Practice Areas
  • Probate
  • Estate Planning
  • Elder Law
Additional Practice Areas
  • Will, Trust, and Estate Litigation
  • Eminent Domain
  • Real Estate Litigation
  • Free Consultation
  • Credit Cards Accepted
  • Contingent Fees
    The availability of contingency fees depends on the facts and circumstances of each case.
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
North Carolina
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
  • English: Spoken, Written
Professional Experience
Editor, the Administrative Lawyer newsletter
North Carolina Bar Association
University of Tennessee College of Law
Honors: Harold C. Warner Centurion Scholarship, John F. Schrankel Scholarship, University of Tennessee College of Law Scholarship
University of Tennessee College of Law Logo
Professional Associations
Wake County Bar Association
Placeholder image for professional associations.
North Carolina Bar Association
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Articles & Publications
The Administrative Lawyer
North Carolina Bar Association
A Year of Recognition: An Interview with Senior Administrative Law Judge Fred G. Morrison, Jr.
North Carolina Bar Association, Administrative Lawyer newsletter
Legal Answers
36 Questions Answered

Q. My mother is deceased, I am her only child, her mother passed away after her. How are monies from selling homes split
A: You are entitled to any property your mother would have received had she been living. Feel free to contact me to discuss more.
Q. If a property owner has passed away and the probate period has passed and there is no will. Who do you contact to buy?
A: If there are children or other heirs to the deceased that you know of who are willing to administer the estate or nominate you to do it, that would be ideal. Feel free to contact me for assistance.
Q. Me and my brother own the house and property that my parents lived in. What are my rights to sell?
A: You can file a partition action in the county where the property is located.
Q. How do I get help in terminating an adult guardianship?
A: You can file a petition in the special proceedings division of the clerk of superior court who has jurisdiction of the case.
Q. Step grandfather passed away but left everything to me and my kids but his niece by marriage has the will. Wont give it
A: You can file an application by affidavit to request the clerk of court to order her to produce the will. I am glad to help if you need it. Evan Lohr Attorney (919)348-9211
Q. I have a piece of land that was inherited from my father and he inherited it from his father. I have searched for a deed
A: If an estate was opened at the courthouse for your father and his father, then the estate file(s) would indicate how title to the land passed. If estates weren’t opened for either, then you would need to do that to obtain clear title. There are also a couple other options you may have. Evan Lohr Attorney 919-348-9211
Q. North Carolina will challenge. Do I need to prove BOTH Mental Capacity to make a will AND Undue Influence?
A: No, you can successfully contest a will by proving only undue influence.
Q. How do I protect my interest in a dual inheritance?
A: There are several options you could pursue, but they will all depend on how the property is titled. Please feel free to call me to discuss further. Evan Lohr Attorney at Law (919)348-9211
Q. How do you locate a will and power of attorney?
A: You. An file an application by affidavit with the clerk of court to try to get them to compel the sibling to file the will with the court. Please feel free to let me know if you have any more questions. Evan Lohr Attorney 919-348-9211
Click here to see all answers
Contact & Map
Lohr and Lohr PLLC
1122 Oberlin Road
Raleigh, NC 27605
Telephone: (919) 348-9211
Fax: (919) 930-8728