Free Consultation: (888) 373-9964Tap to Call This Lawyer
Charles Candiano

Charles Candiano

Accident and Injury Advocates Who Care About YOU
  • Personal Injury, Workers' Compensation
  • Illinois, Indiana
Rate This Lawyer
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&A
Practice Areas
  • Personal Injury
  • Workers' Compensation
  • Free Consultation
    You and I will discuss your claim until I am satisfied that I can help and your questions are answered, WITHOUT cost or obligation.
  • Contingent Fees
    Our fee on Personal Injury cases is 1/3 of the recovery and costs. Our fee on Workers' Compensation cases is set by statute at 20% of Settlement or Award and costs
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
Federal Circuit
  • English: Spoken, Written
Professional Experience
Candiano Law Office
- Current
Trial Attorney
The Margolis Firm, PC
Trial Attorney
Margolis & Velasco
Trial Attorney
Rusin, Patton, Maciorowski & Friedman
Deputy Prosecuting Attorney
Office of the Prosecuting Attorney, Lake County Indiana
The John Marshall Law School
J.D. (1995)
Professional Associations
Chicago Bar Association
Chair Professional Fees Committee
- Current
Indiana State Bar
- Current
Illinois Trial Lawyers Association
- Current
Websites & Blogs
Legal Answers
170 Questions Answered

Q. How many survivors can be compensated for a person's wrongful death? If a mother dies, can her spouse and children all
A: Absolutely! The Court would request that family information and must authorize the distribution. If a standard scheme is used (i.e. all share equally or surviving spouse takes 1/2 and 1/2 is divided among the children), the Court will summarily approve the distribution. If something different is contemplated, there will probably need to be a Hearing.
Q. I was involved in a auto accident at no fault. My Insurance is lying and putting off settling the claim.
A: If Geico says you were not at fault and you go through your policy, your car will be replaced, immediately, less your deductible which Geico must return to you on your facts. What's the problem?
Q. Can i get a ticket off my record that was listed wrong?
A: On your facts, the judgment was vacated which means that you don't have a ticket on your record. On your facts what you have on your INSURANCE record is an at-fault accident as reported by your insurance company. If you had appeared and asked for a continuance or hired an attorney to ask for a continuance, it would have been granted and you may not have been found to be partially at fault. Only attorneys can request continuances and then, not always. This proves the old adage that an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure.
Q. an uninsured motorist hit my parked 2002 toyota sequoia. it is not driveable. how do i get a dollar amount to take them
A: Have your insurance repair the vehicle. If you did not have insurance and you believe the at-fault party will pay for the repairs, pay a certified estimator to come out and estimate the damage. Tell the estimator that the cost of repair CANNOT exceed the fair market value of the car. In your case, that is probably around $2,000.
Q. Can my friend stepmother press personal property damage charges on me? I was not the driver but the vehicle is mine.
A: I have no idea what you are asking. "Press charges" is a silly term that usually refers to someone to asking the State's Attorney to file minor criminal charges against someone. If that is what you mean, I assume you did not have insurance on the car and the stepmother wants to charge her daughter with Driving Without Insurance. You cannot be charged because you were not driving. That said, you and your friend are BOTH liable for the damage. However, seeking criminal charges against her step-daughter is NOT going to get her car fixed.
Q. Husbands been on Workmen's Comp since 1978, needs additional surgery recommended by Doctor.
A: Absolutely! The doctor MUST explain how the need for surgery is related to the original injury. For Illinois Workers' Compensation claims, you will ALWAYS cheat yourself if your do not hire experienced counsel. You will have someone to guide you through the process AND when it is time to settle, an attorney can add value to your case IN EXCESS of his fee. In the last few years, employers also seek to advance the argument that when you settle a case without an attorney, your already low settlement should be further reduced by 20% so that you do not get a “windfall.” Representing yourself in Illinois is a lose-lose proposition. When you are represented, you have fewer headaches AND you get more money. It really is a no-brainer. I invite you to contact us for a free, no-obligation consult on 12-28-18. 312-465-2914
Q. Can I discover if my car was stopped too closely to an emergency technician bringing a patient to the truck
A: Why does it matter? If you are charged with an offense and you claim an EMT has photos that prove otherwise, of course, you may secure them with a Subpoena.
Q. The insurance agency says it'll provide me with an attorney - should I do that or hire someone privately?
A: This is one of the reasons that you buy insurance. They have a duty to defend you, if you should cause an accident. The attorney who they will assign is paid for. Why would you want to pay, again? This is not like the difference between a public defender and a private, criminal defense attorney. Nearly anyone you would hire would probably be on par with the attorney that is assigned.
Q. My friend was visiting from Europe and was in an accident - can she pursue a claim here?
A: Certainly. The only problem is with logistics. When you file suit in Illinois, you MUST make yourself available to be deposed and for trial in Illinois. If the plaintiff needs to be deposed or proceed to trial, she must return to Illinois.
Click here to see all answers
Contact & Map
53 W Jackson Blvd.
Suite 609
Chicago, IL 60604
Toll-Free: (888) 373-9964
Telephone: (312) 465-2914
Fax: (312) 624-8184