(504) 807-1410Tap to Call This Lawyer
- Personal Injury, Divorce, DUI & DWI ...
Paul H. July 30, 2021
Charles "Chuck" Branton Charged me $2800 and did not do his job. I met with Charles "Chuck" Branton to file contempt against my former wife for not following the parenting order by the courts. He immediately sold me on his belief that my X wife was trying to make her new husband the sole father in a replacement role and was blocking access. He gave me the confidence that he not only understood my case, but would represent me aggressively in the contempt proceedings. Overall, I was charged and paid $2800. Just before going into the room for the hearing. He told me to just say “ we just want more time with the kids” something totally different than what was sold to me and different than what was intended to proceed with. This was a new passive approach told to me moments before the hearing. When we entered the room, he virtually said nothing, and did nothing and simply “laid down so to speak”. I was forced to argue my case. I soon learned that my words meant nothing since I was not an attorney. He later said the hearing officer wanted to hear from me. Not true - that is why people hire an attorney - to have professional representation. My children are deeply hurt by the continued psychological abuse that is continuing as a result of the rip-off and the nonrepresentation by Charles Branton. After the failed meeting, Charles Branton told me it would cost an additional $4500 to go further. I told him he did not do the last job I hired him for that cost $2800 that I paid for. He said “ I don’t work for free” I hired another attorney and fired him. He conveniently twisted the words and truth, ripped me off, and added to the psychological damage regarding the mental health of my children.
Claimed Lawyer Profile
- Personal Injury
- Animal & Dog Bites, Brain Injury, Car Accidents, Construction Accidents, Motorcycle Accidents, Premises Liability, Truck Accidents, Wrongful Death
- Collaborative Law, Contested Divorce, Military Divorce, Property Division, Same Sex Divorce, Spousal Support & Alimony, Uncontested Divorce
- DUI & DWI
- Criminal Law
- Criminal Appeals, Drug Crimes, Expungement, Fraud, Gun Crimes, Internet Crimes, Sex Crimes, Theft, Violent Crimes
- Family Law
- Adoption, Child Custody, Child Support, Father's Rights, Guardianship & Conservatorship, Paternity, Prenups & Marital Agreements, Restraining Orders, Same Sex Family Law
Additional Practice Area
- Car Accidents
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
- Loyola University New Orleans
- J.D. (1985)
- Louisiana State University - Baton Rouge
- B.A. (1975)
- Louisiana State Bar
Articles & Publications
- Mediating Family and Divorce Cases in Louisiana
- Louisiana State Bar Journal
Websites & Blogs
Contact & Map
There are no recently viewed profiles.
There are no saved profiles.
There are no profiles to compare.