Free Consultation: (405) 252-0472Tap to Call This Lawyer
Chantelle Hickman-Ladd

Chantelle Hickman-Ladd

Alleman Law Firm, PLLC
  • Elder Law, Estate Planning, Probate
  • Oklahoma
Review This Lawyer
Claimed Lawyer ProfileOffers Video ConferencingQ&ABlawg SearchSocial Media

Chantelle grew up in Northwest Oklahoma before attending the University of Central Oklahoma where she received a B.B.A. She then went on to graduate summa cum laude from the Oklahoma City University School of Law. While attending law school, Chantelle was the Articles Editor for the OCU Law Review and a member of the Phi Delta Phi legal honor fraternity. In addition, she received CALI Excellence awards in her Criminal Law, Family Law, and Estate Planning classes, the Outstanding Family Law Student award from the OBA Family Law section, and won the Judge Alfred P. Murrah Sr. Award for outstanding academic performance.

Chantelle is a member of the Oklahoma Bar Association, the American Bar Association, the Oklahoma City Estate Planning Council, and serves as the At-Large Director for the Oklahoma Chapter of the National Academy of Elder Law Attorneys (NAELA). When she sneaks away from work, Chantelle loves to escape to the beach. Recently, Chantelle undertook the endeavor of trying to breathe underwater, AKA scuba diving. When she can’t find a sandy beach, Chantelle loves to spend time at home tucked away with her husband and fur baby, Zeus.

Practice Areas
    Elder Law
    Estate Planning
    Health Care Directives, Trusts, Wills
    Probate Administration
Video Conferencing
  • FaceTime
  • Google Hangouts
  • Skype
  • Zoom
  • Free Consultation
    Free 30-minute consultation
  • Credit Cards Accepted
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
Oklahoma Bar Association
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
  • English
Professional Experience
Attorney at Law
Alleman Law Firm, PLLC
- Current
Attorney at Law
Donna Jackson and Associates
Oklahoma City University School of Law
Oklahoma City University School of Law Logo
University of Central Oklahoma
Placeholder image for education.
Professional Associations
National Academy of Elder Law Attorneys (NAELA)
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Oklahoma Bar Association  # 33907
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Articles & Publications
Know Your Worth: Valuing Marriage and the Relinquishment of Marital Rights in Estate & Gift Tax Law
Oklahoma City University Law Review
Special Needs Planning: Some Things to Consider
American Bar Association
Changes to the Oklahoma General Corporation Act
Oklahoma Bar Journal
Websites & Blogs
Elder Law Ladies - Medium
Legal Answers
9 Questions Answered
Q. My dad lives in Arlington Texas. He and my mom are joint owners of my home in Oklahoma. My mother passed away 2019.
A: I’m sorry for the loss of your mother. If the ownership of your home is as joint tenants, not as tenants in common, with rights of survivorship, your dad needs to file an Affidavit of Surviving Joint Tenant to get your mom’s name off of the title. He can then file a quit claim deed to transfer title to you and him as joint tenants, not as tenants in common, with rights of survivorship, or to you.
Q. how do i get a quiet title ran for monies left unclaimed at the oklahoma treasury office in my deceased parents name
A: The first step is to file a claim form with Unclaimed Property. After a caseworker is assigned to your case, they'll instruct you on the documentation needed to release the funds. I would recommend reaching out to an attorney for further help if the caseworker tells you that you need to show proof of ownership, and you're unsure how to show that.
Q. If a parent’s home is to be given to the child in the will but the parent has became ill and requires assisted living
A: There's a lot of different things that can be effected if the house is transferred to the child when the parent enters a nursing home. For example, if the parent is going to need to qualify for Medicaid to pay for their nursing home stay, transferring the home may penalize them on the Medicaid application. It would be best to meet with an elder law attorney to address the specifics of your situation and discuss your options.
View More Answers
Contact & Map
Alleman Law Firm, PLLC
13921 Quail Pointe Dr.
Oklahoma City, OK 73134
Telephone: (405) 252-0472
Monday: 9 AM - 5 PM (Today)
Tuesday: 9 AM - 5 PM
Wednesday: 9 AM - 5 PM
Thursday: 9 AM - 5 PM
Friday: 9 AM - 12 PM
Saturday: Closed
Sunday: Closed
Notice: We can accommodate other times to virtually conference by appointment
Toggle tool

There are no recently viewed profiles.

There are no saved profiles.

There are no profiles to compare.