Free Consultation: (281) 962-3877Tap to Call This Lawyer
Chad Zubi

Chad Zubi

The Law Office of Chad Zubi
  • Family Law, Divorce, Criminal Law
  • Texas
Rate This Lawyer
Lawyer Rating and Reviews
Legal Knowledge
Legal Analysis
Communication Skills
Ethics and Professionalism
Rating: 10 Justia Lawyer Rating - 10 out of 10
I voted a 10 for Chad because I know how compassionate he is and how knowledgeable he is in the area of family law. If I need to recommend a friend or family member I would do so with confidence for Chad. He is one of my go to attorneys for family law cases in Houston Texas. He delivers great value to clients. I have been impressed with his hard work and candor he shows all his clients. Anyone who chooses Chad to represent them has made a great choice.
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&ASocial Media

Thanks a bunch for reading my bio! I was raised in the Houston area and have a passion for connecting with people and helping them solve their problems. Family law practice, and the practice of law in general, is a great way to pursue my passion and contribute all I can to Houston and society, and to become a better person, all while making a living! Not a bad deal huh? I haven't always been a lawyer, I have worked in so many different fields! I've been privileged enough to have worked as a construction manager, teacher/tutor, automotive lube technician, salesman and as a meat cutter in a small shop in Humble, I may have even made your Whopper when I worked at Burger King back in high school! I've been around for a bit, and I have been blessed with an understanding of many of the issues that all types of people face in their family, personal, and professional lives, and it is worthy to note that it's not all unpleasant. My experience and desire is one of the reasons I enjoy, and can thrive as an attorney. I have also developed a level of patience and ability to listen that helps me understand what it is that a client wants and needs.

When I'm not working I enjoy traveling, spending time with family, and everything motorcycle! On that note, if you come into the office for a consult, have a few extra minutes, and want to talk about your Harley, sport bike, or whatever, I'm all ears!

Practice Areas
  • Family Law
  • Divorce
  • Criminal Law
Additional Practice Areas
  • Child Custody
  • Child Support
  • Free Consultation
  • Credit Cards Accepted
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
  • Arabic: Spoken
Texas Southern University Thurgood Marshall School of Law
J.D. (2017)
Honors: Graduated Cum Laude
Professional Associations
State Bar of Texas # 24106626
Websites & Blogs
Family Law Blog
Legal Answers
5 Questions Answered

Q. Husband filed divorce
A: Greetings, If your husband has filed for divorce (and especially since you have children) I suggest that you obtain counsel to help you navigate the entire process. It is not just a matter of filling out forms. The divorce decree specifically, is a detailed document that is going to play an important part in your life for potentially many years to come and it is important to have a qualified attorney help you obtain a deep understanding of each of its provisions. In addition, there are some courts that do not accept the checkbox style forms that you may be referring to. In my opinion, it is a mistake to proceed with a divorce without obtaining the advice of proper legal counsel.
Q. I am following the modified possession order until Nov 17, 2019. I need help understanding the drop off
A: Your question cannot be answered without a careful reading of your order. The order should specifically state all of the necessary details for the exchange of the child/children in question. I say this because you stated you are following a modified possession order which could be any number of possible ways and places to drop off your child. If you are referring to a standard possession order or an expanded standard possession order then in general the child will usually be exchanged at one of the parent’s residences or at the school in which the child/children are enrolled. In any case, it is very important that you examine the exact wording of the order to ascertain what it is you have been ordered to do.
Q. I have been married for 4 years and I am seeking a divorce. Will it be held against me if I move out of the home?
A: You never know what a judge will do, but moving out of the house could work against you if child custody was at issue, here it is not because you said you have no kids, but like I said a judge has wide discretion. As far as property division goes, fault in the breakup of the marriage is a factor a court can consider in awarding a disproportionate share of the marital estate. This could work against your husband if he has been cruel and/or abusive. But every coin has two sides, so be prepared for a counter argument from your husband. You need to talk to an attorney about the house and the whole case in general.
Q. My boyfriend decree states 1st, 3rd, & 5th weekend custody. He works out of town, Am I allowed to keep them on his time
A: His time is his time and you are not entitled to possession of the kids during his time. However, you need to make sure that you follow the order, if it says you surrender the kids to him at a certain place at the beginning of his time then you should attempt to do so. If he is supposed to show up at a certain place to pick them up and doesn’t, then you will not be in violation of the order by keeping them. Also keep in mind that the possession order is usually (not always though so check your order) used when you cannot mutually agree as to who is going to have possession of the kids. It’s like a tie breaker when you cannot agree.
Q. Need help navigating this morality clause.
A: It really depends on specifically what the order says as to what is or is not a violation of the order. You should ask your attorney to go over the exact language of your temporary order and determine what you and your ex are required to do or refrain from.
Click here to see all answers
Social Media
Contact & Map
The Law Office of Chad Zubi
3707 FM 1960 W Suite 400
Houston, TX 77068
Telephone: (281) 962-3877
Cell: (832) 777-8924